Morrissey subject of Convince Me To Like This Band podcast ("Super Fan" Jose Maldonado vs. "Hater" Andrew Novick (ex-Warlock Pinchers)

Moz Super Fan attempts to (and kinda, sorta does) convince a Hater!

I work on a music podcast and the latest episode is about Morrissey. It should be available on all podcast platforms but here is a link...
https://linktr.ee/convinceMeToLikeThisBand
and here is a blurb....
Extreme Morrissey "Super Fan," Jose Maldonado (known all over the internet as The Mexican Morrissey), discusses his obsession with The Moz and defends the former Smiths frontman against the charges of intolerable pretension, tawdry melodrama, artistic stagnation and offensive political stances, all of which have been leveled by Morrissey "Hater" Andrew Novick, who, while in the 1980's brat-punk band Warlock Pinchers, penned the brutish and comedic song, “Morrissey Rides A Cockhorse”.

WOULD LOVE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS, if you care to listen and chat Mozzer!

full

convinceme_logo_white_bg (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember 'Morrissey Rides a Cock-Horse'. It's in the great American macho tradition of deriding anyone who is not a wife-beating marine. (Henry Rollins's criticisms of Morrissey, if anyone remembers, were like this.) You only have to read the lyrics of their 'song' to see the level of intellect and general attitude we're dealing with. Jesus, I have no words for how much I despise this strain in American culture.
Totally fair points. The song is juvenile and silly and it also has some regrettably homophobic lines in there. It's really shock-rock and not meant to be taken too seriously. I agree with you that it's brutish and harsh but I don't think it's low-brow, it is just a bit of an infantile joke that nobody should take all that seriously.

I will say this, I was shocked to hear Andrew talk on this episode. He admitted most of the above but also was very thoughtful in his arguments. Surprisingly, he also seemed to have an open mind to Moz and admitted liking some of his lyrics. Hear him out if you have time!

I want to see him bashed repeatedly in the mouth and barbecued alive in a Chinese wet market.

Umm, which one?? Surely you must be talking about the former Formula One racer, yes?

Either way, why are you spewing such vitriol and violent rhetoric? I don't see how that constructive. That kind of talk just drives a discussion about important music and art into the sewer.

Umm, which one?? Surely you must be talking about the former Formula One racer, yes?

Clearly the one I left in the quote.

Either way, why are you spewing such vitriol and violent rhetoric? I don't see how that constructive. That kind of talk just drives a discussion about important music and art into the sewer.

You already took it into the sewer when you decided to give Jose a spotlight.

This guy knows.
He’s murdered Morrissey’s best workings for a while now, and traded on it. The fact Julie rat features brought him to the U.K. twice is even more awful.

I’m a girl, but thanks.

Clearly the one I left in the quote.

You already took it into the sewer when you decided to give Jose a spotlight.

Why? What specifically did he say on the podcast that brought the discussion to the gutter? What did he say in this episode that offends you so? Why is he deserving of such harsh, violent rhetoric from anonymous people on the internet?

Why? What specifically did he say on the podcast that brought the discussion to the gutter? What did he say in this episode that offends you so? Why is he deserving of such harsh, violent rhetoric from anonymous people on the internet?

I already did this on page one.

He’s a holocaust denier. He once talked about molesting his baby sister. He’s an illegal. He doesn’t pay taxes. He supported Andrew Yang. He rides electric scooters when there’s nothing wrong with his legs.

Could you point me to some articles or interviews or places that I can see him admit these terrible things? I would like to see your point.

Could you point me to some articles or interviews or places that I can see him admit these terrible things? I would like to see your point.

Sure. Want me to wash your car while I’m at it? Pick up your dry cleaning? Maybe suck your dick?

I already did this on page one.
Not really. You leveled accusations on him that are pretty grievous. I mean, if they're true, that is indeed really upsetting. I just refuse to believe random accusations from anonymous people. It's not fair to anyone. We would all hate to be falsely attacked and accused by anonymous people on the internet.

Not really. You leveled accusations on him that are pretty grievous. I mean, if they're true, that is indeed really upsetting. I just refuse to believe random accusations from anonymous people. It's not fair to anyone. We would all hate to be falsely attacked and accused by anonymous people on the internet.

Welcome to Morrissey-Solo. ?

Nawe. That ain’t me.
Hm, well that's a rather weak cop-out. If you're going to hide behind the anonymity of a computer to cast really, really serious aspersions on someone then you have to give some kind of evidence. I mean, what if it's not true? Wouldn't you be devastated if someone made shit up about you and started spreading it on the internet?

Anyway, without any examples, how can I can take your accusations about Jose as anything other than a mean-spirited attack without any foundation which is likely due to some personal grievance? And to be clear, I'm really open to hearing your point of view and seeing to what you can point to back up your position.

Hm, well that's a rather weak cop-out. If you're going to hide behind the anonymity of a computer to cast really, really serious aspersions on someone then you have to give some kind of evidence. I mean, what if it's not true? Wouldn't you be devastated if someone made shit up about you and started spreading it on the internet?

Anyway, without any examples, how can I can take your accusations about Jose as anything other than a mean-spirited attack without any foundation which is likely due to some personal grievance? And to be clear, I'm really open to hearing your point of view and seeing to what you can point to back up your position.

Are you legitimately this dense, fella?

Again, welcome to Morrissey-Solo.

If there was one thread to sum up this website, I think this may be it.
Looking forward to giving the podcast a listen later.

Tags
morrissey morrissey podcast morrissey rides a cockhorse moz moz podcast mozcast music commentary podcast the mexican morrissey warlock pinchers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom