Morrissey Central "SIGNS ON THE STREETS, LIKE BLUE WHALES SINGING" (June 1, 2020)

SIGNS ON THE STREETS, LIKE BLUE WHALES SINGING

unnamed.jpg
0-1_rmrm9n.png
unnamed2.jpg

The Ganglord image was by 'evansolano' on IG 4 days ago.

FWD.

Last edited:
Some other lyrics that fit:

There are some bad people on the rise
there are some bad people on the rise
they're saving their own skins by
ruining people's lives
bad, bad people on the rise...

Ya can't go any lower than using a mans murder to promote an old song framed like a record sleeve.
He will though.

Its not nice how a lyric about the police 'grinding me into the ground' has been interpreted literally while a man loses his life.

Is it also not nice when Manchester evening news used Morrissey’s words
to lift people’s spirits and show that the people of Manchester will not be beaten after the terrorist
attack?

The words are these lyrics...

“There is a light that never goes out”

Can’t an artist or someone else use words/poetry to express their feelings ?

No looting where I live in Idaho. About 500 went downtown to protect the business. If the Cops can't save the people need to.

I remember seeing a sea of flowers and one solitary balloon with that lyric on. I think that's totally different to the way this lyric is applied to a picture of a man losing his life.

I still don’t see how it is any different, please explain.

It is simply words/art being used to express the way one feels, when nothing else works.

That is the power of art.

The Manchester evening news used a lyric to express their feelings which involved the death of many,
and Morrissey and others again are using his words to express how they feel about this persons death and the unjust world that it happened in.

Contemptable as was Donald Trump holding up a bible yesterday.
A shocking outrageous staged photo opportunity.
Shines a light on the depths maniacs like Trump and Morrissey will sink to have their egos massaged.
Both repulsive.
CLEARLY. 2/6/2020
Is not morrisey. Maybe Sam.

Taking Black Lives Matter to promote himself and his unrelated meatless movement - self centered freak.

Some see promotion, and some see expression through words/art.

Just because they are posted on the same day on the same page, doesn’t mean they are connected or that his (Sams?) intentions are to connect them.

Though if at an early age we are fed death and violence then we do become desensitized to it depending on the individual. So it wouldn’t be too far fetched to draw lines between the two.

Taking Black Lives Matter to promote himself and his unrelated meatless movement - self centered freak.

Unrelated? Really? The essence of 'Meat Is Murder' is the idea that all barbarity is related. Give it a listen - it's a great album. If we treated animals more kindly maybe we would treat each other more kindly too - we're just animals after all, animals that have learned to walk on two legs and talk. It's a simplistic message perhaps - but a good one. And fundamentally a spiritual one.

I don't know...the people on here who bang on about Morrissey being "self centered" or a narcissist or making everything about himself, and how awful that is... Presumably you weren't paying attention back when he was writing songs like Bigmouth Strikes Again, Rubber Ring, The Boy with the Thorn in His Side, etc? It's always been part of who he is, surely.

(For the record, I think some of this stuff he / Sam keeps doing on Central is crass, I just don't get why anyone would be upset or surprised by it!)

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.”

James Baldwin

I don't like this particular post on Morrissey Central. I found it obvious and cynical. It doesn't mean I've suddenly disowned him. I love Morrissey, I have a nuanced view. I'm prepared to accept he can get things wrong. I'm not a fan who thinks the sun shines out of his behind. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, he says very little that moves me these days. Although I love his new album. I don't expect him to get everything right all the time.

there’s nothing wrong with this Central post.

Central is functioning as a scrapbook.

It could do with crediting its sources & if Sam is doing all the work (& it looks as if he is) - he should get his own About page.
You say this- again and again and again and again- without one shred of proof one way or another. Morrissey's name is at the top of the page. Therefore anything posted to the page should be taken as being 100% endorsed and approved by him. It's not Sam-Esty-f***boi Central.

He's not posting this stuff, you know that, right?
I'm just gonna cut n paste my comment to Nerak, but point it your direction.

You say this- again and again and again and again- without one shred of proof one way or another. Morrissey's name is at the top of the page. Therefore anything posted to the page should be taken as being 100% endorsed and approved by him. It's not Sam-Esty-f***boi Central.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom