Book of Condolence Thread

View attachment 68184

RIP Sir Tom.
Raised almost 33 million for the NHS.
War hero & modern day hero.
I'm in floods about this one and a little perturbed, all that effort walking round and round raised over 30 million. Yay. Then some naysayers say, ooh the NHS were sued for over 2 billion in negligence cases. So? It's not Toms fault. X

RIP Ricky Powell
Hip Hop and NY street photographer.

042619_MT_RickyPowell_ContactHigh.jpg

0_550_412.jpg

original-.jpg

Laurence-Fishburne-Ricky-Powell-Huck.jpg

Christopher Plummer has died

The obituaries will be interesting. I haven't followed his career so I can't comment on his acting really, but I've never - ever - heard or read a good word about his personality. Strange legacy.

Mary Wilson of the supremes unexpectedly died. The past is disappearing fast

how many times in the past 20 years did you ever think about her in relation to her being alive and the effect that her being alive has on you personally? ill bet NOT AT ALL. the past is disappearing at a normal rate of speed, you goon.

She was a person I associated with other people whom I cared about and so I note the passing and yes the sense of loss of one more tiny piece I associated with that loved one. I also note the feeling of my own movement in time when I do this. Same with

chick corea

who my father loved to death and saw multiple times

She was a person I associated with other people whom I cared about and so I note the passing and yes the sense of loss of one more tiny piece I associated with that loved one. I also note the feeling of my own movement in time when I do this. Same with

chick corea

who my father loved to death and saw multiple times
dont really care, just think yer a bit of a gimp

Manchester character actor Alan Igbon died in December at 68. His niece announced it on Facebook in January.

RIP Lawrence Ferlinghetti

I am signaling you through the flames.
The North Pole is not where it used to be.
Manifest Destiny is no longer manifest.
Civilization self-destructs.
Nemesis is knocking at the door.
What are poets for, in such an age?
What is the use of poetry?
The state of the world calls out for poetry to save it.
If you would be a poet, create works capable of answering the challenge
of apocalyptic times, even if this meaning sounds apocalyptic.
You are Whitman, you are Poe, you are Mark Twain, you are Emily Dickinson
and Edna St. Vincent Millay, you are Neruda and Mayakovsky and Pasolini,
you are an American or a non-American, you can conquer the conquerors with words....

- Poetry As Insurgent Art (I Am Signaling You Through The Flames)

Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom