Favourite other bands

"Excuse me, I thought I overheard you say the words pathetic f***ing idiot...were you talking about me, by any chance?"
I've always found that the word 'coward' suffices.

"Excuse me, I thought I overheard you say the words pathetic f***ing idiot...were you talking about me, by any chance?"
"If the shoe fits, Velcro, wear it with pride!" Make sure to write it down. :thumb:

Oh yeah, I forgot New Order! I love them. And the first Electronic album as well.

Oh, & Carter USM. Another good b-sides band as it happens.
Carter The Unstoppable Farter, funny little double act Jimbob &
Fruitbat, sound like a couple of Guineapigs!

Fantastic live band though. Any reason why you chose Mandingo as your guest name?
It's one helluva funny name and you may be aware from some of my daft posts, I kinda like funny names. I'm also aware of it's background.

Only R.E.M. and The Monkees are on a par with Morrissey in my book as far as emotional, to-my-dying-day importance. But all of those artists are completely different from each other. It's like saying "if you could lose your arms, or your legs, or your eyes, what would you pick?" I couldn't imagine any of them missing from my life.

As far as repeat offenders go, I have massive love for Luke Haines, Aimee Mann, Michael Penn, Suede, The National, The Fall, Red House Painters, XTC, The Beatles, The Gaslight Anthem, Blur, early Radiohead, Springsteen, The Jam...

Only R.E.M. and The Monkees are on a par with Morrissey in my book as far as emotional, to-my-dying-day importance. But all of those artists are completely different from each other. It's like saying "if you could lose your arms, or your legs, or your eyes, what would you pick?" I couldn't imagine any of them missing from my life.

As far as repeat offenders go, I have massive love for Luke Haines, Aimee Mann, Michael Penn, Suede, The National, The Fall, Red House Painters, XTC, The Beatles, The Gaslight Anthem, Blur, early Radiohead, Springsteen, The Jam...
Despite being a manufactured band I quite liked the Monkees, some good tracks including this from 1966:

Just checking through my albums, in no particular order, my all time favourites who I listen to a lot (Morrissey aside as a given) would include The Smiths (obv), Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Arctic Monkeys, Kate Bush (Ok she's not a band I know).
Maybe to a lesser degree these days, The Beatles, Prince, Oasis, Nirvana, Pulp, Hard-Fi, Shed Seven, Tears For Fears, Radiohead, Royksopp, although I dip in occasionally.
I've got a lot of Elton John, Deep Purple, Led Zepp, Hendrix, some of whom don't get out much these days.

Oh, I forgot Depeche Mode as well. Actually they’re in my top 5!

Oasis are great too. I loved Pulp back in the day, although I find some of Jarvis’ lyrics a little embarrassing now, they haven’t aged well.

I’ve got loads of ‘best of’ albums by various people too, inc Prince & Tears for Fears.

SUCH AS????
Just some of the lyrics on Different Class, in particular, listening to them now sound a bit...well, 90s. Maybe it’s just realising that Jarvis was a 30 something man singing about it in the 90s, they sound a bit...teenagerey really.

But time marches on.

Just checking through my albums, in no particular order, my all time favourites who I listen to a lot (Morrissey aside as a given) would include The Smiths (obv), Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Arctic Monkeys, Kate Bush (Ok she's not a band I know).
Maybe to a lesser degree these days, The Beatles, Prince, Oasis, Nirvana, Pulp, Hard-Fi, Shed Seven, Tears For Fears, Radiohead, Royksopp, although I dip in occasionally.
I've got a lot of Elton John, Deep Purple, Led Zepp, Hendrix, some of whom don't get out much these days.
It's interesting how you list quite a number of bands in your collection but then go on to say how you don't listen to them much now, that's exactly how I feel about my own music these days. I've collected music since my mid teens and now i'm in my 50's I feel I could take or leave most of it...The Smiths & Morrissey have left a ton of my other choices on the shelf which for me shows how outstanding their back catalogues are.

It's interesting how you list quite a number of bands in your collection but then go on to say how you don't listen to them much now, that's exactly how I feel about my own music these days. I've collected music since my mid teens and now i'm in my 50's I feel I could take or leave most of it...The Smiths & Morrissey have left a ton of my other choices on the shelf which for me shows how outstanding their back catalogues are.
Yeah, same here. I occasionally drift to something else but am never far away from the classics.

It comes/goes in waves depending on what I 'need'. I have mixed interests musically; it's not all Morrissey & Smiths as you can see. I like rock, blues, reggae, soul, dance, just depends what talks to me. You should get an account as opposed to being anon. You make sense mainly.

Back
Top Bottom