GA Line etiquette

AllYouNeedIsMoz

Queen Bee
Having not gone to a GA show since I was a teenager (a long time ago) and could care less if I was up front, I have some etiquette questions regarding my upcoming GA at Asheville.

How early is too early?
If you have to pee/get something to drink, will someone hold your spot or are you screwed?
If you are one of a pair of tickets, can one of you save the spot for the other? Obviously, a GROUP of people would suck but a pair?
(I have a pair, selling one of my pair to a fellow Solo-er...he can get there early and I have nursing clinicals.)
What do you do to pass the time? If you bring stuff, you're going to have to get rid of it or bring it in the venue and I can't imagine that's loads of fun.

Thanks for your thoughts!

People will generally hold your spot in line. Depending on the venue is how early you should get there. Someplace like New York or LA, people are waiting over night. Asheville, probably fine to queue around 12:00-2:00 or so.
I have seen, however, when doors open it's basically a free-for-all to the front barrier/stage.

I have found before that people in line are really great to talk to for passing the time. You can bring stuff too, just return it to your car or wherever about 45 minutes before doors open. Unless of course you just hand it to Moz on stage :cool:

Just search for the 'name the line crashers' thread from the last tour. It will teach you all you need to know. :crazy:

Overnight?!
When he played in Cork last summer I got there half an hour early and got the best spot in the venue!

Just search for the 'name the line crashers' thread from the last tour. It will teach you all you need to know. :crazy:

That's what I was thinking!

--jeniphir

Dear Adam ,
Amen .

eVe
:D

Just don't piss off the venue this time -- graffiti, well, anywhere else. It's Little 5 Points, it's expected.

Pissing ON the venue, however, may be perfectly acceptable.

I need to write an etiquette book for queuing in the U.S. (It's a totally different art form in the E.U.)

Ack... I've been up all night. (Consider it practice.)

-A

i have someone holding my spot in line at bowery ballroom already.

what now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

and i do not even have a confirmed ticket.:cool:

i have someone holding my spot in line at bowery ballroom already.

what now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

and i do not even have a confirmed ticket.:cool:

Ooo Ooo! Can I be one of your 25 friends you let in front of you about 25 minutes before the doors??? I'll even hold the spot for 3 hours while you go take a nap then I'll disapear again until someone else relieves me. :blushing::o:sick:

If you go early, bring a folding chair to sit on. The day can get long if you get there early.
digimarc.ms

From my experience, people will hold your spot if you go off for a break for lunch, or other bodily needs. I don't think anyone expects a person to stand in one spot on line for hours.
Having the chair is good to have, and take it back to the car, if possible, like a half hour before door opening.
Or, if it is an inexpensive chair, just leave it and maybe it will still be there after the concert.

Ooo Ooo! Can I be one of your 25 friends you let in front of you about 25 minutes before the doors??? I'll even hold the spot for 3 hours while you go take a nap then I'll disapear again until someone else relieves me. :blushing::o:sick:

Now, now. . .

I can see you still have the bitter aftertaste. . .as do I. :tantrum:
I believe the correct proportions are "4 people in line = 45 people in the hotel sleeping all day."

--jeniphir

Please don't make this thread into "Episode 3: Return of the Line Crashers". :tears:

All I wanted was some practical advice on what's acceptable, and only joey and Seeker have answered the actual question. Thanks, you two.

Actually, I'm not kidding... I was up in that area a couple of weeks ago, and a bedraggled young man walked by and asked if the Aragon was close. It wasn't. I offered him whatever directions I could, and he said he'd already walked from Union Station. That's over six miles. It was 25 degrees and spitting slush that night.

And the weird thing is, the Aragon now hosts Mexican bands almost exclusively. The show that night was a Mexican thing, and this kid looked like a twenty year old, post-emo Mozfan. It was strange.

You ask a great question about holding a place in line for someone. A friend of mine grabbed me a ticket for Webster Hall but is working half a day. I'd have no problem getting up there early to queue but I don't want to cause any problems by saving her a spot in line if she takes longer then I expect to get there. Knowing her, teling me she'll be there at one o'clock may turn into five o'clock because she has a very demanding job.

Please don't make this thread into "Episode 3: Return of the Line Crashers". :tears:

All I wanted was some practical advice on what's acceptable, and only joey and Seeker have answered the actual question. Thanks, you two.

Back
Top Bottom