best start/best end

First track - Now My Heart Is Full
Last track - At Last I Am Born

I don't much like You Know I Couldn't Last either, the verses seem to drag a bit musically, and the lyrics for the main part are a bit too bitter towards specific targets (eg people who've sued him, music industry enemies) for them to really resonate with me. I do love the slightluy unhinged sounding ending though. Overall I'd much rather the warmth, wit and charm of At Last I Am Born, although I know that song's got it's detractors too.

smiths: what difference does it make/ rubber ring

moz: suedehead/sunny

Shifty said:
First track - Now My Heart Is Full
Last track - At Last I Am Born

I don't much like You Know I Couldn't Last either, the verses seem to drag a bit musically, and the lyrics for the main part are a bit too bitter towards specific targets (eg people who've sued him, music industry enemies) for them to really resonate with me. I do love the slightluy unhinged sounding ending though. Overall I'd much rather the warmth, wit and charm of At Last I Am Born, although I know that song's got it's detractors too.

I forgot to mention that I too prefer At Last...as a closer. I like You Know I Couldn't a lot, but it is a bit of a cliched closer, and the references to lawyers etc. seemed to turn a lot of people off (I took it as the final word on that topic, which was okay). At Last is very atypical. I don't know why, but the track really reminds me of something you'd see performed on Broadway, with the character standing center stage and declaring his newfound lease on life, with kids' choir off to the side. Maybe a bit of Queen in this track? I'd like to know how Mikey came up with the music and almost military percussion.

I want to start from before the beginning

Maladjusted-start
Disappointed-end

This is the last song I will ever sing...awww..no I changed my mind again...aww...goodnight and thankyou

Smiths- Queen Is Dead.... Suffer Little Children

Moz- Now My Heart is Full/ Maladjsuted/ The Teachers...

Speedway/ At Last I Am Born/ Tomorrow

Spring heeled Jim/We let you know

Have-A-Go Merchant said:
This is my first post here, so "Hello!"

Smiths:
The Queen Is Dead / Suffer Little Children

Solo:
Now My Heart Is Full / Speedway
Hello, and let me quote you to agree with your choice! :)

Now my heart is Full
Nobody loves us into Satan Rejected my soul

the post was meant to chose the best first song and the best last song of Morrissey's album recorded

Back
Top Bottom