Morrissey's secret writing career - Foyles.co.uk (humour)

It's an humour post. Very useless article by the way, it just doesn't make sense...I can't see the point of writing such things.

Initially, I thought this was a humour post, but Foyles is reasonably reputable.
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD

http://www.foyles.co.uk/blog-morrisseys-secret-writing-career

"Thursday 24th September sees the release of Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, two years on from his acerbic autobiography, controversially published as a Penguin Classic.

But while Penguin claim that his new book is a first novel, we can exclusively reveal that this isn't the case at all: he's had a long career of publishing fiction and poetry under an elaborate series of pseudonyms. The secret has been closely guarded up till now, but we think the titles give him away.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by 'Milan Kundera'
No One Writes to the Colonel by 'Gabriel García Márquez'
The Girls of Slender Means by 'Muriel Spark'
Songs of Innocence and Experience by 'William Blake'
The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne by 'Brian Moore'
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses by 'Charles Bukowski'
Ingenious Pain by 'Andrew Miller'
May We Be Forgiven by 'AM Homes'
Beware of Pity by 'Stefan Zweig'
Where Angels Fear to Tread by 'EM Forster'

In fact, we think this may just be the tip of the iceberg and that his music career has been little more than a front. So we're asking for your help: which other books do you suspect came form the pen of Stephen Patrick Morrissey?"

beyond silly. i mean a room with a view one of my fv novels was pun lished in think in 1907. if sanything he probably just took from the titles which has beenn stated a million times over. get real

It's clearly a humour post!

Thanks,
You never know these days!
It appears to be an elaborate way to advertise the new book.
Cheers,
FWD
*mods* feel free to delete the thread, cheers.

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey's secret writing career - Foyles.co.uk (humour).

Foyles attempt humour to sell List of the Lost.
Regards, ;)
FWD

http://www.foyles.co.uk/blog-morrisseys-secret-writing-career

"Thursday 24th September sees the release of Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, two years on from his acerbic autobiography, controversially published as a Penguin Classic.

But while Penguin claim that his new book is a first novel, we can exclusively reveal that this isn't the case at all: he's had a long career of publishing fiction and poetry under an elaborate series of pseudonyms. The secret has been closely guarded up till now, but we think the titles give him away.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by 'Milan Kundera'
No One Writes to the Colonel by 'Gabriel García Márquez'
The Girls of Slender Means by 'Muriel Spark'
Songs of Innocence and Experience by 'William Blake'
The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne by 'Brian Moore'
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses by 'Charles Bukowski'
Ingenious Pain by 'Andrew Miller'
May We Be Forgiven by 'AM Homes'
Beware of Pity by 'Stefan Zweig'
Where Angels Fear to Tread by 'EM Forster'

In fact, we think this may just be the tip of the iceberg and that his music career has been little more than a front. So we're asking for your help: which other books do you suspect came form the pen of Stephen Patrick Morrissey?"

The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde. By "Oscar Wilde."

Re: Morrissey's secret writing career - Foyles.co.uk (humour).

Jude the Obscure by "Thomas Hardy"
Lord of the Flies by "William Golding"
The Loved One: An Anglo-american Tragedy by "Evelyn Waugh"

Talented writer, that Morrissey.

Foyles attempt humour to sell List of the Lost.

Morrissey's secret writing career - Foyles blog

Thursday 24th September sees the release of Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, two years on from his acerbic autobiography, controversially published as a Penguin Classic.

In fact, we think this may just be the tip of the iceberg and that his music career has been little more than a front. So we're asking for your help: which other books do you suspect came form the pen of Stephen Patrick Morrissey?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find these articles such a pointless waste of time. They're meaningless, they add nothing new and their sole purpose is to latch onto the hype surrounding Morrissey's novel in the form of what is termed as 'click bait'. Writing something meaningful takes time and effort, so the easier way is to find a number of books that have titles alluding to melancholy in their title and 'humorously' accredit them to Morrissey... I don't really see the point!

I find these articles such a pointless waste of time. They're meaningless, they add nothing new and their sole purpose is to latch onto the hype surrounding Morrissey's novel in the form of what is termed as 'click bait'. Writing something meaningful takes time and effort, so the easier way is to find a number of books that have titles alluding to melancholy in their title and 'humorously' accredit them to Morrissey... I don't really see the point!

to bring attention so that people talk about him and the book kinda like were doing now and so the subject will turn up more so in searches about him but not nessesarily searchs specific to the subject thus introducing them to it. i was guessing it was promotion. as a person who grew with ad being so forced on them i really dont mind ones where i get to choose to click or not. i just click or dont and dont think much about whether others do or not. not many are very interested in in depth pieces sadly

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom