lets all be happy and postive

crotty32

i am going to the 5 scottish dates and i am so excited ,i love the whole buying tickets,queueing outside the venue talking to the other people,waiting for the gig to kick off,hearing the intro of a song and working out what it is and singing my heart out,i know that a lot of people use this site to berate morrissey,the set list,his band,the venue etc etc but why not tone down the bitterness and spiteful remarks and make the most of this tour because i feel lucky to be able to see these shows,it seems so long since i've seen him and one day he'll pack it in and what do i do then?

here here

i am going to the 5 scottish dates and i am so excited ,i love the whole buying tickets,queueing outside the venue talking to the other people,waiting for the gig to kick off,hearing the intro of a song and working out what it is and singing my heart out,i know that a lot of people use this site to berate morrissey,the set list,his band,the venue etc etc but why not tone down the bitterness and spiteful remarks and make the most of this tour because i feel lucky to be able to see these shows,it seems so long since i've seen him and one day he'll pack it in and what do i do then?

There's a thread title that people wouldn't expect on a Morrissey fan site ;)

But yer right. While the drugs still work, let's get excited :D

:clap:

This tour's going to be a little difficult for me but I'll stop moaning now about the shows I can't do and focus on the ones I can and how lucky I am to see him, period. Bravo good sir (madam?) for the much needed reminder.

Last edited:
I've got tickets for the first two dates. Really excited about these shows. Not only is it more exciting seeing the very start of a tour, where you have no idea what he's going to play (I'm a helpless setlist-fiend), but also I think it could be a really interesting selection of songs, considering he really has nothing to promote (other than a "Best Of"-release, and that could only make the setlist better).

Not only is it more exciting seeing the very start of a tour, where you have no idea what he's going to play (I'm a helpless setlist-fiend)

This is exactly why I'm dying to go to Perth, even though I told myself I could only afford one and a friend wants to accompany me if I go to York (or Bradford) so that gig should take precedence. I'm also a helpless setlist-fiend!

Completely agreed with the original poster as well!

I've got tickets for the first two dates. Really excited about these shows. Not only is it more exciting seeing the very start of a tour, where you have no idea what he's going to play (I'm a helpless setlist-fiend), but also I think it could be a really interesting selection of songs, considering he really has nothing to promote (other than a "Best Of"-release, and that could only make the setlist better).
we all need to meet up for these shows being fellow hxc kids. haha.

Last edited:
Brilliant, hopefully make up for the Liverpool gig. Dunfermline, Hawick and Bradford for me with Glastonbury in between. One hell of a busy 7 days !! Looking forward to meeting a few old faces and some new ones up in Scotland. Great looking venues.

I like you.

we all need to meet up for these shows being fellow hxc kids. haha.

Oh nice! I don't know you by any chance do I?
I incidentally just saw Youth Of Today tonight...they were surprisingly good actually.

There's a thread title that people wouldn't expect on a Morrissey fan site ;)

But yer right. While the drugs still work, let's get excited :D

Heh! :D

I'm reserving judgement on the happy/positive business until I know I've beaten the tout scum to the tickets I want. Only then will I come skipping thru' the daisies.

This is exactly why I'm dying to go to Perth, even though I told myself I could only afford one and a friend wants to accompany me if I go to York (or Bradford) so that gig should take precedence. I'm also a helpless setlist-fiend!

Completely agreed with the original poster as well!

Have to agree with you as I too am a setlist fiend and two of the better recent Morrissey gigs I've been to were in Cork and Lille where we didn't really know what the setlist was going to be. Additionally he was touring to promote that Greatest Hits album and promptly didn't play too many of his so-called greatest hits!

In Lille we were also introduced to arguably Morrissey's greatest song from the post-Quarry years, Something Is Squeezing My Skull, which had me in complete and utter stitches. Still one of the best Morrissey moments I've had, so hopefully an equally good new song or two will be premiered this time around

Oh nice! I don't know you by any chance do I?
I incidentally just saw Youth Of Today tonight...they were surprisingly good actually.
we've talked before on here maybe one day we had met.

they are playing a few shows over here too but i saw them before so im not sweatin it. theres going to be a shelter reunion which im more stoked about haha.

I wanna come!!
I think I'd be in your club if you were in the US.

Im in the US :)

Right, well it's not like I know all HC kids anyway. Just thought maybe you were in a band or something. Anyway, see you there I guess!

Right, well it's not like I know all HC kids anyway. Just thought maybe you were in a band or something. Anyway, see you there I guess!
haha you dont!? ;)
not in any bands but have toured euro uk etc with bands. anyways, just look for the person head walking up for the stage invasion! haha.

Back
Top Bottom