Did everyone notice the mexican flag on the drum set of Morrissey gig?

masterrhodes

On Your Ban List
I'm just wondering why it was that flag. I have read that he got on real well with the hispanics in L.A. but I don't understand why he would be advocating that flag over others.

When he played in Oslo, it was an Italian flag. I don't think you should read too much into his choice of drum set decoration - there's obviously a nod to his Mexican/Hispanic fans there, but I wouldn't say he's "advocating" anything.

masterrhodes said:
I'm just wondering why it was that flag. I have read that he got on real well with the hispanics in L.A. but I don't understand why he would be advocating that flag over others.

Does the flag offend you?

The flag is Italian. I don't know if you noticed the tour pass on the staff. They all have the Italian flag. It's part of his new italophilia...

Italia

It´s italian , as Davide says it´s part of the italophilia , the green shirts saying playboys have the italian flag as well.

It is the weirdest thing..

..I am italian, I escaped my shit home town 10 years ago to move to London and reason behind that was mainly my love for british music/bands. Seeing Moz doing the whole italian thing, complete with flag and posing for pics outside Pizzeria Montecarlo is the biggest of the mindf***. Too weird :D

Last edited:
I should have read up before posting

I also prolly ought to know my flags more:(

These are hotlinked (naughty I know), but

Mexico
bandera-copy.jpg

Italy
italian_flag.jpg

Ireland
old-tricolor.gif

Three similar, but distinct, flags. The one on Matt Walker's kick drum is indeed Italian.

love, math+

Math Tinder said:
These are hotlinked (naughty I know), but

Mexico
bandera-copy.jpg

Italy
italian_flag.jpg

Ireland
old-tricolor.gif

Three similar, but distinct, flags. The one on Matt Walker's kick drum is indeed Italian.

love, math+

They are all similar, good to see that they're all different sizes to avoid confusion.

Math Tinder said:

Funnily enough, this Irish flag is upside down. The above is the Ivory Coast flag. There was UPROAR!!11 and OUTRAGE!!!!111 (in the Sunday World tabloid) when Madonna had an upside-down Irish flag flashed on a screen in one of her videos.

Then everyone realized that most of the Irish flags which are waved/hung for football matches are also upside down, and people weren't so outraged any more. :rolleyes:

Can´t Tell Arse From Elbow-type Scenario

The Mexican flag has a wide white stripe in the middle and features a coat of arms bang in the centre of it all. Absolutely nothing like the Italian flag. Not that you lot would notice anything like that. f***ing ignorant assholes.

Spicer said:
Funnily enough, this Irish flag is upside down. The above is the Ivory Coast flag.

holy crap, I'm sorry, I actually took it from a webpage showing the history of the different versions of the flag, but copied the link for the wrong era. that was totally stupid, I'm sorry to the Irish.

Ireland
tricolor.gif

xo, math+

Math Tinder said:
I'm sorry to the Irish.

It wasn't stupid, and I'm sure nobody was offended :) The funny thing is, I think we see more upside-down Irish flags here than right-side up ones... we're not the most patriotic bunch!

Back
Top Bottom