Band T-shirts

T. H. Auden

Hey Morrissey experts! Today I am interested in t-shirts. Does anybody have an overview of all the t-shirts (with slogans, e.g. "We hate Willam and Kate", "Assad is shit" etc.) his band members have wore, in concerts and/or videos through the years?

Ah the challenge! I am surprised someone doesn't already have this tabulated under visual record.

I've thought about doing this but haven't (yet).

If you reach out to Simon Goddard, then maybe he can do it. I'm not a journalist.

Thanks for the replies! I also think I remember 'F**k Steve Barnett' (the guy from Capitol who signed Morrissey for WPINOYB)

Last edited:
I have no idea about all of them, but the slogan t-shirts seemed to have had their heyday around 2011-2014, so definitely check out the tour archives from that time. This was a strange one that just said “Dirt,” in Beaumont, Texas in May 2014. Photo by my wife.
AA7F771F-2D1A-4DE1-B806-76AE1D8C980A.jpeg

I have no idea about all of them, but the slogan t-shirts seemed to have had their heyday around 2011-2014, so definitely check out the tour archives from that time. This was a strange one that just said “Dirt,” in Beaumont, Texas in May 2014. Photo by my wife.
View attachment 67675

Oh man, that looks really demeaning.

View attachment 67675
The night before Beaumont's 'Dirt' (Austin Music Hall) they wore 'Fancy Man' on purple shirts. The gig after Beaumont 48 hrs later (Orpheum, Memphis): 'Pimp' on a dark t-shirt.
Your guess is as good as mine :)
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom