Merck no longer managing Morrissey

Uhmmm... as a fan, this affects me how, exactly? It's safe to say that the album is finished, there will be promotion/tour/merchandise... but Merck's presence came and went by me to be honest.

Merck is the one that told us the single would be out... :eek:

Yes........and if that's the sum of his worth... not worth getting our knickers in a twist, is it?

Uhmmm... as a fan, this affects me how, exactly? It's safe to say that the album is finished, there will be promotion/tour/merchandise... but Merck's presence came and went by me to be honest.

Jesus Christ, a voice of reason, finally! thank you!

seriously, who the f*** cares.

Yes........and if that's the sum of his worth... not worth getting our knickers in a twist, is it?

Well he's certainly worth more than that. But my point is that between the time he said the single would be out for one week only and the time it was or will be released, he's gone. (implying that we should panic again about the single)

I liked that he read this board, posted information here, kept in touch, and is so wealthy that he doesn't need the job, and must have some affection for Morrissey. Probably he just doesn't have time to do it, and they found a suitable replacement.

i like changes..and sometimes it's really useful--
but in this case i don't really care about..hm..ok, maybe a bit;)
nevertheless thanks Merck for all your work you've done!!

Last edited:
Oh dear, this is a real shame.
Merck has been a clear voice of reason in all the recent bad press that Moz has experienced.
He dealt with the NME debacle brilliantly. Moz will be much worse off without him...

im not surprised... i had the impression (its just my personal view)that merck seems to be a bit on the self display side..nothing against him personally..but he seems to be a very dominant person
even though its surely interesting to read stuff going on beyond the surface which fans of a certain artist are normally not allow to view(the nme faxes) he seems to go a bit far ..like this nme journo not allowing him to stay in the same hotel in L.A..and so the rumour occures moz being a primadonna of not allowing a journo who he dont like a allow staying in the same hotel even though moz was never involved).and merck making a statement in his very own manner...http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_060907_01
but morrissey himself had stated that he is unmanagable "cause he never could find someone who represent him fully"so ....

Last edited:
Found this on the independent site, part of a quote from Merck:

"Over the last five years, Morrissey and I have had three albums which entered the charts at five, two and one, and had 10 top 20 singles and sold hundreds of gigs all over the world from Earl's Court to the Hollywood Bowl," Mercuriadis tells me.

"I believe my penance is complete and Saint Morrissey has granted my absolution."

Obviously he probably said more but that's all they are reporting.

Found this on the independent site, part of a quote from Merck:

"Over the last five years, Morrissey and I have had three albums which entered the charts at five, two and one, and had 10 top 20 singles and sold hundreds of gigs all over the world from Earl's Court to the Hollywood Bowl," Mercuriadis tells me.

"I believe my penance is complete and Saint Morrissey has granted my absolution."

Obviously he probably said more but that's all they are reporting.

at least it sounds amicable. Moz will need Merck's support in the NME case as Merck had all the incriminating emails from that two-faced, nauseating little man about how well the interview went.
remember the one where he signed off 'love Tim'? yuck!

Something to speculate about. :D I just visited the ie.music site and all mention of Morrissey has been completely removed. They also had a news article announcing Morrissey joining them and that is gone too!

Now whadda ya think about that ladeez and gennelmen :p

Something to speculate about. :D I just visited the ie.music site and all mention of Morrissey has been completely removed. They also had a news article announcing Morrissey joining them and that is gone too!

Now whadda ya think about that ladeez and gennelmen :p

Maybe, like the single, they were managing him for "one week only".

Well he's certainly worth more than that. But my point is that between the time he said the single would be out for one week only and the time it was or will be released, he's gone. (implying that we should panic again about the single)

I liked that he read this board, posted information here, kept in touch, and is so wealthy that he doesn't need the job, and must have some affection for Morrissey. Probably he just doesn't have time to do it, and they found a suitable replacement.

I don't see why I should like this Merck character. He always sounded full of himself when he had messages posted on the main board. He struck me as a liar. And I believe he viewed the loyal Morrissey fanbase with nothing but greed. Under his "helm" Morrissey releases were designed to exploit Morrissey's fanbase to an extent that was shameful.

I still have fondness for Sire exec Howie Klein. He read the boards as well. You know what he also did? He sent fans gifts, unsolicited. He sent me a copy of the book Peepholism. He sent me "There's Nothing Left To Break" buttons. He sent me a cardboard thingie with the cover of "Vauxhall & I". He sent me Sire compilation promo CDs. He sent me a rare promo CD of Morrissey/Smiths music that I understand is today worth a few bucks.

Merck is someone who pretends he shares some sort of credit for the success of "You Are The Quarry." No, he was just lucky enough to get to release it. His influence on Morrissey, from what I can tell, was to make Morrissey more of a businessman. So his influence was negative.

II still have fondness for Sire exec Howie Klein. He read the boards as well.

That guy was so fond of fans that he'd include hand-written notes that referenced previous mail he sent, showing he remembered previous communications and had taken an interest in them.

That guy was so fond of fans that he'd include hand-written notes that referenced previous mail he sent, showing he remembered previous communications and had taken an interest in them.

howie klein is a special dude. in 1991 at madison square garden i was pulled from the mosh pit debris of folding chairs and sweaty bodies and tossed to the corner by a security goon. i was bruised and dazed and scared when all of a sudden a pokerfaced eggheaded man came up to me and asked me if i was ok which of course made me cry. he reached into his jacket and pulled out a backstage pass the one with edith on it and he put it in my hand and gave me a little squeeze and told me not to cry. i never went back stage and i didnt stop crying and i certainly never spoke a word to him again but i still have that pass in my possession to this day and ive never forgotten his kindness especially his lack of selectivity in bestowing it upon people.

so the lesson here boys and girls is that asskissers get to lick dried shit off their lips while cool dudes like howie klein get to write a blog on huff post about whatevs and chillax in the for real.

i think this is the most interesting thing posted on this godforsaken board all day (well the parts that i have managed to dredge through anyway). what is most disappointing it that no one (apart from worm) has bothered to comment/start a conspiracy theory about it.

that is the way of the world these days; no one interested in real news, too willing to be swayed by the lure of false celebrity and flimsy gossip, all too eager to proffer an opinion not yet called for and then losing interes....ooooh american apparel swimsuits...

LMAO!!! :D I completely agree! In my opinion this is actually the most interesting thing posted since the cancellation of the AYNIM singles! I assumed that maybe everybody was too busy at work or otherwise occupied (like me) to come up with any kind of juicy conspiracy theory... Or maybe it's b/c no one realizes there's new news on this thread?

jeane, I don't think anyone finds this incredibly shocking for a number of reasons:

1. If the website has no mention of him, it might be a simple technical error (unlikely, but...)

2a. Morrissey suddenly switching managers is familiar to fans who know their Moz history.

2b. Even if 2a is still news, nobody really knows what to say about it. The real story will never come out. Whatever is said will end up in another "he said/she said" scenario, and I think we're all sick of that.

3. I sort of agree with the sentiment expressed above-- why in the world do we care about Morrissey's managers?

4. Did you say American Apparel swimsuits...? :horny:

Tags
good riddance shocked
Back
Top Bottom