Merck Seems to Be Doing a Great Job

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Merck seems to be doing a fantastic job managing Morrissey.

How long before his faxes stop getting through? :cool:

Yes, he seems to be very busy currently...:p
By the way, as I am a little curious, does someone have a photo of Merck? I'd like to put a face on his posts.:rolleyes: Thanks.:)

Merck seems to be doing a fantastic job managing Morrissey.

How long before his faxes stop getting through? :cool:

merck.jpg

FYI - He used to represent Axl Rose until recently too. This man must be gifted, or has a penchant for reclusive, aging, pop stars...

He is doing a good job. Too good in fact. Does anyone else think Morrissey should be more visible and prepared to make a statement on his position on this rather than hiding behind Merck?

At the end of the day the arguments about who sent what email will be irrelevant. What will be remembered is the interview and if Morrissey insists on being silent and not explaining himself more fully, the racist tag will stick for a lot of people.

Thanks for the photo, Vauxhall95!
If the photo is recent, Merck is young! That is good! He will be stronger to fight against the baddies of the N..:D

He's doing what's he'd paid to do, which is to look out for the best interests of his Artist. I'm pleased with his articulate, reasoned statements, and the relative respectful tone in which the discussion (such as it is, as NME is pretty quiet) is being conducted.

I do find it amusing that when it comes time for legal letters to be written, suddenly comments on mozzolo are no longer posta-non-grata in the Moz camp. . . Hey, whatever it takes to get us some respect, but still. I had to laugh when I saw Morrissey-solo come up in the letter posted on TTY.

--jeniphir

Last edited:
He is doing a good job. Too good in fact. Does anyone else think Morrissey should be more visible and prepared to make a statement on his position on this rather than hiding behind Merck?

At the end of the day the arguments about who sent what email will be irrelevant. What will be remembered is the interview and if Morrissey insists on being silent and not explaining himself more fully, the racist tag will stick for a lot of people.

Well, if 1992 is any indication, Morrissey doesn't want to have to answer to the media horde which would simply help them sensationalize the story and sell more papers while his reputation gets dragged through the mud.

No, I think it best to let Merck and his legal team destroy the NME. After Merck's post today, it seems he has all the original tapes, and correspondences. I'm not an attorney, I just play one on the Internet, but the NME looks screwed...

morrisycrewio6.jpg

Danny, you may be right. I don't think Morrissey needs to explain beyond what he already said, but some kind of public appearance might not be a bad idea. If it were up to me, I'd put him on television doing one of the new songs, with the emphasis on the tour. Rather than spend too much time on NME a short dismissive comment might be enough.

The focus needs to be changed. There are a lot of positive things to talk about. Rather than continuing to promote the NME, which I feel any comments would do, he should be visible, and shown to be moving on with a successful tour and new music.

I don't think he should be hiding or not talking to press, if that's what he is doing.

I heartily agree with Dave. The spotlight needs to be put squarely back onto the positive ("accentuate the positive..."). After all, Morrissey and his fans have a lot to celebrate right now: a new record deal, a European tour, some rockin' new songs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom