Morrissey referenced in game shows (Pointless, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?)

On today's (2/8/13) show in BBC1, the contestants had to name a solo artist who had a number 1 in the 90s. There were several answers the panel didn't guess, Morrissey was one of them, for Vaixhall & I.

7fhedpp.jpg

P.

*Note* - for those who've never seen the show...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointless_(game_show)

Love pointless, there's also a connection with Alexander Armstrong now ;)

On that note, "Morrissey is pointless", try and wrap your heads around this Moz fans.
I live, (and I use that term very loosely) in Boise, Idaho. Boise is, and will forever be, in need of broader musical horizons. Unbelievably, Morrissey actually played a gig here in 2000,--- (I wrote a post on the, 'ever want to meet Morrrissey' thread) and even though the largest arena for concerts here held only a few thousand, it was far from sold out. My point is this. I have lived in this wasteland of a town for 16 years now, and aside from people visiting Boise, I have had exactly ONE encounter with a person who knew who Morrissey even was!----- or so I thought. While shopping for groceries, I nearly fell over when I saw a 20ish year old girl wearing a bootleg Morrissey concert shirt. When I approached her and told her that I loved her shirt and wondered what concert she had attended, she stared at me blankly and said, "What? Huh? Oh this shirt. I dunno who this guy even is. Some dude left it at my apartment so I kept it". Sadly, in some sickening cities, Morrissey is indeed pointless.

On today's (2/8/13) show in BBC1, the contestants had to name a solo artist who had a number 1 in the 90s. There were several answers the panel didn't guess, Morrissey was one of them, for Vauxhall & I.

7fhedpp.jpg

*Note* - for those who've never seen the show...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointless_(game_show)

Also, from Colleen:

morrissey was the subject of the question and the smiths were the answer on "who wants to be a millionare" today. luckily, the cute contestant was a fan and answered correctly. unfortunately, he answered another question incorrectly and only left with one grand.

millionaire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On that note, "Morrissey is pointless", try and wrap your heads around this Moz fans.
I live, (and I use that term very loosely) in Boise, Idaho. Boise is, and will forever be, in need of broader musical horizons. Unbelievably, Morrissey actually played a gig here in 2000,--- (I wrote a post on the, 'ever want to meet Morrrissey' thread) and even though the largest arena for concerts here held only a few thousand, it was far from sold out. My point is this. I have lived in this wasteland of a town for 16 years now, and aside from people visiting Boise, I have had exactly ONE encounter with a person who knew who Morrissey even was!----- or so I thought. While shopping for groceries, I nearly fell over when I saw a 20ish year old girl wearing a bootleg Morrissey concert shirt. When I approached her and told her that I loved her shirt and wondered what concert she had attended, she stared at me blankly and said, "What? Huh? Oh this shirt. I dunno who this guy even is. Some dude left it at my apartment so I kept it". Sadly, in some sickening cities, Morrissey is indeed pointless.

For Gods sake !
Get down to the shops Moz and keep yourself in the public eye !
Is this the way things are going to be in the future when all is far from well ?

Benny-the-Butcher

If you live, (or are 'forced' to be in a town like Boise, Id.) I would find Morrissey being in the public eye in such a place as a miracle if would happen at all. I have found from my observations while being in this town, that true music lovers will attend literally any live show if it is anywhere near the genre they like. I have seen bands such as: The Beat, The Specials, Bush, New York Dolls, & Morrissey, (albeit once) in Boise, and when I ask the band members themselves, or a stagehand etc., "How is it you came to play in this city"? The answer is universally the same. "We just played in S.L.C. last night on our way to Portland, (or vise-versa) and were told to play a quick show here". Aside from Flogging Molly and Reel Big Fish, I can not name a 'big name band' that has ever played here more than once. Needless to say, it is incredibly frustrating. So I can not blame Morrissey himself or his tour manager, or anyone else for that matter for not returning to play here as much as I wish he, (they) would. After all, aside from one or two outdoor venues, the maximum capacity of a concert hall in Boise is at most 2000. What band would waste their time on that? I am happy to drive/fly to wherever is closest to see Moz play. So, everyone living in a 'proper' large city, consider yourselves fortunate. My advise is that if Morrissey is playing within 100 miles of where you live. GO!!!!!---and think of me in the 'rejection gutter of live shows' while you are driving the hour and a half. It could be so much worse.......and I am a living sign.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom