Alain Whyte to return (not really)

Alain Whyte cannot rejoin Morrissey because Alain is very busy with his all-star band Stadium. :lbf:

There is no vacancy in Morrissey's live band, and even if there was I doubt Alain would be asked to come back. That would involve a certain amount of swallowing of pride -which isn't something Morrissey is renowned for. That's not Moz bashing, by the way. We all have our flaws.

Having said that, Morrissey did ask Gary Day back after the alleged "die wanker" episode, so stranger things have happened.

What do we know about Morrissey's live Band 2020? Always good for a surprise but not Alain, for sure.

Nope, just the kind of speculative stuff that filters over to Facebook and becomes 'fact'.
I believe there's a site for people that see 'signs'.
Alain has posted may 'reminiscing' posts over the years that 'hint' at things.
He was very much looking to build bridges after coming to London for the funeral, but even that coupled with his Hamill interview don't equal the OP assertion.
Gaz Day posted similar - he must be returning too?
Nope.
View attachment 54566
Regards,
FWD.

Hi FWD,

Excuse my ignorance (and, let's face it, my nosiness), but which funeral? I am out of the loop, it appears.

Hi FWD,

Excuse my ignorance (and, let's face it, my nosiness), but which funeral? I am out of the loop, it appears.
Boz's Mother Jean, who died Christmas 2019.
Regards,
FWD.

The what now?!

When Gary was sacked from the band in the 90s, he allegedly went to Morrissey's house and carved the words "die, wanker" on his front door out of revenge.

No idea if it's true or not, only ever read about it on here. The consensus seems to be that it is indeed true however.

Point being that Morrissey would later invite Gary back into the band years later, despite this incident. So perhaps there's hope for an Alain Whyte return yet.

When Gary was sacked from the band in the 90s, he allegedly went to Morrissey's house and carved the words "die, wanker" on his front door out of revenge.

No idea if it's true or not, only ever read about it on here. The consensus seems to be that it is indeed true however.

Point being that Morrissey would later invite Gary back into the band years later, despite this incident. So perhaps there's hope for an Alain Whyte return yet.
Sounds completely and utterly INSANE. I have a hard time believing this actually happened and that Moz would’ve forgiven him.

it's documented in Mozipedia. Not the bastion of all truth and knowledge, but the story is in writing.

It's all in the wording... :)

"... Day and Cobrin were abruptly dismissed from Morrissey’s band at the beginning of 1993. According to the latter neither was told by the singer himself but through his current assistant, Jo Slee. Cobrin speculates that their exit was the result of tensions on tour over his and Day’s perceived ‘unruly behaviour’. Replaced by Jonny BRIDGWOOD for the recording of VAUXHALL AND I, Day returned to his rockabilly roots in The Nitros, releasing an album on his own record label, Rock-out, as well as joining the newly reformed Sharks. He and Cobrin were temporarily brought back in March 1994 for Morrissey’s TOP OF THE POPS performance of ‘THE MORE YOU IGNORE ME, THE CLOSER I GET’ and a problematic B-sides session resulting in ‘MOONRIVER’ and ‘A SWALLOW ON MY NECK’. Day assumed his return was permanent so was surprised, and upset, when later that year he learned the singer had reinstated Bridgwood for the recording of the ‘BOXERS’ single. It was during this period that Morrissey awoke one morning to find two words carved into the front door of his Camden home. The first was ‘Die’, the second rhymed with banker. Whether this had any connection with his recent changes in band personnel is impossible to say.
After Bridgwood quit at the end of 1997, Day was coaxed back into the fold for Morrissey’s 1999 tour. Musically, and visually, his was a welcome return; whereas Boorer had ballooned and Whyte had widened, Day remained as sullen and slim as the day he first joined. He would remain Morrissey’s touring and studio bass player for the next seven years, resuming a minor role as additional songwriter. With Boorer he’d compose the B-sides ‘MEXICO’, ‘THE SLUM MUMS’ and ‘NOISE IS THE BEST REVENGE’ while he and Whyte would fashion YOU ARE THE QUARRY’s finale ‘YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LAST’. Day continued to pursue various other projects throughout his latter work with Morrissey, from The Motivators (a trio with Whyte and ex-Morrissey touring drummer Spike T. Smith) to The Caravans and his own rockabilly crew, The Gazmen. His final tour with Morrissey was in support of 2006’s RINGLEADER OF THE TORMENTORS before being replaced in 2007 by Solomon WALKER, brother of new Morrissey drummer Matt."

(Mozipedia).

Regards,
FWD.

Why would he? Morrissey barely plays any Alain-era songs anymore. His sets mostly focus on 2014-Present, 1988-1990, Smiths, and covers. Not a high percentage of 1992-2009 songs in recent years. A few, of course, but it’s not the focus of the shows.

Why would Morrissey want to re-employ Alain when he has a world-class lead guitarist like Jesse?

Well, he certainly couldn't re-employ him as a songwriter because the current guitarist can only play chords.

:rolleyes:

Say what Barnaby?o_O
he cant re employ AlainT as a SONGWRITER because the current guitarist can only play chords?????????:lbf:
Is that an enigma wrapped inside a riddle or Barnaby 'logic' WTF?

Blessedly this is only a rumor. Since departing from Morrissey, Alain Whyte has, according to Wikipedia, whored himself out to: Rihanna, Chris Brown, Madonna, the Black-Eyed Peas, and Cheryl Cole. If Morrissey is going to be saved from singing over teenybopper stylings, I don't think the return of Alain Whyte is the likely answer. A Morrissey/Whyte reunion: the "Christ Almighty" tour.

Does there exist any songwriter/guitarist who could redeem Morrissey musically? A moot question anyway, since Morrissey obviously isn't even interested in locating such a person. Good Morrissey music is on its way out.

I also wish that but we all know it's not gonna happen. I think Alain is only missing his younger days. And it is really good and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom