Rhoda Dakar covers Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

Just seen that the fantastically talented Rhoda Dakar, who has sang with The Specials and many more, is releasing a cover of Morrissey's Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Can only imagine the meltdown that will cause at Guardian HQ.

Link posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

full

Update:
Brief video clip made available via Rhoda's FB:

Full song:

Why would I waste my time registering, to engage with a half-wit Melvis jizz-slurper like you? You’re not here for a conversation. You’ve certainly got nothing rational to offer, based on your fawning and whining. You comment on records and charts, etc. - and you don’t even own a turntable. You’re just here to catch the extra dribbles, in the hopes that you’ll be noticed.

Here’s a tip - You’re already well noticed. ...and likely the best example available on the present state of lost humans and their opinions on elevator pap.

Melvin, I have the notion you are in BFVelcro Punk Roc supergroup.:) No wonder you BGVelcro and that other moronic troll all talk alike as if reading off one of those stupid punk rock magazines.
:cool: a pity about the Russian record label.(-:lbf:-) could have been big stars in Siberia:lbf:
(cant get over how they almost ....they were 99 percent there.... they were going to be signed by a Russian record label. except there is no such thing as a Russian record label in the UK:lbf:
back to getting liquored up all the time. maybe you dorks should sign up for Fake Cs, 'gay dude therapy':lbf:

Brief sample:

"Short clip of my new single out on 21 April 2021! Vinyl pre-orders are going brilliantly and will likely sell out before the release date. As it's a limited edition, get in now to avoid disappointment. You can now pre-order the download and pre-save A and B sides to the music library of your choice. I'm very excited; it's the first single released under my own name ever, plus my first single since 1984! All support is very much appreciated!"

FWD.

Brief sample:

"Short clip of my new single out on 21 April 2021! Vinyl pre-orders are going brilliantly and will likely sell out before the release date. As it's a limited edition, get in now to avoid disappointment. You can now pre-order the download and pre-save A and B sides to the music library of your choice. I'm very excited; it's the first single released under my own name ever, plus my first single since 1984! All support is very much appreciated!"

FWD.

That's got a lovely vibe to it, she sounds genuinely miserable in a good way!

Vegan Cro Spirit said that Melvin is a Polish punk musician.

It is confusing Uncle Skinny and Hugh are different people are they not?

I don't really know who any of the Anonymous posters are - I try to guess sometimes.

Vegan Cro is usually joking.

I don't know who Hugh is, but I know Uncle Skinny is not Hugh.

I don't really know who any of the Anonymous posters are - I try to guess sometimes.

Vegan Cro is usually joking.

I don't know who Hugh is, but I know Uncle Skinny is not Hugh.
The Scottish dude Hugh Clark who used to be a huge Morrissey fan he went to many gigs.

The Scottish dude Hugh Clark who used to be a huge Morrissey fan he went to many gigs.

The one who was banned by security for social media comments?

Edit: or more accurately because fear of/hecklers puts him off. Audience participation is not one of his skills.
Also it was unfair of Hugh because the song Israel seems more of an LGBT+ anthem. Tel Aviv is famous for its gay beach & Hamas executes gay people. Having said that, Moz would probably play Gaza if they'd let him. He's been trying to play Syria & Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one who was banned by security for social media comments?

Edit: or more accurately because fear of/hecklers puts him off. Audience participation is not one of his skills.
Also it was unfair of Hugh because the song Israel seems more of an LGBT+ anthem. Tel Aviv is famous for its gay beach & Hamas executes gay people. Having said that, Moz would probably play Gaza if they'd let him. He's been trying to play Syria & Iran.
I don't understand the politics side of it. I doubt that Morrissey would mind if some of his fans have slightly different views to him. How many of us have exactly the same political views about everything?Morrissey would mind though if people attempt to disrupt his concerts his own shows (which is meant to be entertainment) with political activism and hatred. Why would someone pay good money to see Morrissey live in concert if they don't like him? Why would they go to that much effort and waist their time and money? The young Morrissey superfan Curtis Butler who sadly passed away in 2019 was in charge of sorting out the social media like on Twitter. He would then pass the info to Morrissey's security team and so on. There is some info on the "Following the Mozziah" Blog.

I don't understand the politics side of it. I doubt that Morrissey would mind if some of his fans have slightly different views to him. How many of us have exactly the same political views about everything?Morrissey would mind though if people attempt to disrupt his concerts his own shows (which is meant to be entertainment) with political activism and hatred. Why would someone pay good money to see Morrissey live in concert if they don't like him? Why would they go to that much effort and waist their time and money? The young Morrissey superfan Curtis Butler who sadly passed away in 2019 was in charge of sorting out the social media like on Twitter. He would then pass the info to Morrissey's security team and so on. There is some info on the "Following the Mozziah" Blog.
I was at that concert, and believe me nobody stormed out

Yeah - I think it's the disruption that he's bothered by.

I suppose they hope to change his mind about whatever they're mad about, or make him feel bad. It's not a good thing.

Yeah - I think it's the disruption that he's bothered by.

I suppose they hope to change his mind about whatever they're mad about, or make him feel bad. It's not a good thing.
Do you know who Curtis Butler was? Curtis was a very dedicated superfan of Morrissey. Morrissey and his band loved him a lot. Curtis was a genuine fan. It is tragic that Curtis Butler died so young in his twenties. You can probably find his obituary on here. Curtis Butler was entrusted by Morrissey himself to look at the social media look at Twitter accounts of so-called 'fans' that sort of thing. Morrissey loved and trusted Curtis Butler.

Do you know who Curtis Butler was? Curtis was a very dedicated superfan of Morrissey. Morrissey and his band loved him a lot. Curtis was a genuine fan. It is tragic that Curtis Butler died so young in his twenties. You can probably find his obituary on here. Curtis Butler was entrusted by Morrissey himself to look at the social media look at Twitter accounts of so-called 'fans' that sort of thing. Morrissey loved and trusted Curtis Butler.

Didn't know him in real life. I never have the time to hang around gigs - I'm always late & then have to run off.

I only post so much these days because I thought Morrissey's career was doomed - but, I think it'll be ok.

"that they forgot to lock down" is a nice joke!

I don't mind this - it captures the song's melancholy nicely, but none of its grandeur.

I really like it. Which is rare for me with covers of Morrissey songs.

The 'horn section' adds a nice touch of wistfulness.

Here's the dub mix

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom