Help Me With Tomorrow's Dinner

virtually dead

Simply Thrilled, Honey
I have been living on maccaronni cheese and Super Noodles for three months, I feel I must branch out. I want to make something more adventurous tomorrow but I don't really know what to do. I'm not a very experienced cook. Could you suggest a meal that a poor student with many a kitchen disaster to her name may be able to cook?

If you're a veggie, an easy dish to make is pasta (penne) with tomato, spinach and onions and mushrooms. Courgettes can be added as well.

Chop up some garlic, and heat up some olive oil in a big frying pan (or any kind of pan). Fry the garlic for 30 seconds - 1 min, then add the onion and mushrooms (and courgettes). Fry for a few mins, till soften. Roughly chop up some spinch and add to the pan. The spinach will wilt down after a couple of minutes. Add one or two tins of chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, plus add a few chilli flakes, if you like it spicy. Simmer. Boil your pasta as normal - 8 to 10 mins or til al dente, drain, and add to the pan and mix it all together. Remove from heat, and serve with grated cheese, and maybe some bread, preferably garlic bread. Whole thing should be relatively cheap, plus you can make lots and fridge it for a couple of days.

Thanks guys, these all sound really tasty (especially that pasta, Mr Smith).

If you're a veggie, an easy dish to make is pasta (penne) with tomato, spinach and onions and mushrooms. Courgettes can be added as well.

Chop up some garlic, and heat up some olive oil in a big frying pan (or any kind of pan). Fry the garlic for 30 seconds - 1 min, then add the onion and mushrooms (and courgettes). Fry for a few mins, till soften. Roughly chop up some spinch and add to the pan. The spinach will wilt down after a couple of minutes. Add one or two tins of chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, plus add a few chilli flakes, if you like it spicy. Simmer. Boil your pasta as normal - 8 to 10 mins or til al dente, drain, and add to the pan and mix it all together. Remove from heat, and serve with grated cheese, and maybe some bread, preferably garlic bread. Whole thing should be relatively cheap, plus you can make lots and fridge it for a couple of days.

May I come over to your house for dinner? I'll wash up.

In Japan the most easiest / laziest dish is to pour some soy saurce on cooked rice. :D

I used to cook something similar at home when I was hungry and no-one would cook for me, noodles and soy sauce/oyster sauce. I did manage to muck this up on one occasion and made the kitchen smell of cat food for two days :o

Pasta is great, you can do so much with it Mr Smith :)

I once wrote a rude word in alphabet spaghetti.

Thanks guys, these all sound really tasty (especially that pasta, Mr Smith).

You're welcome. I hope it taste and smells better than cat food.

May I come over to your house for dinner? I'll wash up.

As long as you bring some kind of home made stomach pump, sure. It's for your own benefit.

Split Pea Soup Sandwiches
------------------------------
1 can condensed split pea soup
2 slices of white bread

Directions:
1. Open the can of split pea soup.
2. Try to slide the whole thing out sideways in one big lump.
3. Cut the can-shaped mass into thick slices.
4. Put a couple slices on a piece of bread. (If you want to be fancy, you can toast the bread first.)
5. Place the other slice of bread on top.
6. Enjoy!

My housemate really ate these in college.

1462.jpg

My husband grew up eating "gravy bread". The first time I heard about it (at my in-laws), I asked what that was...and well, it's just like it sounds...gravy on bread. They had 5 kids. And they all loved it. Whatever it takes! :p

My husband grew up eating "gravy bread". The first time I heard about it (at my in-laws), I asked what that was...and well, it's just like it sounds...gravy on bread. They had 5 kids. And they all loved it. Whatever it takes! :p

One of Mrs. NRitH's childhood friends came from an Appalachian family. The first time I joined them for dinner, they made a special vegetarian dish just for me. It was something like a plate heaped with slices of white bread dipped in eggs, then baked in one big mound. I had to suppress a massive gag reflex and thanked them for thinking of me. :sick:

One of Mrs. NRitH's childhood friends came from an Appalachian family. The first time I joined them for dinner, they made a special vegetarian dish just for me. It was something like a plate heaped with slices of white bread dipped in eggs, then baked in one big mound. I had to suppress a massive gag reflex and thanked them for thinking of me. :sick:

ooh, so close to being french toast. darn. :p

Tags
eat fruit
Back
Top Bottom