Nicotine and Nickelback

and how long before you'll notice a difference? because for example, if I drink tea ill have bad acid reflux for about 3 days afterwards, not just for an hour afterwards.
You will know within a few days if a particular item is the culprit.

Chad Kroeger sounds terminally constipated.

haha, pep, did you ever think that maybe they're doing work on the place upstairs to get it ready for someone to move in? I mean, the scraping noise would fit.... maybe you should ALL go up there and see what's going on. each of you grab whatever sharp object you can find and go up in a group and knock on the door. we need to get this settled!

yes, pep, we've had the hydrochloric discussion, and I really should get some of those tablets just to see if that solves the problem. but as I said, I know that iron started the problem, because I had never had it before that and then after a couple of weeks of taking iron (I started about 7 years) suddenly I started having trouble breathing (which the doctor passed off as anxiety, despite my protestations and tears and sent me on my way saying "im just telling you what I know"), and then I had the acid washing up into my throat (REALLY painful), and after that even if I stopped taking iron for a few months it just didn't go away, and I would notice in those days that if I took an iron capsule about half an hour afterwards I would start having major issues. and I tried everything recommended and prescribed and everything just seemed to make it worse (which is why im a bit scared of taking hydrochloric tablets). it's gotten MUCH better since that first year or two--I was taking a really harsh liquid iron and too much of it and was taking it before bed on an empty stomach (which the box recommended but which everyone said afterwards was the exact wrong thing to do)--but it's still quite annoying and uncomfortable at times. as for the sphincter, if I scarred it it probably wouldn't heal. but the fact that there are periods and even days now when I don't have acid reflux at all is hope giving. it means there must be SOMETHING I can do to make it better, if only I could figure it out.
I knoooooow, but here's the weirdness of it: NOBODY ever comes out. And NOBODY ever goes in. It's like that line in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :lbf: I know we're in lockdown and all, but people still have to go out to the bins and the car park and whatever. It doesn't sound like they're there all the time, but I never see/hear anybody coming and going like I do with the other people. There's no car or van from the property maintenance people (or anyone else). Yesterday I was trying to sleep in the afternoon and all I could hear was this tapping and banging and scraping that went on for hours. My son says it sounds like he's laying a carpet. I still say he's cutting up a body.

God, Rifke, your acid reflux sounds like hell. I wish I had the answers to help. Now you have access to a proper kitchen, do you think you might experiment with different diets? Maybe you could write The Lockdown Acid Reflux Cookery Book?

Last edited:
I knoooooow, but here's the weirdness of it: NOBODY ever comes out. And NOBODY ever goes in. It's like that line in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :lbf: I know we're in lockdown and all, but people still have to go out to the bins and the car park and whatever. It doesn't sound like they're there all the time, but I never see/hear anybody coming and going like I do with the other people. There's no car or van from the property maintenance people (or anyone else). Yesterday I was trying to sleep in the afternoon and all I could hear was this tapping and banging and scraping that went on for hours. My son says it sounds like he's laying a carpet. I still say he's cutting up a body.

God, Rifke, your acid reflux sounds like hell. I wish I had the answers to help. Now you have access to a proper kitchen, do you think you might experiment with different diets? Maybe you could write The Lockdown Acid Reflux Cookery Book?
How often a day do you people masturbate?

You're both just new iterations of Mrs. Woolf, Crystal Geezer, Reality Bites. Nothing changes, but no one stays.

People come and people go.

He told you to put your shoes in the closet by the door because A) he doesn’t want you traipsing all over his house with disgusting outside shoes on getting his house dirty and bringing bacteria in on your shoes that they then have to walk around on, and B) because it’s uncivilized to store dirty outside shoes in your bedroom under your nose where you also sleep

oh no, i dont think ill be doing much cooking. first off, I still don't know HOW to cook. secondly, I have no pots or pans. and thirdly these people are here all the time and the upstairs is very open, so it just wouldn't be very comfortable. besides, working with the public as I do, they probably don't want me up there touching all their stuff. I think Im just going to fast. nothing else to do. no good croissant shops to tempt me. it's the perfect time for it!

well, pep, that is indeed a mystery! isn't there someone you can call, like, say, the person who rents the place out and ask what's up? im sure they'd want to know if someone was cutting up bodies in their building. :lbf:

He told you to put your shoes in the closet by the door because A) he doesn’t want you traipsing all over his house with disgusting outside shoes on getting his house dirty and bringing bacteria in on your shoes that they then have to walk around on, and B) because it’s uncivilized to store dirty outside shoes in your bedroom under your nose where you also sleep

Don't forget the Gold Bond brother. Can't have the dogs barking to loud.

Oh yeah. Out grilling potato and veggie kebob's, drinking Molson tall boys and cranking up a Nickelback playlist. Don't worry about me brother, rocking and rolling is my occupation. :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom