Tags and the TOS site rules!

cornelius blaze

Boychild mustn't tremble!
This there going to be something done about the Tags?

Constantly there are obnoxious, spiteful tags added. Mainly about users here or one added here:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=1076201#post1076201

"911 was great"

Yet again a person gets blamed for adding one (I believe) and they are perfectly innocent.

Wouldn’t it be best just to get rid of them or at least (if you can) make it visible who has added Tags and make them accountable if they violate the TOS of this site or are the Tags not part of the TOS rules?

The Pigsty rule also applies to tags.
NRitH complained about me removing tags from the threads in the pigsty earlier.
I was told not to remove them in the pigsty.

I've asked about the issue to David after the function has been introduced by software upgrade.

Personally it does not add anything worthy because some idiots abuse it taking advantage of anonymity.

Unfortunately the moderators are unable to detect who added abusive tags.
However, we can guess who are the culprits.

I'd like to disable the feture from the forums if it's possible.

Last edited:
I've asked about the issue to David after the function has been introduced by software upgrade.

Personally it does not add anything worthy because some idiots abuse it taking advantage of anonymity.

I'd like to disable the feture from the forums if it's possible.

Good, i hope DavidT can see that it adds nothing to his site and is a cowards way to 'name' call. :cool:

what I said in another thread...

I think its time that there be an end to all anonymous tagging on this board. Too many people are being personally attacked in them for no reason whatsoever and the gay bashing and ethnic slurs are just sickening.

I think we should keep the tags! Sometimes you get these threads that are so long, that it's impossible to read every post. Tags allow you to glance down and get a general idea of where the conversation has gone throughout the thread. Some can be really humorous. And yes, some of them can be cross the boundary of good taste, but I think that is why The Pigsty exists. The Pigsty and non-Pigsty rules can apply to tags as well. In other words...stop trying to add more rules to areas that are already covered by rules! It turns this place into all out fascism! Thank you.

Last edited:
Keep the tags.

I think we should keep the tags! Sometimes you get these threads that are so long, that it's impossible to read every post. Tags allow you to glance down and get a general idea of where the conversation has gone throughout the thread. Some can be really humorous. And yes, some of them can be cross the boundary of good taste, but I think that is why The Pigsty exists. The Pigsty and non-Pigsty rules can apply to tags as well. In other words...stop trying to add more rules to areas that are already covered by rules! It turns this place into all out fascism! Thank you.

David hasn't decided whether keep or scrap the pigsty yet.

I really hope it will be scrapped.

Last edited:

Keep the tags.

Yep, keep the tags ( as they may be useful) but make the person who makes them accountable for them. so if i make a tag, saying 'chico suks balls' or 'nicole suks nadines titties', i would be 'told off'. That is all i am asking...because the tags that have been most obnoxious haven't been in the pigsty.

Yep, keep the tags ( as they may be useful) but make the person who makes them accountable for them. so if i make a tag, saying 'chico suks balls' or 'nicole suks nadines titties', i would be 'told off'. That is all i am asking...because the tags that have been most obnoxious haven't been in the pigsty.

yes I agree with this. Make the cowards accountable.
why not just close the site down to be safe?

16jh2sl.jpg

Drama Llama

is it you that is adding all the mean tags Dave?
angry.gif

have you found them usefull? I have not found one good use for them, If you use them as a search point it does not work out very well I have found. Mind you the search function on v bulletin is utter rubbish anyway.

I have some not so nice things said about me in the tags, but frankly I really don't care.

yes I agree with this. Make the cowards accountable.

is it you that is adding all the mean tags Dave?
angry.gif

some of them are about me! I usually laugh.

This is the Internet. You can't control every aspect of it. Karin, you have a life and I would expect you to have a little more perspective on this. I don't know what you are trying to protect the site from or who you are trying to preserve it for. As long as I have been aware, way back when my nose was 100% clean, much of the most interesting stuff here was caused by what you are calling trolling.

I prefer this picture....as it reminds me of you, thinking about Nrith;):p

sadbaby.jpg

Okay, Blazey! :D

he isn't even posting as far as I know, so that don't seem relevant. (are you trolling me!?!?) I haven't said a thing about him lately. I just sit back and watch others do so.

He isn't the issue. The point is that the tags can be removed. I find many of them funny. The point of whether they are useful or not is meaningless. Who finds every part of the site useful?

To me, the tags are interesting because people have to say something in a very limited space. Some are just crude, and don't make me laugh, but others are clever. So I think that makes them "useful".

(are you trolling me!?!?) ".

I do it out of luv 4 U x:p

(
The point is that the tags can be removed. I find many of them funny. The point of whether they are useful or not is meaningless. Who finds every part of the site useful?

To me, the tags are interesting because people have to say something in a very limited space. Some are just crude, and don't make me laugh, but others are clever. So I think that makes them "useful".

but still.....make people accountable for them!

look i will make a new tag for this thread. pls guess which one.

some of them are about me! I usually laugh.

This is the Internet. You can't control every aspect of it. Karin, you have a life and I would expect you to have a little more perspective on this. I don't know what you are trying to protect the site from or who you are trying to preserve it for. As long as I have been aware, way back when my nose was 100% clean, much of the most interesting stuff here was caused by what you are calling trolling.

Na I do not agree, its not a case of protecting the site, I personally find most of the abusive tagging boring and childish, that is my view which I am entitled to as you are to yours. I just do not like it.

Tags
because i like tags cage match free nugz i still lubs blazey keep em keep the tags! leave robby alone! nrith defends tags alot shut down the site now! stop whining!!!! tags hurt my feelings they're fun will this war ever end? yankees = ws champs 2009
Back
Top Bottom