I Wanted to Believe in Morrissey (Or His Music, at Least) - Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu (2017)

I Wanted to Believe in Morrissey (Or His Music, at Least) - Talkhouse
With Low in High School, Moz commits sacrilege against himself.
By Jamie Stewart | December 13, 2017

Excerpt:

This review of Morrissey’s Low in High School was very challenging. On alpha-and-omega personal levels, Morrissey is hands-down my favorite lyricist, the one from whom I have learned and stolen the most. Though Morrissey might not approve of the religious association here, to me, he is the Father. The albums he made with the Smiths and His solo records will forever be in my lifelong top 10: The first time I ever had sex in an appropriate way was while listening to Hatful of Hollow. I had a Smiths poster on bedroom wall until I was 32. I have seen Morrissey in concert more than any other artist. My brother, barber, and first boyfriend all have Morrissey tattoos. He is very important to me, and I feel unworthy of critiquing the man who essentially raised me musically. Essentially, I want to believe in Him. I have, since I was a teenager, needed to believe.

It was also challenging because His last record was unlistenable. 2009’s Years of Refusal is one of His best ever ever ever, but I couldn’t even get through 2014’s World Peace is None of Your Business. I was shocked—maybe I just hate dogs? Either way, because of it, I nervously entered into writing this nervously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy all of Morrisseys solo LPs. I do think the last few albums have had more weaker tunes on them lately. They've tend to have more tunes that I skip over. In my opinion I think its 75% good to 25% bad songs. I do tend to like Years of Refusal more than World Peace, and I think this merely has to do where I was personally in my life when Refusal came out. Musically World Peace is more solid to me where lyrical Refusal hits me more personally.

A very good post as I think a lot of people tend to ignore how important this is when they are commenting about an album. Hence we see so many nostalgic posts about some of Morrissey's albums that were very poorly received back in the day.

Christ you again. The Pet Shop Boys are anti semetic because they don't like Moz?
You are mad
Moz would have no interest in Brian Harvey you mental
The Pet Shop Boys don't dislike morrissey and if anyone is anti semetic its Moz more than pet shop boys Liking Israel doesn't mean you like the jewish race as such
Also the only thing Moz likes about Israel is the gay friendly aspect. That's it.

its 'SEMITIC", Obi Wan.:crazy:

Christ you again. The Pet Shop Boys are anti semetic because they don't like Moz?
You are mad
Moz would have no interest in Brian Harvey you mental
The Pet Shop Boys don't dislike morrissey and if anyone is anti semetic its Moz more than pet shop boys Liking Israel doesn't mean you like the jewish race as such
Also the only thing Moz likes about Israel is the gay friendly aspect. That's it.
The Pet Shop Boys have definitely made some nasty digs against Morrissey over the years. Maybe you should ask Morrissey himself if he would regard the Pet Shop Boys as haters of him. I don't know if Johnny Marr is still friends with the Pet Shop Boys? As far as I know I don't think that the Pet Shop Boys have converted to Islam. I don't know if the Pet Shop Boys are antisemitic but Vegan Cro Spirit thought that they might be. I don't know if the Pet Shop Boys have said anything against Christians. The Pet Shop Boys are openly homosexual and they have definitely been critical of Muslims in the past because of their hatred towards homosexuals.

Morrissey's love of Israel goes way beyond that they are gay friendly. Morrissey has travelled to Israel and even played concerts there! Morrissey knows first hand that Israel is a very beautiful and spiritual country. I have been on a Christian pilgrimage to Israel myself. It is well worth going there if you get the chance. Morrissey has a real love for Jewish people and their culture. Morrissey loves Jewish people as a race but also he has a love and respect for the Jewish faith/religion. The Jewish faith (Judaism) is the foundation of Christianity. I think that Morrissey is a very brave soul to say publicly that he supports the Jewish State of Israel. I'm supportive of Israel myself.

I'm a Christian I would rather that you didn't swear against Jesus by using "Christ" as a swear word. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and He is also my best friend. Morrissey has a new fan base with born-again, bible-believing Christians. I personally know of Christians who pray for Morrissey on a regular basis. Morrissey also has support within the Jewish community.

I don't know if Morrissey has any interest in Brian Harvey as an artist or as a person. I find Brian Harvey's story interesting though. Brian Harvey seems to be another brave person within the music industry that is fighting the system. I think that Morrissey has a few things in common with Brian Harvey. Also they are both singers. This is Brian Harvey dot connecting:

The Pet Shop Boys have definitely made some nasty digs against Morrissey over the years. Maybe you should ask Morrissey himself if he would regard the Pet Shop Boys as haters of him. I don't know if Johnny Marr is still friends with the Pet Shop Boys? As far as I know I don't think that the Pet Shop Boys have converted to Islam. I don't know if the Pet Shop Boys are antisemitic but Vegan Cro Spirit thought that they might be. I don't know if the Pet Shop Boys have said anything against Christians. The Pet Shop Boys are openly homosexual and they have definitely been critical of Muslims in the past because of their hatred towards homosexuals.

Morrissey's love of Israel goes way beyond that they are gay friendly. Morrissey has travelled to Israel and even played concerts there! Morrissey knows first hand that Israel is a very beautiful and spiritual country. I have been on a Christian pilgrimage to Israel myself. It is well worth going there if you get the chance. Morrissey has a real love for Jewish people and their culture. Morrissey loves Jewish people as a race but also he has a love and respect for the Jewish faith/religion. The Jewish faith (Judaism) is the foundation of Christianity. I think that Morrissey is a very brave soul to say publicly that he supports the Jewish State of Israel. I'm supportive of Israel myself.

I'm a Christian I would rather that you didn't swear against Jesus by using "Christ" as a swear word. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and He is also my best friend. Morrissey has a new fan base with born-again, bible-believing Christians. I personally know of Christians who pray for Morrissey on a regular basis. Morrissey also has support within the Jewish community.

I don't know if Morrissey has any interest in Brian Harvey as an artist or as a person. I find Brian Harvey's story interesting though. Brian Harvey seems to be another brave person within the music industry that is fighting the system. I think that Morrissey has a few things in common with Brian Harvey. Also they are both singers. This is Brian Harvey dot connecting:

Why would the Pet Shop Boys play in Tel Aviv if they are antisemetic? -
https://www.touristisrael.com/pet-shop-boys-in-tel-aviv-israel/10261/

Does it matter if the Pet shop Boys are openly homosexual?

This whole thread is utter nonsense to say the least. To say the most, it's bullshirt.

Red-Osborne-Bull-t-shirt.jpg

listen here you DH/DWD anti Moz Trolls: its "anti SEMITIC" not 'anti semetic'o_O

'semetic' WTF!!! quit smoking drugs.:straightface:

Please read my last post carefully. The Pet Shop Boys have definitely made some nasty digs against Morrissey over the years. I didn't say that the Pet Shop Boys were antisemitic. I said that Vegan Cro Spirit thinks that they might be. Please understand I have NOT ever personally heard or read the Pet Shop Boys saying anything against Jews or Christians. However, I have heard them say things against Morrissey.

It doesn't matter to me that the Pet Shop Boys are openly homosexual. What I said was in the past the Pet Shop Boys have been very critical of Islam because of the hatred towards homosexuals. Some Muslims have even killed homosexuals.

For instance Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys said this in an interview: "What is the moderate Muslim position on homosexuality? What actually is it? I think it’s actually something reasonably horrifying. I read that some guys have recently been killed in Iraq for being gay. But actually in Britain I find the whole gay issue a bore really, I’ve always said it is a political issue. The whole idea of gays was created in the 1970s as a political reaction against oppression and as the oppression fades away, so the idea of ‘gay’ will fade away and we will lose our obsession with someone’s sexuality, which I still believe is a weird thing. I also feel it’s forcing people to be either gay or straight or whatever. "

The late Mark E. Smith of the band 'The Fall' allegedly hid his hatred of Morrissey between the lines of the songs “C.R.E.E.P.” and “Oh! Brother.” But Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys took a more direct swing at Morrissey—without mentioning him by name—in “Getting Away With It,” the debut single by his supergroup Electronic. Co-written and sung by New Order’s Bernard Sumner, the song paints a particularly Morrissey-tinted picture: “I’ve been walking in the rain / Just to get wet on purpose / I’ve been forcing myself / Not to forget, just to feel worse.” Adding insult to injury, Morrissey’s former Smiths bandmate Johnny Marr was also in Electronic! But it didn’t end there. On Pet Shop Boys’ 1994 song “Miserablism,” Neil Tennant takes another jab at Morrissey’s infamous M.O.: “Just for the sake of it / Make sure you’re always frowning / It shows the world that you’ve got substance and depth.” Morrissey's fans are quick to point out that his lyrics aren’t all doom and gloom at all—and that, in fact, Morrissey is one of the funniest wordsmiths in pop history. But Neil Tennant isn’t laughing.

Please read my last post carefully. The Pet Shop Boys have definitely made some nasty digs against Morrissey over the years. I didn't say that the Pet Shop Boys were antisemitic. I said that Vegan Cro Spirit thinks that they might be. Please understand I have NOT ever personally heard or read the Pet Shop Boys saying anything against Jews or Christians. However, I have heard them say things against Morrissey.

It doesn't matter to me that the Pet Shop Boys are openly homosexual. What I said was in the past the Pet Shop Boys have been very critical of Islam because of the hatred towards homosexuals. Some Muslims have even killed homosexuals.

For instance Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys said this in an interview: "What is the moderate Muslim position on homosexuality? What actually is it? I think it’s actually something reasonably horrifying. I read that some guys have recently been killed in Iraq for being gay. But actually in Britain I find the whole gay issue a bore really, I’ve always said it is a political issue. The whole idea of gays was created in the 1970s as a political reaction against oppression and as the oppression fades away, so the idea of ‘gay’ will fade away and we will lose our obsession with someone’s sexuality, which I still believe is a weird thing. I also feel it’s forcing people to be either gay or straight or whatever. "

The late Mark E. Smith of the band 'The Fall' allegedly hid his hatred of Morrissey between the lines of the songs “C.R.E.E.P.” and “Oh! Brother.” But Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys took a more direct swing at Morrissey—without mentioning him by name—in “Getting Away With It,” the debut single by his supergroup Electronic. Co-written and sung by New Order’s Bernard Sumner, the song paints a particularly Morrissey-tinted picture: “I’ve been walking in the rain / Just to get wet on purpose / I’ve been forcing myself / Not to forget, just to feel worse.” Adding insult to injury, Morrissey’s former Smiths bandmate Johnny Marr was also in Electronic! But it didn’t end there. On Pet Shop Boys’ 1994 song “Miserablism,” Neil Tennant takes another jab at Morrissey’s infamous M.O.: “Just for the sake of it / Make sure you’re always frowning / It shows the world that you’ve got substance and depth.” Morrissey's fans are quick to point out that his lyrics aren’t all doom and gloom at all—and that, in fact, Morrissey is one of the funniest wordsmiths in pop history. But Neil Tennant isn’t laughing.

correct. in the UK peeps like Skinny and "Surface" suck D 24/7 and they are given a prize.:thumb:

these miserable Pet Shop c***s have been formatting the sucking of D for many years.. more power to them. Salaam to them.:rock:

Neil Tennant is "openly homosexual." Chris Lowe is not interested in discussing his personal affairs.
If it doesn't matter why are you discussing it? Because someone else brought it up and you were *triggered*
Get a grip old chap. It's not as bad as all that.
Your argument that "if they are X they wouldn't do Y" is pointless, proves nothing, and is not required. If someone wants to make a claim it's up to them to provide the evidence. There is no evidence that the Pet Shop Boys are bigots or "anti" anything really except the royal family but even then they don't feel the need to make the support players wear t-shirts proclaiming this.

Just take that pill they gave you for when you're feeling agitated and try to remember a time when you were not the personal defender of Morrissey and now apparently the Pet Shop Boys as well. They will do just fine.

correct. in the UK peeps like Skinny and "Surface" suck D 24/7 and they are given a prize.:thumb:

these miserable Pet Shop c***s have been formatting the sucking of D for many years.. more power to them. Salaam to them.:rock:
Vegan Cro Spirit this is a link to an article about 15 anti-Morrissey songs. The American band 'Sparks' are there with their song “Lighten Up, Morrissey”. Also 'Electronic' and the 'Pet Shop Boys' are there. Mark E. Smith and his band 'The Fall' are mentioned very briefly.

This is the link: https://music.avclub.com/viva-hate-15-anti-morrissey-songs-1798222021

This article was written in 2015 so it doesn't have more recent stuff like that horrible hip hop band thing. I don't remember the details of them because it upset me so much. :cry: It doesn't mention 'The National' American indie band or other more recent horrible stuff.

If you think "Getting Away With It" is some kind of scathing denunciation you just don't have a sense of humor. Around the same time that song came out the Pet Shop Boys went to see a Morrissey show. They are fans of Morrissey's work. The song is banter. It's funny. Anyone who listens to Morrissey should know that. I think it's great that they got a hit single out of it that people still discuss thirty years later. It's a tribute to everyone involved including Morrissey, who doesn't shy away from making jokes at his own expense all the time.

If you think "Getting Away With It" is some kind of scathing denunciation you just don't have a sense of humor. Around the same time that song came out the Pet Shop Boys went to see a Morrissey show. They are fans of Morrissey's work. The song is banter. It's funny. Anyone who listens to Morrissey should know that. I think it's great that they got a hit single out of it that people still discuss thirty years later. It's a tribute to everyone involved including Morrissey, who doesn't shy away from making jokes at his own expense all the time.
I found an old thread on Morrissey-Solo from back in 2006.

But just as everyone at the conference began putting away their notebooks, Neil Tennant began almost innocently enough by asking: "So what does everyone think of Morrissey's new album?"

The journalists immediately responded with positive reviews.

Which led Neil Tennant to scrunch up his face and bitch: "His songs all seem to sound the same to me, regardless of which decade he releases them. But what do I know?"

The title of the thread from back in 2006 is called "Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) publicly ridicules Morrissey". See link: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/31/1644217

What do you think of the Pet Shop Boys’ song “Miserablism”?

Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys took a more direct swing at Morrissey—without mentioning him by name—in “Getting Away With It,” the debut single by his supergroup Electronic. Co-written and sung by New Order’s Bernard Sumner?, the song paints a particularly Morrissey-tinted picture: “I’ve been walking in the rain / Just to get wet on purpose / I’ve been forcing myself / Not to forget, just to feel worse.” Adding insult to injury, Morrissey’s former Smiths bandmate Johnny Marr was also in Electronic!

But it didn’t end there. On the Pet Shop Boys’ 1990/1994 song “Miserablism,” Neil Tennant takes another jab at Morrissey’s infamous M.O.: “Just for the sake of it / Make sure you’re always frowning / It shows the world that you’ve got substance and depth.” Morrissey's fans are quick to point out that his lyrics aren’t all doom and gloom at all—and that, in fact, Morrissey is one of the funniest wordsmiths in pop history! But Neil Tennant isn’t laughing. :(

Please see this link "15 anti-Morrissey songs". This is where I got the info from: https://music.avclub.com/viva-hate-15-anti-morrissey-songs-1798222021

This is taken from Wikipedia: "Getting Away with It" is the first single by the English band Electronic, which comprised Bernard Sumner of New Order, ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, and guesting vocalist Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys. It was first released in 1989.

So it was Neil Tennant who sang the lead vocals for the song "Getting Away With It" NOT Bernard Sumner?

Musically, Bernard Sumner wrote the verse and Johnny Marr wrote the chorus. The lyrics, co-written by Neil Tennant with Bernard Sumner, are a parody of Johnny Marr's former Smiths partner Morrissey, and his public stereotyping as morose and masochistic. (The Pet Shop Boys would further satirise this trend on their 1990 song "Miserablism").

See the Wikipedia page about the song "Getting Away With It":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Away_with_It

It seems that song “Miserablism” first came out in 1990 NOT in 1994! It seems to of been taken from a Pet Shop Boys album called "Behaviour" which came out in 1990. See link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_(Pet_Shop_Boys_album)

I found an old thread on Morrissey-Solo from back in 2006.

But just as everyone at the conference began putting away their notebooks, Neil Tennant began almost innocently enough by asking: "So what does everyone think of Morrissey's new album?"

The journalists immediately responded with positive reviews.

Which led Neil Tennant to scrunch up his face and bitch: "His songs all seem to sound the same to me, regardless of which decade he releases them. But what do I know?"

The title of the thread from back in 2006 is called "Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) publicly ridicules Morrissey". See link: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/31/1644217

What do you think of the Pet Shop Boys’ song “Miserablism”?

Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys took a more direct swing at Morrissey—without mentioning him by name—in “Getting Away With It,” the debut single by his supergroup Electronic. Co-written and sung by New Order’s Bernard Sumner?, the song paints a particularly Morrissey-tinted picture: “I’ve been walking in the rain / Just to get wet on purpose / I’ve been forcing myself / Not to forget, just to feel worse.” Adding insult to injury, Morrissey’s former Smiths bandmate Johnny Marr was also in Electronic!

But it didn’t end there. On the Pet Shop Boys’ 1990/1994 song “Miserablism,” Neil Tennant takes another jab at Morrissey’s infamous M.O.: “Just for the sake of it / Make sure you’re always frowning / It shows the world that you’ve got substance and depth.” Morrissey's fans are quick to point out that his lyrics aren’t all doom and gloom at all—and that, in fact, Morrissey is one of the funniest wordsmiths in pop history! But Neil Tennant isn’t laughing. :(

Please see this link "15 anti-Morrissey songs". This is where I got the info from: https://music.avclub.com/viva-hate-15-anti-morrissey-songs-1798222021

This is taken from Wikipedia: "Getting Away with It" is the first single by the English band Electronic, which comprised Bernard Sumner of New Order, ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, and guesting vocalist Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys. It was first released in 1989.

So it was Neil Tennant who sang the lead vocals for the song "Getting Away With It" NOT Bernard Sumner?

Musically, Bernard Sumner wrote the verse and Johnny Marr wrote the chorus. The lyrics, co-written by Neil Tennant with Bernard Sumner, are a parody of Johnny Marr's former Smiths partner Morrissey, and his public stereotyping as morose and masochistic. (The Pet Shop Boys would further satirise this trend on their 1990 song "Miserablism").

See the Wikipedia page about the song "Getting Away With It":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Away_with_It

It seems that song “Miserablism” first came out in 1990 NOT in 1994! It seems to of been taken from a Pet Shop Boys album called "Behaviour" which came out in 1990. See link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_(Pet_Shop_Boys_album)
No idea what your point is with all this bollocks but you are wrong regarding who sung getting away with it. It was Bernard Sumner

o_O

that list reads like lunchtime at the insane asylum. possibly if not exactly they are all insane, with names like
Mr Floppy:crazy: and ..wtf Turbonegro:crazy:.
the Meatmen made songs by hitting the guitar, they dont qualify as a proper band making proper music.:lbf:
to say they suck is to compliment them.

then they are the certifiable twats, like the 'theres a giraffe in my pool' twatters Spark. I mean fook, master twats those two twats.

and the pet shop c***s.:eek:

and then of course the dramatically jealous one.......:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
and his co twat Bernard in what many knowers of music consider the wankiest of all bands in history:
Electronic:lbf:

No idea what your point is with all this bollocks but you are wrong regarding who sung getting away with it. It was Bernard Sumner
I'm interested to know why it says on the Wikipedia entry for the song "Getting Away With It" it says that guesting vocalist Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys was singing on the track? If you notice I put a question mark on my last post. I'm aware that Bernard Sumner was normally the lead singer in the band 'Electronic'.

This is the link to the Wikipedia page you want more info about the song "Getting Away With It": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Away_with_It

Please read the Wikipedia entry for the song "Getting Away With It" as it will make more sense as to what I'm talking about. I'm aware that Wikipedia can get information wrong though.

According to Wikipedia it seems that the 'Pet Shop Boys' song “Miserablism” first came out in 1990 NOT in 1994?

I had links to back up everything that I wrote before.

For more info. These are the other 3 links:

1. The thread from back in 2006 on Morrissey-Solo is called "Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) publicly ridicules Morrissey". See link: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/31/1644217

2. A link to the 2015 article "15 anti-Morrissey songs": https://music.avclub.com/viva-hate-15-anti-morrissey-songs-1798222021

3. About the Pet Shop Boys album "Behaviour": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_(Pet_Shop_Boys_album)

You don't need to swear to get your point across. I appreciate that you are a big fan of Neil Tennant and of the 'Pet Shop Boys'. You also seem to be quite a big fan of the band 'Electronic'.

I'm interested to know why it says on the Wikipedia entry for the song "Getting Away With It" it says that guesting vocalist Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys was singing on the track? If you notice I put a question mark on my last post. I'm aware that Bernard Sumner was normally the lead singer in the band 'Electronic'.

This is the link to the Wikipedia page you want more info about the song "Getting Away With It": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Away_with_It

Please read the Wikipedia entry for the song "Getting Away With It" as it will make more sense as to what I'm talking about. I'm aware that Wikipedia can get information wrong though.

According to Wikipedia it seems that the 'Pet Shop Boys' song “Miserablism” first came out in 1990 NOT in 1994?

I had links to back up everything that I wrote before.

For more info. These are the other 3 links:

1. The thread from back in 2006 on Morrissey-Solo is called "Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys) publicly ridicules Morrissey". See link: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/31/1644217

2. A link to the 2015 article "15 anti-Morrissey songs": https://music.avclub.com/viva-hate-15-anti-morrissey-songs-1798222021

3. About the Pet Shop Boys album "Behaviour": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_(Pet_Shop_Boys_album)

You don't need to swear to get your point across. I appreciate that you are a big fan of Neil Tennant and of the 'Pet Shop Boys'. You also seem to be quite a big fan of the band 'Electronic'.

Neil Tennant sang backing vocals on the track. As for being a fan, Im not a big fan of Neil or The Pet Shop Boys I simply like some of their music, however I am a big fan of Electronic. As for your nonsense about anti Morrissey songs etc, I couldn't give a flying f***, and just like you have, others people are allowed their opinions as well.

Neil Tennant sang backing vocals on the track. As for being a fan, Im not a big fan of Neil or The Pet Shop Boys I simply like some of their music, however I am a big fan of Electronic. As for your nonsense about anti Morrissey songs etc, I couldn't give a flying f***, and just like you have, others people are allowed their opinions as well.

I have worked it out now thank you. Bernard Sumner sang the lead vocals on the track "Getting Away With It". Neil Tennant was the guesting vocalist who sang in the back ground:

A video of "Getting Away With It" by Electronic with guest vocalist Neil Tennant singing in the background. Bernard Sumner is on lead vocals as usual:

As I said before you don't need to swear to get your point across. I personally do care if other artists ridicule and make fun of Morrissey. They might say they are doing it as a "joke" but I don't find it funny. :(

From the way you talk you sound like you are more of a fan of 'Electronic' and of Johnny Marr than you are of Morrissey. You seem to have resentment towards Morrissey for some reason.

For Neil Tennant to say that all of Morrissey's songs all seem to sound the same to him, regardless of which decade he releases them would suggest that Neil Tennant isn't much of a Morrissey fan. He might of gone to a Morrissey concert in the past but that doesn't mean that he is a Morrissey fan.

Neil Tennant and Morrissey are very different people. Musically and politically they are coming from different places. Also the 'Pet Shop Boys' seem to be friends with Johnny Marr? At least they were in the past. They even made music together!

This is the song by the Pet Shop Boys called "Miserablism". Again, they are making fun of Morrissey:

I have worked it out now thank you. Bernard Sumner sang the lead vocals on the track "Getting Away With It". Neil Tennant was the guesting vocalist who sang in the back ground:

A video of "Getting Away With It" by Electronic with guest vocalist Neil Tennant singing in the background. Bernard Sumner is on lead vocals as usual:

As I said before you don't need to swear to get your point across. I personally do care if other artists ridicule and make fun of Morrissey. They might say they are doing it as a "joke" but I don't find it funny. :(

From the way you talk you sound like you are more of a fan of 'Electronic' and of Johnny Marr than you are of Morrissey. You seem to have resentment towards Morrissey for some reason.

For Neil Tennant to say that all of Morrissey's songs all seem to sound the same to him, regardless of which decade he releases them would suggest that Neil Tennant isn't much of a Morrissey fan. He might of gone to a Morrissey concert in the past but that doesn't mean that he is a Morrissey fan.

Neil Tennant and Morrissey are very different people. Musically and politically they are coming from different places. Also the 'Pet Shop Boys' seem to be friends with Johnny Marr? At least they were in the past. They even made music together!

This is the song by the Pet Shop Boys called "Miserablism". Again, they are making fun of Morrissey:

I like Morrissey's music and lots of other bands music, however I don't like what Morrissey talks about from time to time.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom