NYC Hammerstein pre-sale date announced

is it still GA
with the pre sale do they
limit it to certain sections sales (like 150 in the front floor, 100 on the balcony and so on and if the floor seats are gone you have to choose the balcony)for the presale and at the official start they allow a general admission sale for everyone else where you can choose yourself whre you sit?

ticketmaster info on presale
Internet pre-sale tickets are usually sold from a reserved allotment of seats, which may not reflect the same availability during the public ticket sale. Internet pre-sales provide the advantage of exclusive purchasing windows in advance of the public sale, which often results in less people competing for the pool of available seats. However, Internet pre-sales may also have limited seating available in various areas, these pre-sales are intended as advance purchasing windows and do not necessarily provide access to better seating. In fact, it is possible that you may be able to obtain tickets for better seats at the general public sale than those that you purchase through a presale. We must remind you that Ticketmaster does not offer refunds or exchanges, so you will not be able to replace the tickets you obtain at a pre-sale with other tickets that become available at a later date.

is it still GA
with the pre sale do they
limit it to certain sections sales (like 150 in the front floor, 100 on the balcony and so on and if the floor seats are gone you have to choose the balcony)for the presale and at the official start they allow a general admission sale for everyone else where you can choose yourself whre you sit?

ticketmaster info on presale
Internet pre-sale tickets are usually sold from a reserved allotment of seats, which may not reflect the same availability during the public ticket sale. Internet pre-sales provide the advantage of exclusive purchasing windows in advance of the public sale, which often results in less people competing for the pool of available seats. However, Internet pre-sales may also have limited seating available in various areas, these pre-sales are intended as advance purchasing windows and do not necessarily provide access to better seating. In fact, it is possible that you may be able to obtain tickets for better seats at the general public sale than those that you purchase through a presale. We must remind you that Ticketmaster does not offer refunds or exchanges, so you will not be able to replace the tickets you obtain at a pre-sale with other tickets that become available at a later date.

Well GA shows are GA... so aside from a limit on the number of tickets sold in presale, there is nothing that can be held back.

I do know for a fact that for the two seated shows that have gone on sale so far (Waukegan and Merrillville) there were no holdbacks or set asides whatsoever. All seats were available at the beginning of the presale. In Merrillville, season ticket holders were given the chance to buy first- but as near as I can tell, they didn't even buy up all of the first two rows. I got third row at the beginning of the presale.

I hope this information can help someone in some way!

this is so frustrating. I wish they just made an announcement about it already...

is the package deal is for european people too
somebody said yes another said there is no info confirming that..
or i have overlooked it at the numerous threads??

or does the package deal go up after the pre sale?

for international will call that i have to provide a local telephone number (since i do not have a cell phone i guess i can only provide a hostel number but at the time of buying the tickets and type in all the info at ticketmaster i do not have a hostel yet then because i do not know at that time how many nights i am staying there since some shows maybe sold out so...uh and they want specifically a local number- not my number?

the presale password for n.y really :
greatest hits ????
as someone stated here i thought that that was the password for the recent spring/summer tour?

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about the 5 package deal?! I'm realllllllly really desperate for information and have been calling ticketmaster and livenation.

I can only find information on Livenation.com about the 5 package deal

Hammerstein Ballroom
General Admission: $65.00
Day of Show: $70.00
Maximum Morrissey: $200.00

A "Maximum Morrissey Ticket" will be made available eliminating all surcharges for any fans attending every show, which will provide a savings of over $50 in itself. Fans planning to attend all 5 shows will receive a special package price of $200 thereby saving $125 off of the individual tickets, as well as a commemorative poster, and they will be allowed to go to the front of the line each night so they can be the first ones in the building and closest to the stage.

Last edited:
Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about the 5 package deal?! I'm realllllllly really desperate for information and have been calling ticketmaster and livenation.

I emailed hammerstein and got no reply. I was planning on calling the venue, ticketmaster and live nation at lunch today.

What have they told you? Nothing?

It doens't really make sence that there are seats, when the people who buy the package deal, get's the right to enter Hammerstein first, does it? I thought it was a matter of getting the best spot first (and not booking the best seat on the internet) :confused:

i get an email minutes ago

(James (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)) - 09/04/2007 11:40 AM EDT
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding a package deal for five Morrissey concerts at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Regretfully, we are not offering any packages for Morrissey in New York City. You can verify the Morrissey tour at the following link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/280

You can check with the Hammerstein Ballroom directly, at (212) 777-1224 , to see if such an offer is being made.

We look forward to serving your live entertainment ticketing needs in the future!

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business.

i get an email minutes ago

(James (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)) - 09/04/2007 11:40 AM EDT
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding a package deal for five Morrissey concerts at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Regretfully, we are not offering any packages for Morrissey in New York City. You can verify the Morrissey tour at the following link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/280

You can check with the Hammerstein Ballroom directly, at (212) 777-1224 , to see if such an offer is being made.

We look forward to serving your live entertainment ticketing needs in the future!

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business.

Thanks sistasheila for posting this. But I think I speak for everyone here in saying that this news is complete shit!

These people in customer service only have the information as shown on their computer screens. I've seen these kinds of things so many times in the past, where they don't know about any upcoming dates or whatever and surprise surprise... a couple of days later the info pops up on their screen and there you go!! It's not their fault, they can only provide information they see on their screen.
I think we need info from someone a little higher up at Ticketmaster. ;)
But I won't be surprised if the package shows up on Ticketmaster tomorrow or Thursday morning!

Let's just keep our fingers crossed!!

I talked with Live Nation earlier today and the guy told me that Ticketmaster will hear about the Maximum Morrissey package shortly. I asked if they will go on sale @ the same time as the single tickets and he said "Maybe so." In the the same sentence he said "The package deal may only be available at the box office." We all know that will not be the case. I suggest to keep checking on the Ticketmaster website for more info. I'm as impatient as everyone else. I coming from Dallas & I can't even get my airline ticket until Ticketmaster gives us the info and the airfare just keeps going up.

i phoned the hammerstein box office an hour ago and they told me

the package deal will not be at presale
but will be avaiable at the official starting day which is saturday...

but i had problems understanding him since he talked very fast with a strong accent..so can somebody phone hammerstein box office under the posted nmber(someone who is a native english speaker ) and confirm that info that he gave me...and also very important i forgot to ask him if the package deal will be avaiable for european citizens /people outside the US i couldnt ask him .i forgot to ask him that so please somebody call again concerning that info he gave me that the package deal tickets will be sold at saturday at the official start but not at the presale dates where you can only get the single tickets and not the package deal thank you

i phoned the hammerstein box office an hour ago and they told me

the package deal will not be at presale
but will be avaiable at the official starting day which is saturday...

O NO!! :eek:
I will be away on a weekendtrip this weekend!!
God, I need to get to a computer the second those package deals go on sale... But as I will be in some Belgian forrest, that might be a bit difficult. :mad:
For now, I will keep hoping for them to go on sale on Thursday...

well if you'd like to share a few tips with us i'm sure people would be most eager to hear... :)....

Smith's Bar, just outside of Times Square on 8th and 14th, opens early to show EPL games. Bleecker Street Records and Generation Records are good, in the village. Also down there is Record Runner. He has 80's vinyl and likes Moz.

Ok, I just called The Hammerstein and they had no info. They say to keep checking with Ticketmaster. They say they have had a lot of calls about this. The person I spoke with said nothing about selling them on Saturday.

Ugh I hate when ticketmaster does shit like this. I hope I'm not going to be the only one not buying tickets at the presale hoping for a package.

Back
Top Bottom