Slow Castlefield ticket sales why

Why didn't the Castlefield shows sell out instantly? Or at least quicker than they have?

• Ticket cost?

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Perceived right wing political bias,i.e. Britain first comment?

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • New material heavy setlists?

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Recent show quality in general?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Does the newish band no longer do it for you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prima donna attitude gone to far (Journalists all lie only to have recording released showing not)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other? please comment?

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Everythings fine we've just all booked our holidays for that week.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

billybu69

Subscriber
It's not so long ago an event like the Castlefield show would have sold out in minutes, an outdoor show of 8000 in the centre of Manchester, in the middle of summer who wouldn't want to be there? People have been commenting on the reason so lets put it to a poll.

I think the equation goes something like this:

Poor new (and not so new) material + tiresome crunch-thud-strum band = "hmmmm, weeeeell, mayyybe..."
+ months of verbal incontinence = "really not sure I want to this time"
+ exorbitant ticket prices = "up your arse, Moz"

PS: I have been helping my son revise for his GCSE maths, I think it's getting to me.

I think the equation goes something like this:

Poor new (and not so new) material + tiresome crunch-thud-strum band = "hmmmm, weeeeell, mayyybe..."
+ months of verbal incontinence = "really not sure I want to this time"
+ exorbitant ticket prices = "up your arse, Moz"

PS: I have been helping my son revise for his GCSE maths, I think it's getting to me.
No, I think your lad will do well, with equations at least.

A combination of all those cited reasons, clearly. With the exception of the band members option, though, with whom I have no issues with. It is what it is, and they do a very good job 97% of the time. I doubt that the Average Morrissey Fan gives two tosses about who is in Morrissey's band, honestly. What they do care about is getting their money's worth when they shell out big dollars/pounds/euros/etc. to see a Morrissey show. Even the most diehard supporters of 2014-2018 Morrissey must agree that often (though not always - a couple of the London shows last tour looked quite nice) the shows can be a little choppy/anti-climactic/heavy-handed/poorly sequenced/generally same-feeling because of Morrissey's choice of songs.

And if you disagree, then you must not have ever seen a Morrissey show prior to 2014.

And before someone says it, I'm not advocating for a Greatest Hits-type setlist. But there are so many great songs that sit on the shelf for years and years while he continues to pummel us with much of the same-old, same-old tour-after-tour. Morrissey's idea of giving the audience a special treat is to dust off "All You Need is Me" or "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice."

Last edited:
I can only comment for myself in that I went to most of the gigs on the tour earlier on in the year but I will not attend since the support for For Britain. Before this I would have paid anything to see him but I just can’t bring myself to support him anymore.

I can only comment for myself in that I went to most of the gigs on the tour earlier on in the year but I will not attend since the support for For Britain. Before this I would have paid anything to see him but I just can’t bring myself to support him anymore.

You’re a tosser anyway !!

Each to their own. I have no idea of the political views of Van Gogh, Hemingway and other great artists, but I loved thier art. Broaden your mind Malcom :confused: Good luck with that. :D

Each to their own. I have no idea of the political views of Van Gogh, Hemingway and other great artists, but I loved thier art. Broaden your mind Malcom :confused: Good luck with that. :D

Gotta agree with you about authors. So many authors I love were terrible people or at least people who did some terrible things

A combination of all those cited reasons, clearly. With the exception of the band members option, though, with whom I have no issues with. It is what it is, and they do a very good job 97% of the time. I doubt that the Average Morrissey Fan gives two tosses about who is in Morrissey's band, honestly. What they do care about is getting their money's worth when they shell out big dollars/pounds/euros/etc. to see a Morrissey show. Even the most diehard supporters of 2014-2018 Morrissey must agree that often (though not always - a couple of the London shows last tour looked quite nice) the shows can be a little choppy/anti-climactic/heavy-handed/poorly sequenced/generally same-feeling because of Morrissey's choice of songs.

And if you disagree, then you must not have ever seen a Morrissey show prior to 2014.

And before someone says it, I'm not advocating for a Greatest Hits-type setlist. But there are so many great songs that sit on the shelf for years and years while he continues to pummel us with much of the same-old, same-old tour-after-tour. Morrissey's idea of giving the audience a special treat is to dust off "All You Need is Me" or "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice."
as iv said before a lot of songs might be out of his range now,his voice is a lot deeper than it used to be,if he sang a song that didn't suit his voice he would be slater on here for it.

If Malcolm Tucker isn’t a made up name I extend to it my heartfelt sympathy ;) :p
hes a character in a very good political comedy,hes scottish,swears a lot.

Threat of terror attack at venue.

I very much doubt it’s a threat of a terror attack, security was very tight when I went last July not long after the attack, heavy police presence, armed too.

I think it’s the ticket price.

Quite a lot of his core Manchester fan base are staying away. I know, because I am one, and I communicate with with people I’ve known for decades. He will see the consequences of his comments, and he won’t like it.

Quite a lot of his core Manchester fan base are staying away. I know, because I am one, and I communicate with with people I’ve known for decades. He will see the consequences of his comments, and he won’t like it.
I've personally spoken to several Moz fans from Manchester who are attending and in turn know loads of others who are attending - so keep dreaming, it's going to be rammed and celebratory I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom