Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

I never said that steps to minimise the spread shouldn't be taken. This kind of hyperbole and deliberate misrepresentation of peoples' arguments is all you've got.
It’s the same tactic on every issue, at all times. If one was kind he might be called a polemicist. But other shorter words often spring to mind.

The UK’s Chancellor of the Exchequer has promised honesty for his budget. This will amount to “if you think we’re [people wealthy like me] going to pay for this shit, you’ve got to be joking”.

In 10 years, people will talk wistfully about the Coronavirus years, as a time of relative freedom and affluence.

No one's been dying around me. I'm not seeing bodies piled up in the streets. The hospitals are fuller. But they're coping. The hospitals will be fuller because ill and dying people tend to go to hospital and people have covid. I've not seen one emotive news report where a thin, healthy person is dying from this. Its always obese unhealthy people. You would have thought that considering how selective the media have been they could have at least found one person dying of this who isn't fat and unhealthy. Not one. Because it's not happening to healthy people.
What's your point?

No one's been dying around me. I'm not seeing bodies piled up in the streets. The hospitals are fuller. But they're coping. The hospitals will be fuller because ill and dying people tend to go to hospital and people have covid. I've not seen one emotive news report where a thin, healthy person is dying from this. Its always obese unhealthy people. You would have thought that considering how selective the media have been they could have at least found one person dying of this who isn't fat and unhealthy. Not one. Because it's not happening to healthy people.
I seriously fear that this is as good as it’s going to get for millions. Some, represented, on these pages will secure their identities by following ‘advice’ and assimilating with the hegemony (let’s face it, there are plenty grateful to be locked in their own houses).

For those made of different stuff, further persecution is on the horizon.

In the UK the Chairman of Tesco (and CBI head honcho) John Allan has just been appointed as a government advisor. What he’ll advise is lower wages, more short-term contracts, more subsidies for big business, increases to VAT, slashes to worker’s rights, a faster roll-out of Universal Credit, cuts to corporation and higher-rate tax, and tax increases at the basic rate level. The same thing he’s been ‘advising’ for decades basically: this guy’s got form, and everyone should be taking notice of the position he’s just been gifted.

Executives from Astra Zeneca have also been gifted ‘advisory’ roles—which should come as a surprise to absolutely no one given that the commodity they’re flogging is about to become mandatory.

Who needs conspiracy theories when this is happening in plain view?

My point is that the hospitals are a bit fuller because of covid but you'd expect that because sick and ill people end up in hospital. My point is that no one I know has succumbed. My point is that every emotive report I've seen on the news about people dying from Covid involves people who are obese and unhealthy. My point is that considering how selective the media have been during this 'pandemic' I've not seen one healthy person who isn't fat or unhealthy'on their 'special reports dying from it..... because they're not. Healthy people aren't dying from it. Those that are dying are being accommodated in hospital.
I didn't think you had a point and you've kindly confirmed my suspicion.

You'll see my point ten years down the line when you're still without your basic freedoms.
I’m not sure he will, this one is a follower: where the herd goes so he must follow. It makes him feel safe—and that means much more to him than ideas of ‘freedom’ (which are risky). Go easy on him Dale.

You'll see my point ten years down the line when you're still without your basic freedoms.
Oh, so you've come up with a point? Well done although I suspect you nicked it from someone else. Perhaps I should screenshot your comment and repost it in a few months when the lockdown starts being lifted?
But this is really just another one of your woe-is-me-why-can't-I-go-down-the-pub whinges, isn't it?

Hark! The voice of the hegemony speaks via Solo’s number one middle-man.

Will someone please give this twat his PhD and have him feel the sense of civic importance he so desperately desires?

Yes we all want this to end
and go back ‘to the way things were’
but the way things were, those good old days, were not really so great and sunny, not really. It’s obvious things aren’t good now, but wouldn’t it be amazing to go back to something that was radically different? something that really nourishes and benefits the creative human spirit? Instead for many( & for a lot already) it will be just going back to slave wage jobs and laws that contradict a persons freedom and insults their intelligence.
Money as it must be earned, compounded with laws that for some reason need to be unnaturally enforced is not the way to happiness and peace for everyone in this world.

Yes, I know it’s more complicated than all this and I don’t have the answers.

But, I can dream, and dream I will.

Will you dream with me?

Yes we all want this to end
and go back ‘to the way things were’
but the way things were, those good old days, were not really so great and sunny, not really. It’s obvious things aren’t good now, but wouldn’t it be amazing to go back to something that was radically different? something that really nourishes and benefits the creative human spirit? Instead for many( & for a lot already) it will be just going back to slave wage jobs and laws that contradict a persons freedom and insults their intelligence.
Money as it must be earned, compounded with laws that for some reason need to be unnaturally enforced is not the way to happiness and peace for everyone in this world.

Yes, I know it’s more complicated than all this and I don’t have the answers.

But, I can dream, and dream I will.

Will you dream with me?
I feel an opportunity to share this favourite...

I'm back home because we were moved on by the police for being sat down. I was looking at Colin's photos of his time in the navy. Dave talks the talk but I could see it had shaken him. I'm used to the occasional encounter with police, but it really brought home to David and Colin just how serious this police state has become. In a way, its proved my point. As we left the park, David said 'you'd best be back on Tuesday' I will be because I'm doing nothing wrong.
It’s happening.

I had a 20 something policeman telling me and my friends to vacate a park bench because we weren't 'moving around' And then Radis asks 'what's your point?? If he can't see the point then I'm not going to bother trying to explain.
The head of Radis goes right to the top of his helmet. In every sense.

I had a 20 something policeman telling me and my friends to vacate a park bench because we weren't 'moving around' And then Radis asks 'what's your point?? If he can't see the point then I'm not going to bother trying to explain.
First of all, if I had seen your point then you would not have needed to explain it. Secondly, you relate an incident involving being moved on and write 'and then Radis asks 'what's your point?'' You've got your chronology seriously confused there - I asked what your point was long before you related the incident of the police moving you on.

A lot of this covid nonsense also has something to do with class. I grew up going playing out and getting dirty. We weren't overly concerned with personal hygiene. I feel like it's the schoolyard mentality at the moment. When you used to pretend someone had the 'lurgey' and you had to avoid them at all costs. The hospitals are coping, no one is dying around me. Everything is OK. And, like I say, hospitals do tend to have sick and dying people in them. I have every right to speak my mind about this 'pandemic' if I'd had to forfeit my freedom for just one day, I'd be justified in having an opinion. I've forfeited my freedom for a year now and I have every right to question why I've been locked up.
That’s very perceptive: the virus has indeed become an alibi for class based politics and discrimination. The police presence around my way varies from area to area: the bourgeoisie being less policed than the poor.

Back
Top Bottom