"José" - Morrissey Central (21st December)

Great job! So glad Jose is gone. Solskjaer is going to do much better!

Utd will stay exactly where they are, in and around 6th. You could probably manage them to 6th with the players they have! All Ole is bringing is a feel-good factor, might have an immediate impact against Cardiff, but that’ll wear off when we’re getting smashed by the bigger teams, his lack of tactical knowledge will soon become apparent.

I reckon the players will play for Solskjaer more, they'll have less pressure in this situation actually, he'll do well enough to get a permanent gig but then when the newness wears off and the expectations rise he'll be gone within a few months.

That video is hilarious though. Love him or loathe him, I think we will all miss him.

Solskjaer taking over is quite ironic, given the amount of time Liverpool fans spent chanting “Olé” at Anfield last Sunday. The United board must have taken it as a request.

Last edited:
Utd will stay exactly where they are, in and around 6th. You could probably manage them to 6th with the players they have! All Ole is bringing is a feel-good factor, might have an immediate impact against Cardiff, but that’ll wear off when we’re getting smashed by the bigger teams, his lack of tactical knowledge will soon become apparent.
After being bombarded with tactics from King Louis and The Not So Special One I think the players will be relieved to have a coach with less tactical knowledge. There's enough quality in the squad to finish top-4 and I hope it will come out now with OGS. It's a shame they didn't ask Eric Cantona though :straightface:

Perhaps Mike Phelan is the more astute appointment

After being bombarded with tactics from King Louis and The Not So Special One I think the players will be relieved to have a coach with less tactical knowledge. There's enough quality in the squad to finish top-4 and I hope it will come out now with OGS. It's a shame they didn't ask Eric Cantona though :straightface:

Agreed. 9/10 the team with the best players wins, providing they match the intensity of their opposition. It’s a free hit for Ole tbf, should just pick his strongest eleven and tell them to attack, simple as that. Fergie wasn’t known for his tactical awareness, he just had the best players in the league and could man manage & motivate, having a scary persona accounted for most of that player motivation, being shit scared of letting the boss down goes a long way! I remember Roy Keane saying the best bit of advice Brian Clough gave him, was, “pass to a player wearing the same shirt!”.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Man Utd beat Cardiff 5-0, but they’ll still come up short against the big boys, They no longer have the advantage of having the strongest squad in the league like they did for most Fergie’s reign, they’ve been surpassed by City, Liverpool, Chelsea, and even Spurs.

The power of Morrissey and Marrs music to touch so many, even football players. Go figure.

It's also Manchester United who Morrissey wrote Munich Air disaster about.

Ah yes. Though I gather his interest in football
is that it represents for him Britishness, or one facet of it. As he has gone on record saying that he doesn’t care for the sport, that he would be more interested in it if they were kicking a politician around instead of a round object. :lbf:

I'm glad Mourinho has gone in the end but he did better than Van Gaal and Moyes before him.

Mourinho's 3rd season was very poor as is the norm for him but his falling out with Pogba and his subsequent departure is an example of the power that players have now. Years ago at Chelsea, he would have easily got rid of a player like Pogba, who, let's face it, is a fraction of the player he is in his own head!

Ah yes. Though I gather his interest in football
is that it represents for him Britishness, or one facet of it. As he has gone on record saying that he doesn’t care for the sport, that he would be more interested in it if they were kicking a politician around instead of a round object. :lbf:

f*** off

I'm glad Mourinho has gone in the end but he did better than Van Gaal and Moyes before him.

Mourinho's 3rd season was very poor as is the norm for him but his falling out with Pogba and his subsequent departure is an example of the power that players have now. Years ago at Chelsea, he would have easily got rid of a player like Pogba, who, let's face it, is a fraction of the player he is in his own head!

Pogba is a f***in discgrace, infact most the Utd squad sold Jose down the river. I hate today’s generation of footballers, the Instagram & snapchat brigade, absolute ninnys can’t take a rollocking off their manager without getting precious.
And although Jose was toxic & glum, and that transmitted onto the pitch, he’s still a blue chip manager and commanded more respect than he got. I hope to see him rejuvenate & do well again, he should go to Bayern and conquer the German league, get another notch on his belt.

Pogba is a f***in discgrace, infact most the Utd squad sold Jose down the river. I hate today’s generation of footballers, the Instagram & snapchat brigade, absolute ninnys can’t take a rollocking off their manager without getting precious.
And although Jose was toxic & glum, and that transmitted onto the pitch, he’s still a blue chip manager and commanded more respect than he got. I hope to see him rejuvenate & do well again, he should go to Bayern and conquer the German league, get another notch on his belt.

I like Jose, trouble is modern fans are as precious about managers as the players are so the cycle of justifying the player power continues. If I was a footballer, so taking into account that I wasn't shit at football and ancient, I'd be bang into a manager that had proven they knew how to win things. All that matters to half of 'em is the £££'s.

I like Jose, trouble is modern fans are as precious about managers as the players are so the cycle of justifying the player power continues. If I was a footballer, so taking into account that I wasn't shit at football and ancient, I'd be bang into a manager that had proven they knew how to win things. All that matters to half of 'em is the £££'s.

That’s the baffling thing, he’s proven and his methods work, as long as the players buy into it, which they clearly didn’t. It is arguable wether his pragmatic style fit the United mould, but he’s the serial winner amongst the group, most of those players have never even won a league title, besides Matic, who did so under Mourinho (at Chelsea)!
But I’m a fan too, I really hope he goes to Germany, will be an easy bundesliga title added to his illustrious CV, then maybe PSG one day, Jose could rack up titles in no time in some of Europe’s other elite leagues. His legacy is set in stone anyway, what he done with Porto & Inter was remarkable, and Chelsea for that matter.

That’s the baffling thing, he’s proven and his methods work, as long as the players buy into it, which they clearly didn’t. It is arguable wether his pragmatic style fit the United mould, but he’s the serial winner amongst the group, most of those players have never even won a league title, besides Matic, who did so under Mourinho (at Chelsea)!
But I’m a fan too, I really hope he goes to Germany, will be an easy bundesliga title added to his illustrious CV, then maybe PSG one day, Jose could rack up titles in no time in some of Europe’s other elite leagues. His legacy is set in stone anyway, what he done with Porto & Inter was remarkable, and Chelsea for that matter.

There seems to be a big entitlement in modern football but the Premier League has five or six teams every year who are capable of winning it. The trouble is now that everyone thinks it should be them and nothing else will do. My team have been doing better than they have in years but half of our fans still spent most of their time until a month ago wanting the manager out. I'm pretty sure football fans as a collective aren't the smartest.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom