Let's Teach half a person The Green Cross Code

virtually dead

Simply Thrilled, Honey
TV1728.jpg

Think First

Find the safest place to cross, then stop
If possible, cross the road at: subways, footbridges, islands, Zebra, Pelican and traffic light crossings or where there is a police officer, school crossing patrol or traffic warden.
If you can't find any good crossing places like these, choose a place where you can see clearly along the roads in all directions, and where drivers can see you.
Never cross on sharp bends or just before the top of a hill.
2. Stop

Stand on the pavement near the kerb.
Give yourself lots of time to have a good look all around.
Stand a little way back from the kerb - where you can still be away from the traffic, but where you can still see if anything is coming.
3. Use your eyes and ears

Look all around for traffic and listen.
Look in every direction.
Listen carefully because you can sometimes hear traffic before you can see it.
4. Wait until it's safe to cross

If traffic is coming, let it pass.
Do not cross unless there is a safe gap and you are sure there is plenty of time.
If you are not sure, don't cross.
5. Look and Listen

When it is safe, walk straight across the road.
Always walk across, never run.
6. Arrive Alive

Keep looking and listening for traffic while you cross.

That's for sending me that scariest text of my life, you git :p xxx

What the heck is the thing in the back with the green shorts and blue/white shirt??? :confused:

i am more disturbed by the old lady owl looking on as if imagining her dinner.
owls eat little critters.

Well I'm glad everybody's so concerned about me :rolleyes: is nobody wondering WHY virtie wants to teach me the green cross code???

I got hit by a car yesterday afternoon

Well I'm glad everybody's so concerned about me :rolleyes: is nobody wondering WHY virtie wants to teach me the green cross code???

I got hit by a car yesterday afternoon

:eek:You got hit by a car?! Are you alright?

Edit: Wait a minute... they're not the right emoticons! ('Tis changed)

Last edited:
I'm fine, my knee's all swollen and they reckon I've bruised some of the bone in my leg, so I can't walk yet, but they said by the weekend that should improve. And other than that I've just got bumps on the head, but nothing internal, and grazes and bruises everywhere. I wasn't so much hit by the car as ran into it :p it was my fault, not the drivers, I just didn't see him coming at all. I ought to be back in school some time next week, so I'm fine, really :)

I'm fine, my knee's all swollen and they reckon I've bruised some of the bone in my leg, so I can't walk yet, but they said by the weekend that should improve. And other than that I've just got bumps on the head, but nothing internal, and grazes and bruises everywhere. I wasn't so much hit by the car as ran into it :p it was my fault, not the drivers, I just didn't see him coming at all. I ought to be back in school some time next week, so I'm fine, really :)

Oh dear, at least your legs didn't break.

Be careful when you cross the road, get well soon xx

You'll be dancing the foxtrot again in no time!! WOOOO! Good ol' Heather, takes all that that motherf***er life can throw at her!

Tags
in joke kids these days
Back
Top Bottom