Bands boycotting against playing in Israel thing

A

Anonymous

The whole bands boycotting against playing and receiving anything from Israel thing a few years ago, what was that all about? I Know Brian Eno, Cocker, etc were signees.

People were and still bash them for this...but hoe does this make them bad people??? They're just protesting against human rights violations by the government there. Can anyone explain? And what are your opinions?

Because it seems they are on a bandwagon. Israel wouldn't make a top ten list of human rights violations in that part of the world, the amount of attention they receive is suspect and highly disproportionate. Even the UN is keen to take action against Israel but ignores ongoing atrocities carried out by its neighbours.

It's still ongoing. I dislike Israel myself and support the boycott. Here's some links as there to much info to post on the many people involved in the boycott. The reasons for mostly involves illegal settlements built on stolen land and a system of apartheid forced on the Palestinians. The first is just a general wiki piece listing all the academic institutions and artists involved and the general history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycotts_of_Israel

One from the guardian with a list of a hundred artists boycotting like roger waters, Santana, Thurston Moore, Richard Ashcroft etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...eb/13/cultural-boycott-israel-starts-tomorrow

There was some recent uproar over Radiohead playing and most artists talk about playing for the people or that music has no boundaries buts really gauge and kinda outside the point. Some artists are more actively involved and some are more passively involved like Godard, Bjork, u2, Elvis Costello etc who all cancelled performances in Israel and gave a variety of reasons

Eh, you ignore my comments and posted propaganda to suit your narrative. Did you want a discussion or a platform for your views???

Eh, you ignore my comments and posted propaganda to suit your narrative. Did you want a discussion or a platform for your views???

My reply was to the original poster of this thread and was relevant to there questions. If I wanted to reply to you I'd hit reply to poster (you). There's also no propaganda just history of the movement and a list of who's onboard

Back
Top Bottom