Kevin Cummins on working with Morrissey

Not surprised by Cummins' reply as he's always seemed to remember working with Morrissey fondly, but of course somebody had to ask...
20200708_103648.jpg

It's nice he did that - this is the most hated Moz has ever been (hopefully ever will be) & he would get more clout if he gave him a kicking.
If I recall correctly, he criticised Morrissey's political statements and got a lot of criticism and was called a hypocrite for still selling his pictures 😂
Can anyone with better memory confirm that?

But that episode aside: You don't work with someone for years and years and go on tour with them for weeks if they're hell to work with.

If I recall correctly, he criticised Morrissey's political statements and got a lot of criticism and was called a hypocrite for still selling his pictures 😂

But that episode aside: You don't work with someone for years and years and go on tour with them for weeks if they're hell to work with.

I know he has tantrums & obsessions - but I think Moz must be quite nice. He isn't on any industry shit lists & there's nothing that would have stopped people sharing anecdotes about his evil ways when he was trending on Twitter.

í recall that he did make clear that he disagreed with some of Morrissey's support for various individuals & parties, but unlike many others, especially in the Pro Pop Manc fraternity, í have never seen him pile on and participate in the kicking du jour that they seem to so gleefully relish.

í wasn't aware of the criticism of the selling of pics, but it doesn't surprise me, and is patent bollocks.

Like many of us, í think that he may be confused and confounded by some of the recent statements, but the emotional ties that bind are hard to loose, and í think that those ties must pinch harder when you have the personal connection to M. that Mr Cummins had.

He was there front row centre of the Palladium royal circle in 2018 and seemed to enjoy that Last Great Night. í scraped up enough gumption to speak with him and thank him for his lovely work and shake him by the hand {remember handshakes..?}

í recall that he did make clear that he disagreed with some of Morrissey's support for various individuals & parties, but unlike many others, especially in the Pro Pop Manc fraternity, í have never seen him pile on and participate in the kicking du jour that they seem to so gleefully relish.

í wasn't aware of the criticism of the selling of pics, but it doesn't surprise me, and is patent bollocks.

Like many of us, í think that he may be confused and confounded by some of the recent statements, but the emotional ties that bind are hard to loose, and í think that those ties must pinch harder when you have the personal connection to M. that Mr Cummins had.

He was there front row centre of the Palladium royal circle in 2018 and seemed to enjoy that Last Great Night. í scraped up enough gumption to speak with him and thank him for his lovely work and shake him by the hand {remember handshakes..?}

I bumped into him in a pub round the corner from the Palladium after the gig, very friendly and chatting with the fans over a post gig beer.

Find some new coattails KC sunshine? I’m a collector of photographs and I assure you, I and many collectors I know would never have heard of you as a photographer if not for Morrissey. You owe him IMO. Show some gratitude I say.

Find some new coattails KC sunshine? I’m a collector of photographs and I assure you, I and many collectors I know would never have heard of you as a photographer if not for Morrissey. You owe him IMO. Show some gratitude I say.

You know he also shot those iconic photographs of Joy Division right? He's always spoken very well of Moz - said he came prepared with ideas.

He's been standoffish since:

Regards,
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.

Oh, right! I remember that now. I think that's the one that caused some people to criticise KC for still selling prints of Morrissey pictures.

(To be clear, I don't agree with those criticising him. All he said was that he doesn't always agree with people he works with and that the video that was posted upset him, which is just fair enough imho.)

He was well known before any work he did with Morrissey.

He blocked me from Twitter and i think i argued with him on here when he popped up promoting his last Moz photo book....which is quite nice (so is his Manchester one).

Regards,
FWD.

That's fair enough, and an understandable reaction. However KC didn't then resort to personal attacks or bitchy digs or easy slags, as so many former associates and admirers seemed to do with facile glee.

That's about it. I was probably one of them.

I know he has tantrums & obsessions - but I think Moz must be quite nice.

People forget that they are artists. some persons don't choose to become an artist as a luxury. for the greatest artists, it is a question of life or death. Their art is their way to soothe all the traumas they have experienced in their childhood. Their anger is also a motor and the point is to overcome it in creating something, they have no choice otherwise they'd sink

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom