The Smiths Official YT: "What Difference Does It Make?" - TOTP '84 (January 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210120-162608~2.png

(Perhaps a nod to the debated release date? I remember buying it on the Monday back then, but what do I know!?).
Regards,
FWD.

I reckon why is this on the main page tossey wacker tit mate? The California Son with his fake glasses that Steve Street made him wear all drugged up on meth and scopolamine that Steve Street kept injecting him with when he was kidnapped after he strayed from Chrissie Hynde. I reckon no wonder why the California Son hates Brittin and the smiths. Having watched this just for 10 seconds really shows what a shitty band the smiths were and what a joke the Oregon Son is as a guitarist. I reckon thank St Patrick the California Son was rescued and brought back home to Moz Angeles in 1987 c*** winding up mate chipper curry northern base inn nn n nnnnn n nnn it.

Fark Arse

I recon that Crisssse Heinz is the CS son, she’s kidnapped him and the snapper from the Whally range, n she now steals all his back katolog like ... louder than war....
Auntie crissseeee now even trudges through graveyards with ma4kindonnas ex bitch , titting each other then go for greeesse burgers, then she lets CS out for pub gigs in that shithole were Ammyy twinehouse drank it’s selff to deff.
Kamdon or sumfink
Ste roads made the CS son in 88
Wat did he get..... enough is tooo muchhh.... 1 per cent my Cumbrian asssss....
streeeet is roads aheed
Go back to your memawws nipple for sustenance ..... failing that Keith
The kebab shop is still open and you can still get some whiskey mash...

I agree too - I always thought it was about coming out to a straight friend (& confiding that you have feelings for them?) - then imagining that they're disgusted, call you all sorts of stuff and drop you like a hot brick.
Lyrically, it’s a very clever song, I still think it goes a bit deeper than what the three of us have discussed!!!
There is no mention about who is coming out to who??
Girl- to girl
Boy- to boy
Straight girl to gay lad
Gay lad- to straight girl
That’s my thoughts,
Not that I’m right...
but still a very clever lyric..
And the guitars... wellllll
One of my fave songs 😉

Lyrically, it’s a very clever song, I still think it goes a bit deeper than what the three of us have discussed!!!
There is no mention about who is coming out to who??
Girl- to girl
Boy- to boy
Straight girl to gay lad
Gay lad- to straight girl
That’s my thoughts,
Not that I’m right...
but still a very clever lyric..
And the guitars... wellllll
One of my fave songs 😉
Come on, it's Moz, it's gay/bi guy to straight guy. A straight girl wouldn't 'recoil' from a gay man and straight folk don't 'come out'. "All men have secrets and here is mine" is one of my favourite opening lines in any Moz/Smiths song, ever. No messing around, just gets straight to the point. Fantastic.

So surprised to hear that both Moz and Johnny dislike this song - crazy. I read once that M dislikes the lyrics for being cliched (?!) and feels his voice is flat. Which it is, I guess, but... makes no difference to me.

Last edited:
It's Moz... it's gay/bi guy to straight guy. "All men have secrets and here is mine" is one of my favourite opening lines in any Moz/Smiths song, ever. No messing around, just gets straight to the point. Fantastic.
All men who have secrets could also mean mankind, also meaning women, now try cramming all that into an opening line😬😬
I do see your view here, deffo..
But I shall still say “what different does it make”
And we even haven’t mentioned pre op/ after op trans gender yet???
In fact ..........
we could be all wrong here,
A Mexican stand off 😂😂😂😂😂

All men who have secrets could also mean mankind, also meaning women, now try cramming all that into an opening line😬😬
I do see your view here, deffo..
But I shall still say “what different does it make”
And we even haven’t mentioned pre op/ after op trans gender yet???
In fact ..........
we could be all wrong here,
A Mexican stand off 😂😂😂😂😂
How do you get past the "Here is mine" bit? :o. I'd love him to play this live, just once.

Come on, it's Moz, it's gay/bi guy to straight guy. A straight girl wouldn't 'recoil' from a gay man and straight folk don't 'come out'. "All men have secrets and here is mine" is one of my favourite opening lines in any Moz/Smiths song, ever. No messing around, just gets straight to the point. Fantastic.

So surprised to hear that both Moz and Johnny dislike this song - crazy. I read once that M dislikes the lyrics for being cliched (?!) and feels his voice is flat. Which it is, I guess, but... makes no difference to me.

I read some horrible reviews about his voice when he was in The Smiths - I think they hurt & he worked on it. I like his voice though & I haven't heard similar lyrics.

It does seem more likely it's about a guy telling a guy he loves him & getting dumped forever. He mention being dumped by a friend in school, so he has the experience.

How do you get past the "Here is mine" bit? :o. I'd love him to play this live, just once.
God , we’re two argumentative buggers ain’t we....
Just been listening to ,
My love I’d do anything for you.
The words seem very apt, as if moz knew what was coming, covid... n shit....
There was a moz release about 3-4 years back, can’t remember which one , but scratched on the end of the vinyl was ... trump will kill America,
He wasn’t wrong as their total is upto now is 400.000.
Cumbrian clown says eventually, toll will be around 4 million +
I’m thinking the etching was on queen is dead , I’m gonna check my LPs

I read some horrible reviews about his voice when he was in The Smiths - I think they hurt & he worked on it. I like his voice though & I haven't heard similar lyrics.

It does seem more likely it's about a guy telling a guy he loves him & getting dumped forever. He mention being dumped by a friend in school, so he has the experience.
4sake Karen now involved🤣🤣🤣
I’m having a discussion/ with far to many women here😄😄😄
God it’s been a while, Female
Company at last💋💋💋it’s been a while....
It’s about anyone gay,
Could even be a gay coming out to another gay.... ??

4sake Karen now involved🤣🤣🤣
I’m having a discussion/ with far to many women here😄😄😄
God it’s been a while, Female
Company at last💋💋💋it’s been a while....
It’s about anyone gay,
Could even be a gay coming out to another gay.... ??
I’ll tell you who can put this to bed...
The fat faced fish filleter from Flimby....
I’ve made him assess his sordid sex life, hence the hiatus...
Now I know this bores all solo fans, and I agree....
But the anons, and haters need to be, well filleted by me on solo, it’s what I do 😇
Has anyone heard of the fat faced f***er??
No you won’t....
he’s Just unleashed 12 gallon of piss on his granny’s sofa...
I shouldn’t really mock the inbred ,
The unfed, or council tax dodgers ,
But it’s all done in defence of us Morrissey lovers ....
VIVA HATE..........

My guess would be your wish will come true, probably next tour: it’s that or Ask I’d say—as the compulsory surprise.

I’ll tell you who can put this to bed...
The fat faced fish filleter from Flimby....
I’ve made him assess his sordid sex life, hence the hiatus...
Now I know this bores all solo fans, and I agree....
But the anons, and haters need to be, well filleted by me on solo, it’s what I do 😇
Has anyone heard of the fat faced f***er??
No you won’t....
he’s Just unleashed 12 gallon of piss on his granny’s sofa...
I shouldn’t really mock the inbred ,
The unfed, or council tax dodgers ,
But it’s all done in defence of us Morrissey lovers ....
VIVA HATE..........
Good to see you using imperial units.

What Difference Does It Make?
No, he never did that one solo and The Smiths never played it again after 1984.

Morrissey said he didn't like the song anymore after it was messed up on the debut album.
Ahh Thanks .i never really heard Moz song that... and he sings a lot of a Smiths👍🏼👍🏼😁😁

Good to see you using imperial units.
I’m far to young to understand your post😉I’m a mere slender slip of a lad of 31 , not stone ...
what’s your crack on what difference does it make....
I was hounded off the issue be solo’s
Very own Bananarama

I love the way he holds his wee arms up waiting for the cue.

I get cue anxiety. That awful moment when you're like, 'do I speak now'?

We had a show that will remain nameless & the actor missed a cue because he was hanging out of a window smoking a fag & the actress had to cover for it by pacing up & down & muttering for ages & when he finally got onstage (it was about 3 minutes - which feels like half an hour) - she forgot to adapt her line & said 'thank you for coming so quickly' - audience fell apart laughing, which was unfortunate because it was a serious scene about a death.

I also want Moz to sing it.
Moz sing me live what difference in live ...he will song...in the next tours...

Frank... where art thou Frank....
No more Shakespeare..again...
have you gone Queer..... not a snigger here ,
Are your Still trying to get off the beer.
In your life would you like to kick
Carlislebaz in the eye?

And if a double decker bus
Brings the both of us
To fight and fuss
In your town , I’ll bring you down ....

Never tangle with a true northern lad... Lad

Nothing’s changed I still love you..

Sweetie Pie💋💋💋

I love the way he holds his wee arms up waiting for the cue.

I get cue anxiety. That awful moment when you're like, 'do I speak now'?

We had a show that will remain nameless & the actor missed a cue because he was hanging out of a window smoking a fag & the actress had to cover for it by pacing up & down & muttering for ages & when he finally got onstage (it was about 3 minutes - which feels like half an hour) - she forgot to adapt her line & said 'thank you for coming so quickly' - audience fell apart laughing, which was unfortunate because it was a serious scene about a death.
Your saying nothing about the actor smoking a fag......
It was 4king hovis , wasn’t it Karen 🤫🤫🤫
Hovis I never knew you took to the stage, Mrs Worthington 😜

They already answered me thank you Carls
Chin, chin ......My friend😄

Call me morbid,
Call me pale...
when will the butcher prevail ....

If he had 5 seconds to spare ,
Then he’d skin you a young hare,
Then give you the Manchester stare.
He is still I’ll and he needs to be loved,
Just like any other butcher does....

You say it’s gonna happen now
Well, when exactly is his next post,
We are veggies and we need to be abused .... just like the vegans do....

The Butcher with covid in his side
His plight, he did not hide

He knew a place where we were not known ... and he gave me something I won’t get rid of for a long time, he said I’ll be I’ll for a long time ..
and he was not wrong....

Vivid and in hospital, the twat would leave meeeee behind 😷😷🤮🤮

Barbilla, barbilla ... mi amigo😄

Llámame morboso
Llámame pálido ...
cuando prevalecerá el carnicero ...

Si tuviera 5 segundos de sobra,
Entonces te despellejaría una joven liebre
Entonces mire a Manchester.
Él sigue siendo yo y necesita ser amado
Como cualquier otro carnicero ...

Dices que va a pasar ahora
Bueno, ¿cuándo exactamente es su próxima publicación?
Somos vegetarianos y necesitamos ser abusados ... al igual que los veganos ...

El carnicero con covid a su lado
Su difícil situación, no se escondió

Conocía un lugar donde no nos conocían ... y me dio algo de lo que no me deshaceré por mucho tiempo, dijo que estaré por mucho tiempo ...
y no se equivocó ...

Vivo y en el hospital, el idiota me dejaría atrás 😷😷🤮🤮
you're ok Carls??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom