Darling, I Hug A Pillow - The trumpets are from what song?

A

Anonymous

It's doing my bloody head in! Can't remember what song they are from. Pretty sure it's a 1960's track???

It could be the melody. Pretty sure that there are trumpets in the song I'm thinking of???

Almost got it! ?

It's doing my bloody head in! Can't remember what song they are from. Pretty sure it's a 1960's track???
The sample is taken from the middle eight from the title track of the 60's film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Danny Levin is quite a prolific musician and is credited as playing on it - so probably not a sample at all.
Info here:
Given Chiccarelli et al credit the use of a sample (Olivia Newton-John) in another song, I'd guess it's just something that coincidentally sounds familiar?
Regards,
FWD.

Danny Levin is quite a prolific musician and is credited as playing on it - so probably not a sample at all.
Info here:
Given Chiccarelli et al credit the use of a sample (Olivia Newton-John) in another song, I'd guess it's just something that coincidentally sounds familiar?
Regards,
FWD.

Maybe, but when I hum along with the trumpets, I almost get the track. May have to cut my ears off tonight to get that bloody worm! Can't believe nobody else hears it!

It could be the melody. Pretty sure that there are trumpets in the song I'm thinking of???

Almost got it! ?

Makes me think of the opening melody
to this song ....

melody repeats at 1:54

Last edited:
This is still bugging the f*** out of me.

Ok, even I'm not sure about this. So I could be reading too much into it. Feel free to berate me!

The Kinks - You Really Got Me, has that five note riff. The lyrics are also about someone in bed that can't sleep. Morrissey doesn't say that in his lyrics, but he does hug a pillow because he's missing someone.

Could be bollocks.

But those 5 notes!

This is still bugging the f*** out of me.

Ok, even I'm not sure about this. So I could be reading too much into it. Feel free to berate me!

The Kinks - You Really Got Me, has that five note riff. The lyrics are also about someone in bed that can't sleep. Morrissey doesn't say that in his lyrics, but he does hug a pillow because he's missing someone.

Could be bollocks.

But those 5 notes!

Consider yourself berated. Now go and mow the lawn or something.

At last!

It's taken almost a f***ing week!

Manfred Mann - Pretty Flamingo @1:23 those 5 notes!

??

I hug a pil low - 5 syllables

Pre tty fla min go - 5 syllables

It's intentional! :)

Just Googled Morrissey Pretty Flamingo and found this:

IMG-3104.png

Morrissey - In Conversation

It's intentional! :)

Just Googled Morrissey Pretty Flamingo and found this:

IMG-3104.png

Morrissey - In Conversation

Nice sleuthing!