3 Chosen Time
4 Dreams Never End
5 We All Stand
6 Leave Me Alone
7 Age of Consent
8 Temptation
9 586
10 Everything's Gone Green

Agreed - thanks for recent spate of New Order stuff - these earlier recordings are great!

Smug

Thanks a lot for that:it's great.

I saw New Order on that tour and they were amazing.

Don't suppose you've got either of the Edinburgh gigs from that tour?
They played two nights in a row at different venues with completely different set lists and this from a band who were only on their second album.
Take note,Mozzer :p

Thanks a lot for that:it's great.

I saw New Order on that tour and they were amazing.

Don't suppose you've got either of the Edinburgh gigs from that tour?
They played two nights in a row at different venues with completely different set lists and this from a band who were only on their second album.
Take note,Mozzer :p

I'll check...I've been downloading a lot of New Order Stuff lately....but I've just posted the really good recordings so far...but If I see anything from Edinburgh 83...i'll definitely upload it for you...

I also got a fairly decent (but still audience recording) of the first gig that they ever played Love Will Tear Us Apart....from Birmingham I believe...

New Order was all business in the early days...just go out and play 8 to 10 different songs each night, people never knew what songs they would hear....no guarantee of anything....I even read that they wrote Blue Monday, because they were tired of people bitching that they didn't play encores, so they wrote a song that they could just go back on stage...hit PLAY on the Machine and make the people shut up

SNS22;690757.I even read that they wrote Blue Monday said:
Totally true !

What i loved about seeing them live was you never quite knew what you were going to get.
If things were going well,they would be absolutely amazing.If they were having a bad time,more often than not they'd go off stage early.

I like that attitude.

Thanks again for the bootleg :)

Totally true !

What i loved about seeing them live was you never quite knew what you were going to get.
If things were going well,they would be absolutely amazing.If they were having a bad time,more often than not they'd go off stage early.

I like that attitude.

Thanks again for the bootleg :)

At this point in time, I don't have either of those two Edinburgh shows...

I do have average recordings of Stirling (13 April 83) and Glasgow (14 April 83)

At this point in time, I don't have either of those two Edinburgh shows...

I do have average recordings of Stirling (13 April 83) and Glasgow (14 April 83)

Thanks,only after the Edinburgh show or soundboard recordings.

Really love this gig you posted though

Back
Top Bottom