Favourite other bands

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
Again, apologies if this is the 1,000,000th time this has been done, but what other music do people like on here?

In no particular order, I’m partial to a bit of Nick Cave, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Deacon Blue, Gene, R.E.M. The Charlatans, U2 & some Suede. But they can whine on a bit, & the second half of Brett Anderson’s autobiography was pretentiousness defined.

Loads of others as well, but let’s see what people come up with.

REM and The Charlatans as per your list. plus New Order, James, Echo and The Bunnymen, Cast, The National, Buzzcocks, Sleeper are the main ones but I slip into other stuff now again while out for a run

Indie-rock, rock, soundtracks, classical, C & W, Rockabilly, Garage rock, easy listening, Punk rock, classic soul, "world music".....anything from the 30's to now.....though.....not so much the "now" bit.

REM and The Charlatans as per your list. plus New Order, James, Echo and The Bunnymen, Cast, The National, Buzzcocks, Sleeper are the main ones but I slip into other stuff now again while out for a run
Oh yeah, I forgot New Order! I love them. And the first Electronic album as well.

Oh, & Carter USM. Another good b-sides band as it happens.

Indie-rock, rock, soundtracks, classical, C & W, Rockabilly, Garage rock, easy listening, Punk rock, classic soul, "world music".....anything from the 30's to now.....though.....not so much the "now" bit.
Yeah, totally agree about now, except for anything by the bands mentioned that comes out now.

Maybe not The Charlatans, their last 2 have been a bit ropey. In my opinion.

Nick Cave, The Courteeners, Radiohead, Lloyd Cole, P J Harvey plus (depending on my mood) jazz.

Stephen - since I joined here last week, I’ve been compared by some (negatively I have to say) to you. Or indeed accused of being you under a false name.

You seem perfectly reasonable to me. So I take the comparison as a compliment.

I object to Stephen's neo-Nazidom due to the neo-Nazi bit.... other than that...

I object to Stephen's neo-Nazidom due to the neo-Nazi bit.... other than that...
Not seen any of that personally. But it depends if he really is or if he just, I don’t know, votes Tory so gets called a Neo-Nazi.

It has been known to happen. I’ll reserve judgement.

Not seen any of that personally. But it depends if he really is or if he just, I don’t know, votes Tory so gets called a Neo-Nazi.

Now I feel I'm being mean - but a proper actual neo-Nazi group has been mentioned.

Now I feel I'm being mean - but a proper actual neo-Nazi group has been mentioned.
Ah ok, well you seem very reasonable & honest, so I’ll take your word for that. I can’t be bothered to rake through reams of old posts to find it. I would have thought support for Neo-Nazi groups online was illegal though?

HOWEVER, I think I’ll keep out of this, it’s not my fight.

2nd best solo artist: Scott Walker (60s and 70s, not the more recent stuff)
2nd best band: Kraftwerk

In no real order: Suede, early U2, The Housemartins, The Beautiful South, Lloyd Cole, Dexy's, Soft Cell, Deacon Blue, early Marillion, The Cranberries, The Damned, Tears For Fears, The Cure & Pulp

Stephen - since I joined here last week, I’ve been compared by some (negatively I have to say) to you. Or indeed accused of being you under a false name.

You seem perfectly reasonable to me. So I take the comparison as a compliment.

Not sure why i would make a second account but thanks. I try to be reasonable....I just don't have much time for idiots.

In no real order: Suede, early U2, The Housemartins, The Beautiful South, Lloyd Cole, Dexy's, Soft Cell, Deacon Blue, early Marillion, The Cranberries, The Damned, Tears For Fears, The Cure & Pulp

Went into the pub that is Clutching at Straws by Marillion's front cover. Long gone....like most old boozers.

Is that Nerak discussing me? I can't see, since i blocked her a while back for some outrageous statements.

Back
Top Bottom