Best bassists & bass solos?

I'll go with Flea from RHCP from that list.....

For me, my favourites are (Andy Rourke, of course, and)
Steve Severin (Siouxsie & The Banshees)
Peter Hook (New Order / Joy Division)
Mani (Stone Roses)

Jukebox Jury

Mani (Stone Roses)

Jukebox Jury

Good choice: pure coincidence, of course, that all, bar one, are from Manchester ;)

No order to the list, some are chosen for writing classic parts more than for their flash.

Peter Hook, John Entwistle, Geezer Butler, GEDDY LEE (of course), Robert Trujillo, Roger Waters, Paul McCartney, John Paul Jones, Larry Graham, whoever played bass on "Dancin' Machine" by the Jackson 5.

Mani (Stone Roses)

Jukebox Jury

I second this choice completely. I personally vouch for Dean Garcia of Curve.

tbh, when i saw "bass solos" the absolute first one that came to mind was the riff in "my generation."

Peter Hook and Simon Gallup are possibly more influential than any other bassists. how many bands do you like just because "they sound like Joy Division" or "they have bass lines like The Cure?"

Mike Dirnt of Green Day is also amazing. too bad his band has sucked since 1997

Carlos D, with his drop D tuning and disco octave jumps

Rourke of course....Mike Joyce may have been expendable, but Rourke's bass tone was just as important to The Smiths sound as Johnny's guitar

i really like Solomon Walker too. i think he has more range and personalty than Gary Day ever had

bass solos? the intro to Dead Kennedys Forest Fire immediately springs to mind

I think Paul McCartney is under-rated......listen to "Rain" sometime. A lot of those guys to me though just play with ZERO feeling. I mean Steve Vai has chops but its like eating cardboard watching him play.......IMHO.

Jah Wobble is pretty fantastic..Too bad Mcrickson isn't here to agree with me

11721JahWobble.jpg

one of my favorite basslines ever

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh, when i saw "bass solos" the absolute first one that came to mind was the riff in "my generation."

Yes, The Ox!!! :guitar: :bow:

What about, The Fox... John Taylor (Duran Duran)!!! :guitar:

Flea is the shizz and props to Tim Commerford (RATM) and Justin Chancellor & Paul D'Amour (Tool)...for when I like my shit heavy.

also, the lame ass on the right who thinks its okay to play with Smiths tribute bands. and yes, i am drunk and looking for an excuse to post this. mission accomplished.

17338_245802072757_507227757_3277851_1730028_n.jpg

haha, was about to yank it cuz chicken nuggets sober me up! haha. its okay. theres me and andy, don't hate, haters!!! :cool:;)

Yeah, chicken nuggets will sober anyone up. :squiffy::lbf:

So, has he called you yet or what? ;) Did he get a boner this time?

Back
Top Bottom