Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I agree - meat's repellant. I don't even think people really like the taste. I think they like the salt & the fat & you can get that from salt & olive oil.
My adoptive mother, when she lived, would use meat in every meal. At least fish. So the smell of meat, though I wouldn't eat it now, even, I think, if I were starving, the smell, I have a mixture of feelings about. I don't like what I know the smell means, but I guess there's residual wiring in me that associates the scent of meat with reassurance. I know meat is murder. I stopped eating it because of that gentle kind song Meat is Murder.

í wonder why Tench St remained pristine {other than attendant stains & craquelure}? Did nobody think to bring a ladder? Or a very lanky pal?

My Moz man at Vintage Wall deemed it Victorian {or later replacement} street wear. Certainly looks many decades older than even the '66 Sidney Reardon Street, let alone the more recent signs, judging by material & font.

This time last week, who could have imagined í would be discussing the minutiae of Victorian street decor...

í thinks í bagged me a bargain...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56280104

NW8? Leave it aaaaht mate.

As í think í said before, short of grabbing a gilded beam from the rotting husk of Hook End, the Tench St living sign is my Abbey Road icon of worship.

Last edited:
Hey @joe frady, any update with those VHS tapes you won in the auction?

Shame is the name, í know.
The treasure is still as it was delivered to me, safely sealed up in the Omega packing box. {It's actually at the end of my bed, so one could say í am literally sleeping with as well as on it}.

So í have not even opened the box to inspect the contents, let alone viewed the media. This, to my embarrassment, is partly practical and partly psychological ~ í am in the process of moving house and, Touch Woody, shall be in my new flat in just over a month's time. í don't want to engage with the thrilling process {for me} of going through the contents until í am settled into my new cave.

í have had to do a mammoth de-clutter of my old place over the last month {and due to various f***-ups on my part have managed to lose a whole wing of the Frady Print Archive ~ mags, clippings, programmes, etc, c.88-94, but í can't even talk about that right now, fresh wounds etc} and what remains, such as VCRs, is in storage, backs of cars, Etc.
That's the practical reason. The psychological is that í am an OCD pleasure-delaying nutjob, that procrastinates over anything potentially pleasurable.

So, All Apologies for the delay, but the tapes aren't going anywhere, and í am not trying to be a tease. A good time will be had, all in good time. As my Doctor tells me...

The treasure is still as it was delivered to me, safely sealed up in the Omega packing box. {It's actually at the end of my bed, so one could say í am literally sleeping with as well as on it}.

So í have not even opened the box to inspect the contents, let alone viewed the media. This, to my embarrassment, is partly practical and partly psychological ~ í am in the process of moving house and, Touch Woody, shall be in my new flat in just over a month's time. í don't want to engage with the thrilling process {for me} of going through the contents until í am settled into my new cave.

í have had to do a mammoth de-clutter of my old place over the last month {and due to various f***-ups on my part have managed to lose a whole wing of the Frady Print Archive ~ mags, clippings, programmes, etc, c.88-94, but í can't even talk about that right now, fresh wounds etc} and what remains, such as VCRs, is in storage, backs of cars, Etc.
That's the practical reason. The psychological is that í am an OCD pleasure-delaying nutjob, that procrastinates over anything potentially pleasurable.

So, All Apologies for the delay, but the tapes aren't going anywhere, and í am not trying to be a tease. A good time will be had, all in good time. As my Doctor tells me...

Ah, all good. No rush. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss some grand revelation. Good luck with the move.

'Thoughts & prayers' :pray:

And socially distanced, mental hugs.

💔

Moving is war.

Last edited:

Life is full of surprises, they say.

I was driving through a small town (as a passenger) and the driver had to use the bathroom. The only thing open was a Burger King, sadly, and as I also had to go, went in. I can only conclude the manager wasn't in that early, as they were playing MEAT IS MURDER (the album) over the PA. It was on WELL I WONDER. I don't know if the title track got played.

Pre-emptive empty reference / heads up? for another stifled Friday night.
BBC4 tonight have a programme called 'St George's Day at the BBC ' ~

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vbst

"To mark St George’s Day, join BBC Four for a trip through the archives and a selection of songs celebrating English history, landmarks and places. This eclectic mix features a huge array of musical styles and tastes, ranging from Elton John to Maddy Prior and Joe Strummer, as well as one of English football’s oddest cheer leading combinations in The Spice Girls and Echo & The Bunnymen."

Would Auntie be so bold...?

Morrissey Capitol Studios sleep, 3rd June 1991 ~ Linder.jpg

:ha-no:

I always loved the PLAYBOYS promo photo, the mood
his face, his eyes looking into strange dimensions unknown to the normal folk, the artist happily disconnected
from reality, and yeah, high or in a state of post-orgasmic bliss.

mine’s framed.

:cool:

Oh well, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm alone in being rather unimpressed by that picture.

I can appreciate why you both like it though and as I mentioned before, the composition speaks to me as well.

To Me, You Are A Work Of Art ~

Morrissey after Wolfgang 2004 monotype on paper ~ Elizabeth Peyton.jpeg

"Morrissey after Wolfgang " 2004 ~ Elizabeth Peyton
Monotype on handmade paper
30 x 22 inches unframed (76.2 x 55.9 cm)

http://origin.www.regenprojects.com/artists/elizabeth-peyton?view=slider#20

Lizzie flipped for this ~

Morrissey, Hook End Manor, England, Autumn 2003 (i) ~ index magazine cover ~ Wolfgang Tillmans.jpg

Photograph by Wolfgang Tillmans, Autumn 2003, Hook End Manor, England.
For "index magazine " Vol.8 #3 February/March 2004.

51W5379b44L.jpg

Had this sitting round for quite a while - forgot all about it. Perhaps too obscure for the Downloads thread and only a modest Smiths mention, but Instrument by Pat Graham is worth a look if you're a muso.

Photo-heavy epub with foreword by Marr that features many artist's guitars/instruments etc photographed in detail (Marr's too).

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom