The Joe Biden Appreciation Thread

Nice thread, nugzie :cool:

His 1st wife and baby daughter were killed in a car accident a few weeks after the 1972 election. He considered quitting politics but was persuaded not to, instead being sworn into office at the bedside of his critically injured sons. He was a single father for five years and left standing orders that he be interrupted in the Senate at any time if his boys called. In remembrance of the accident, Biden does not work on each December 18.

He already had my vote and he certainly has my 'pity' vote. :o;):)

p.s. thanks Wiki :p

When that bloodless ghoul, Rudy Giuliani, was running for president, Joe came up with my favorite kill line:

"There's only three things he mentions in a sentence - a noun, a verb and 9/11."

That rocked.

If only he could come up with something that pithy for Palin or McCain, we'd be in better shape.

PITTSBURGH--No word on whether they made any crank calls to one of the McCain homes.

But even as Barack Obama and Joe Biden were getting to know each other better, the younger members of the families were doing the same through that familiar childhood event, the sleepover.

So said Barack Obama outside an ice cream shop in Aliquippa, Pa., this afternoon in response to reporter's question on the mood of the new Democratic ticket.

"You know, our families have just really hit it off," Obama said. "We had some of his grandkids over for a sleepover with Malia and Sasha and they- they just had a great time. I'm absolutely convinced that Joe Biden is the right person to help move this country in the direction where working families have a shot."

An Obama press aide said a few of the Biden grandchildren stayed the night together with the Obama girls at a hotel suite on Tuesday, the night before Biden delivered his speech to the convention.

I think that is cute.

oh snap, Biden kicking asssss at a rally in Michigan right now. talking about McCain being the same as Bush, he said the sequel is always worse than the original. you go, Joe!!! :guitar::guitar::guitar:

oh snap, Biden kicking asssss at a rally in Michigan right now. talking about McCain being the same as Bush, he said the sequel is always worse than the original. you go, Joe!!! :guitar::guitar::guitar:

:guitar:
McCain and Palin ARE the same as Bush! No more Mr. nice guy, Joe... forget about pigs and pitbulls in lipstick…they’re in heels!! :mad: :D

I saw this picture and it inspired me to start this thread. I love Joe, whos with me!!

2858647534_bae70cbf9c.jpg

awwwwwwwwwww :sweet:

is that his wife? she's a bit... ummm... black, is she not?

Biden is a complete scumbag, the man behind VAWA, a federal law based on a false statistic and one that is completely biased and unfair. He gets not love from me.

Fun fact: John McCain is an opponent of VAWA and voted against it back when he was a senator.

I'm glad he's leading the polls.

wow , the man that thinks women just think about shopping is against VAWA

what a shock.

He is against VAWA because it is an unjust and biased law. It's the reason why 90% of the arrests in domestic violence situations are men, yet national studies have cited empirical evidence that women are responsible for over 50% of domestic violence as the aggressors. It doesn't add up, and people who have half a brain realize why: VAWA.

Violence is violence and should be punished according to the law. We don't need biased laws that cite special circumstances and conditions based on gender, sexuality, religion etc. Especially not one as corrupt and misguided as this one.

He is against VAWA because it is an unjust and biased law. It's the reason why 90% of the arrests in domestic violence situations are men, yet national studies have cited empirical evidence that women are responsible for over 50% of domestic violence as the aggressors. It doesn't add up, and people who have half a brain realize why: VAWA.

Violence is violence and should be punished according to the law. We don't need biased laws that cite special circumstances and conditions based on gender, sexuality, religion etc. Especially not one as corrupt and misguided as this one.

you're angry about not getting to have sex with women, aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom