Strange/unexpected Moz references?

A tad too subtle for my tastes.

Although they almost had me at Washable with mild soap and water...

It's a no from me too.

The chest tattoo and rose ruin the first one for me and the 'logo intelligent puzzled dog' aka HMV Nipper is irritating too.

And I am not fond of Smiths colour schemes being used on artwork related to Morrissey's solo work.

There is also no more free space on my walls and it would look bad on my woodchip wallpaper anyway.

Still an interesting effort.

Screenshot_20210416-131012~2.png

I believe he's referring to his solo.
Morrissey's vocal was good on this too.
FWD.

I wonder what Morrissey would have to say if asked about the fact that kittens, cats, and dogs, need meat to thrive. Just curious what he might say.

It's a no from me too.

The chest tattoo and rose ruin the first one for me and the 'logo intelligent puzzled dog' aka HMV Nipper is irritating too.

And I am not fond of Smiths colour schemes being used on artwork related to Morrissey's solo work.

There is also no more free space on my walls and it would look bad on my woodchip wallpaper anyway.

Still an interesting effort.

í love the HMV logo, but it shouldn't be anywhere near Rocky's package. Never mix your eras kids.

í like their elegant summations of the Morrissey aesthetic though, more than their actual product.

The other day í was considering, once again, which huge statement feature Gainsborough f***off promo poster í should frame & place centre stage in my new abode, and í think í am still chained to the "Playboys" promo with the Alastair Thain photograph. But í got to wondering why, having gone through my whole archive, that one was still Toppermost, and í realised it is probably because of the delicate Smithsian colour wash on it.
Plus he's in the nip, on his fancy plush settee...

Morrissey Playboys poster.jpg

í love the HMV logo, but it shouldn't be anywhere near Rocky's package. Never mix your eras kids.

Yeah, the (barely visible) logo on the first, Smiths-themed, artwork bothers me the most. But the second one is all over the place with the TQID colours as well.

The other day í was considering, once again, which huge statement feature Gainsborough f***off promo poster í should frame & place centre stage in my new abode, and í think í am still chained to the "Playboys" promo with the Alastair Thain photograph. But í got to wondering why, having gone through my whole archive, that one was still Toppermost, and í realised it is probably because of the delicate Smithsian colour wash on it.
Plus he's in the nip, on his fancy plush settee...

View attachment 71042

I can't quite put my finger on the 'why', but I've never been a big fan of that shot. I agree that the wash looks great and I like the composition, - settee, table base and all - , and the shadows are gorgeous, but there's something about his face that makes me think he's either dead or high on weed.

And he also looks terribly young here, like not old enough to be dead or to smoke weed, so maybe that's my main concern, I'm not sure.

Yeah, the (barely visible) logo on the first, Smiths-themed, artwork bothers me the most. But the second one is all over the place with the TQID colours as well.

I can't quite put my finger on the 'why', but I've never been a big fan of that shot. I agree that the wash looks great and I like the composition, - settee, table base and all - , and the shadows are gorgeous, but there's something about his face that makes me think he's either dead or high on weed.

And he also looks terribly young here, like not old enough to be dead or to smoke weed, so maybe that's my main concern, I'm not sure.

í think í must like it cos it reminds me of when í used to sit upside down on the settee all the time as a kid. That's what we did for fun in them days. Not in the nip.
As far as í recall.
Doctor.

í think í must like it cos it reminds me of when í used to sit upside down on the settee all the time as a kid. That's what we did for fun in them days. Not in the nip.
As far as í recall.
Doctor.

... :paranoid: ...

Are you saying people don't usually do this...?

:paranoid:

Strong review

"Literary News - "The Smiths, The Queen is Dead" is an essay by Sebastien Bismuth and Nicolas Foucault from the Discogonie collection. The book, released on April 2, is dedicated to The Smiths' third studio album."

Holy water stoup with your own personal Jesus...?

Interesting choice of image, considering that this exists...

MorrisseyDouglasCape1985.jpg

📸 Douglas Cape, 1985

I have heard some interesting Moz news, probably 5th hand. He is either about to start or is recording new material. He has either found or is looking for a new guitarist. His new material seems to have doubled down on his world view - I can’t say more but expect controversy.
See, I told you so!

Morrissey mentioned once again in Murray Chalmers' Courier column

"When I became very friendly with Morrissey after I started working with him in 1987 my commitment to vegetarianism grew deeper, not least because his beliefs meant I would now find myself dealing with inquiries from organisations including PETA and the Vegan Society."

It's also an interesting anecdotal outline of the more recent history of vegetarianism, although, as someone who has never liked meat, I absolutely cannot get behind the notion that "... some dishes intrinsically rely on the depth of flavour that only the addition of meat can provide." I mean, I guess some dishes do, but I've always found that vegetables offer a much more varied palette of flavours.

Last edited:
Morrissey mentioned once again in Murray Chalmers' Courier column

"When I became very friendly with Morrissey after I started working with him in 1987 my commitment to vegetarianism grew deeper, not least because his beliefs meant I would now find myself dealing with inquiries from organisations including PETA and the Vegan Society."

It's also an interesting anecdotal outline of the more recent history of vegetarianism, although, as someone who has never liked meat, I absolutely cannot get behind the notion that "... some dishes intrinsically rely on the depth of flavour that only the addition of meat can provide." I mean, I guess some dishes do, but I've always found that vegetables offer a much more varied palette of flavours.

I agree - meat's repellant. I don't even think people really like the taste. I think they like the salt & the fat & you can get that from salt & olive oil.

I agree - meat's repellant. I don't even think people really like the taste. I think they like the salt & the fat & you can get that from salt & olive oil.

I think most people got used to the taste because they've been raised on it. I never did though. Eating meat isn't unnatural for humans from an evolutionary point of view. The main problem is the way livestock farming has developed over the last couple of centuries and we obviously don't depend on it in our diets so I can't see any reason to eat it.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom