Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 2007

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
I could buy a VHS and write "footage of first Smiths' rehearsal, 1982" on it, as well. Would anyone be interested in buying that?

Nothing to see here, move along, nothing to see here

DSCN0708.jpg

I can't even properly convey how much disdain I feel for you at this very moment. Why won't you share?

I can't even properly convey how much disdain I feel for you at this very moment. Why won't you share?

Why should he? there are two possible scenarios

1. He paid a lot of money for it
2. He was given it with a "don't distribute this or else" warning

In either case, why would he want to share it? especially with the rabble on here? I wouldn't give most of you the steam off my piss

Oh mikael, you have everything. You most probably have the original copy of the bible knocking about in the cupboard under your 10'000 copy's of Kill Uncle.. :D;)

DSCN0708.jpg

The provenance of the tape isn't in the photo - it's the fact that Mikael posted it.

We have always known that the gig was recorded (Hulmerist - Sister I'm a Poet). We've always assumed that some collectors have a copy. We've always hoped that Morrissey would release it.

Dave

Agreed if Mikael says it's the full gig, thats good enough for me.
and if anyones gonna have round here Mikaels your man.
The provenance of the tape isn't in the photo - it's the fact that Mikael posted it.

We have always known that the gig was recorded (Hulmerist - Sister I'm a Poet). We've always assumed that some collectors have a copy. We've always hoped that Morrissey would release it.

Dave

DSCN0708.jpg

I know it shouldn't be so but my overwhelming emotion on seeing this image was anger at the absence of the apostrophe in 'MIKES' :confused::(

Don't spose mikael will give us an answer, but does the tape feature just the eight songs performed at the concert or is there any of the documentary footage that Tim Broad shot around the show?

Doubt Wolverhampton 88 will ever be released or leaked. I stay negative on that subject. No wanker would ever leak it, unless they decided to become a hero!
Why doesn't Morrissey realise he would make an awful lot of money from it?? Is he waiting prehaps?

It exists and it's really good and great. And great. And good.

Doubt Wolverhampton 88 will ever be released or leaked. I stay negative on that subject. No wanker would ever leak it, unless they decided to become a hero!
Why doesn't Morrissey realise he would make an awful lot of money from it?? Is he waiting prehaps?

Someone in another forum said it's being planned to release this show as a bonus disc to the Viva Hate reissue.

I hope that's true, if only so that certain people who refuse to share what they are claiming to have can shove their cheap VHS tapes where the sun doesn't shine!

These are incredible. When I watch these clips over and over I always dance like this:

dance-hard-5_gif-bin.gif

So is that you grunting along to "Stop me" at around 1.30? :)

For a Morrissey fan this concert has such historical importance that it has to surface at some stage. It must. I suspect Moz hasn't allowed it so far because of the poor sound quality / poor performance - Passions refers to the gig and the bootlegs available where hardly any line of any song was finished without Moz being mobbed by fans, at the time I doubt he wanted a whole gig like that to be released, but he did agree to Sister I'm a Poet on Hulmerist.

But, the passing of time... it's time the tale were told... Ideally an official DVD, but I'll settle for a rip of a part edited video with those silly little clocks at the bottom.

Dave

Someone in another forum said it's being planned to release this show as a bonus disc to the Viva Hate reissue.

I hope that's true, if only so that certain people who refuse to share what they are claiming to have can shove their cheap VHS tapes where the sun doesn't shine!

I believe it was Mr. Reynolds (please correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps it was someone else) who told us that the plans for the Wolverhampton disc on the Viva Hate reissue were | | <--this close to going through, but had officially been scrapped. This was around the time when everyone was excited because Moz was in talks with EMI about the Bona reissue. So at this point I don't think it's in the cards just yet. Personally, I say f*** another Viva Hate reissue, just give us Wolverhampton by itself, even if it is only a few songs.

It exists and it's really good and great. And great. And good.

... and, if you please, is it simply the mini-concert, or additional Tim Broad doc footage also?

Back
Top Bottom