Johnny Marr Q&A on Twitter today (Sep. 16, 2013, 9pm GMT)

I hope he delivers a virtual bitch-slap to the first person to ask "Ere, Johnny - why don't you reform the Smiths then?"

Wow, I thought I asked some relevant questions, but not a peep from JM. Oh well

I hope he delivers a virtual bitch-slap to the first person to ask "Ere, Johnny - why don't you reform the Smiths then?"

Hey Johnny why don't you re-form The Smiths with that lead singer out of The Smiths Indeed he's far better than Morrissey at being Morrissey but without all the baggage and bollocks that that comes with modern Morrissey, at least you know he'd turn up and do a shift unlike you know who.

A Coates

Hey Johnny why don't you re-form The Smiths with that lead singer out of The Smiths Indeed he's far better than Morrissey at being Morrissey but without all the baggage and bollocks that that comes with modern Morrissey, at least you know he'd turn up and do a shift unlike you know who.

A Coates

there never will be in the future a The Smiths gig

remember royalties, Morrissey would rather sing 5 times a day at the piano bar at a Vegas hotel
Engelbert Humperdink songs than reform The Smiths or agree that other would using the name,
because Mike Joyce would benefit whether he's in or has nothing do wit it.

Marr seems to have the same vieuw.

'and they say he's mentall' ...liar/lawyer...

Last edited:

remember royalties, Morrissey would rather sing 5 times a day at the piano bar at a Vegas hotel
Engelbert Humperdink songs than reform The Smiths or agree that other would using the name,

Actually, he wouldn't. Mike Joyce never wrote any of the songs, so if The Smiths reformed without him and played a gig he wouldn't be entitled to a penny. It's the same way that when Morrissey performs Smiths songs live (which he does at every gig), Johnny Marr is paid performance royalties as the co-writer, but not Andy and Mike. Morrissey would never perform ANY Smiths songs live (let alone release them on official DVD/live albums etc) if he had to pay Joyce to do so.

Marr seems to have the same vieuw.

'and they say he's mentall' ...liar/lawyer...

Bollocks !!! Who is Morrissey ?????

Well I never knew that Marr disliked Queen. I don't know many people who do.

Well I never knew that Marr disliked Queen. I don't know many people who do.

Anyone with half-decent musical taste. They were absolutely bloody awful.
Mercury was a charmless creep and May was the biggest tit in the history of recorded music.

Mercury was a charmless creep and May was the biggest tit in the history of recorded music.

That's your opinion. Many millions would disagree.

Did Scarlett Ibis ask him if he ever feels stigmatized for being a plus-sized woman?

Actually, he wouldn't. Mike Joyce never wrote any of the songs, so if The Smiths reformed without him and played a gig he wouldn't be entitled to a penny. It's the same way that when Morrissey performs Smiths songs live (which he does at every gig), Johnny Marr is paid performance royalties as the co-writer, but not Andy and Mike. Morrissey would never perform ANY Smiths songs live (let alone release them on official DVD/live albums etc) if he had to pay Joyce to do so.

1) You're not responding to what Celibate actually wrote; 2) Do you actually know what the Judge decreed that MJ was entitled to...?

Oh dear, what a terrible burden for you to carry. To know what is good and what is not.
Us mere mortals simply have mere opinions.

That's your opinion. Many millions would disagree.

Sadly, you're absolutely right. The same millions who think Robbie Williams is a musical genius and a really great bloke.
Go figure.

Sadly, you're absolutely right. The same millions who think Robbie Williams is a musical genius and a really great bloke.
Go figure.
Everyone is capable of being deluded. Many here think Moz is a musical genius and a really great bloke. What makes them right and Robbie's fans wrong.
Or rather, what does it matter.

Not a "reformation" question technically, but I did send in a question as to whether HE would play (e.g. solo or with ANY one) when the Smiths are inducted to the RnR Hall of Fame. No response.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom