Brian Clough

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I’ve been reading and watching a lot of footage about Brian Clough recently, mainly due to the release and media coverage for the new Film ‘The Dammed United’ which I still haven’t seen yet. For some reason it’s not showing at my local Odeon and doesn’t seem to be showing at many Odeon’s in Scotland. Anyone else from Scotland having this problem? It’s really frustrating because I really want to see this film.

Anyway what a character he was. I have always really admired people who are honest and brave and stand up for themselves. And of course he was also a prolific goal scorer and an amazing manager, probably the best. I’m currently reading a brilliant book called ‘Provided you don’t kiss me’ 20 years with Brian Clough, by Duncan Hamilton. And I have also ordered Cloughs Autobiography.

So you know me whenever I’m inspired by someone I have to get the old pencil and paper out. :rolleyes:

cloughy77w.jpg

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this great man and your reviews of the new film if you have seen it.

I'm not interested in football at all, but might watch it because I like Michael Sheen.

It's always lovely to see your beautiful drawings, Tbevie. :)

He was my hero when I was a teenager :)

The damned united is good but michael sheen plays him slightly camp, plus some of the dates are wrong which miffed me slightly.

Well the film is based around his obsession with Leeds and Don Revie but they changed dates around Leeds winning the title to fit in with his obsession.

Who put that awful tag? bet it was that scouser!!

I'm not interested in football at all, but might watch it because I like Michael Sheen.

It's always lovely to see your beautiful drawings, Tbevie. :)

Thanks a lot kewpie. I think he's an amazing actor. Another reason why I want see the film so bad.

Tags
brian clough glad he's dead
Back
Top Bottom