Morrissey - Buffy Sainte-Marie - Suffer the Little Children [California Son Interview Series]

Awesome awesome awesome!

Buffy is great ! Seen her twice, met her once, got two records signed, gifted one to M, he was very pleased, this was before he met her. Wonder if she’ll do his version when she plays out next?

These California Son song interviews with the original writers or producers is wonderful!

:)

Btw, I can see these being collected as a bonus when the record gets rereleased.

Does she like the cover or not then

BSM is the greatest of all time.
This site is a hell mouth.
Jesus and Jah and judging all of you.

I wish Moz himself would appear in theses videos and tell us why he loves these songs and his thought process behind the album

I’m pretty certain Buffy would be horrified with the shit that Morrissey has been spouting for the last few years. She is a human rights activist and undoubtedly has no time for the divisive stance that far-right organisations like For Britain stand for. I wonder if she knows how off-his-rocker Old Moz has become since the time she supported his tour?

He was exactly the same then as he is now, so not much will have changed.
As the video witnesses.

Do you have to respond to everything, you absolute cretin? You are like one of the biggest psychological vampires on this site. Go away!

Awesome awesome awesome!

Buffy is great ! Seen her twice, met her once, got two records signed, gifted one to M, he was very pleased, this was before he met her. Wonder if she’ll do his version when she plays out next?

These California Son song interviews with the original writers or producers is wonderful!

Btw, I can see these being collected as a bonus when the record gets rereleased.

I'm wondering the same thing. Weren't those spoken word videos for World Peace collected and released with the Japanese CD release? I can't remember if they came out as lead up to the album release (so they could be collected on the Japan version) or the Japan version came out after the initial album release.

i find it interesting that the song is supposed to be from the perspective of a teacher. my first guess was that it is from the perspective of a native american or any other politically neglected group of that time who criticize the fact that american mainstream education only teaches white male capitalist values, like e.g. history only from the perspective of the winners, which was common in the 50s and 60s.
i think that parties like for britain, for example, or the afd in germany, have taken up again the old 60s criticism of schools but with a different bias in their efforts to stop what they perceive as an "indoctrination in the classroom". they still have the schools of the 1960s and 70s in their mind, when a new radical student generation, studied in everything marxist and post-colonial, and probably knowing buffy's songs, entered schools as teachers to change the status quo in education that buffy describes in the song. well, these people are also long gone and have probably been replaced by their apolitical successor generations.
do these parties actually look into the future with visions or are they stuck in the past, and want to turn back the clock?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pretty certain Buffy would be horrified with the shit that Morrissey has been spouting for the last few years. She is a human rights activist and undoubtedly has no time for the divisive stance that far-right organisations like For Britain stand for. I wonder if she knows how off-his-rocker Old Moz has become since the time she supported his tour?
well she wouldn't have appeared in the video would she if she was so against his political stance.

I'm wondering the same thing. Weren't those spoken word videos for World Peace collected and released with the Japanese CD release? I can't remember if they came out as lead up to the album release (so they could be collected on the Japan version) or the Japan version came out after the initial album release.
think the songs came out then we had the spoken word videos.

Morrissey should give me his extra copy because I'd never heard the music of Buffy Sainte-Marie before and I love this song!

It would make a great companion song to:

Awesome awesome awesome!

Next time ya lookin' for a instrument that's different, just remember to ask The Wild Turkey Community.
We could put some whistlin' gourd or whooshin' stalk in the mix for ya.
It would sound like ya had the breath of nature in the mix.

Counting the days til we get His Bobness revealing his Moz Love :cool:

These are all really interesting, I hope they do one for every song on the album, it'd be wonderful to hear what Carly Simon thinks of the cover.

these videos are great, makes the album feel more intimate. really hope moz makes an appearance;)

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom