Morrissey Central "TROUBLE LOVES ME" (April 3, 2021)

You can ask him yourself on Twitter. ;)
I don't like Twitter. I don't know Andrew Collins. He might think it was odd if I asked him out of the blue about Alain Whyte? I would feel too shy to ask him.

Have you read the stuff Paul Weller has said about Morrissey over the years? It is really nasty stuff and totally uncalled for because I think Morrissey is a fan of Paul Weller's group 'The Jam'.

I don't know anything much about James Blunt. I think he comes from quite a posh background. Not sure what his connection is with Morrissey?

The other guy you mentioned is a writer and broadcaster he works for the BBC. Not sure he has much connections with the music industry? I don't think it's about him trying to be cool he is a BBC man so he probably has to keep to the BBC line of thinking or risk losing his job.

I think the reason why some don't like Morrissey is to do with the racism stuff. Morrissey is NOT a racist at all but some people who don't really know him on a personal level believe him to be a racist or xenophobic or Islamaphobic or whatever. It is from what they have heard in the media. There is also the right-wing and alt right element. There is also the right-wing conspiracy theories and 'Truth' movement stuff. There was the 'Brexit' stuff. Morrissey is against mass immigration into Britain. There is the conservative and traditional element. I don't mean politically Conservative as in the Tory Party- I mean conservative with a small 'c' and traditional. Maybe someone like Damon Albarn doesn't want to associate himself with all that stuff? I don't think it is about Damon Albarn trying to be cool he is not a teenager anymore. Damon Albarn doesn't seem to understand why Morrissey has a home in California. It is like the "wrong think" stuff. If they think the wrong way they could be "cancelled" or have their careers ruined. There is a mainstream narrative that I think they have to follow on social media, the Internet and other forms of media. Morrissey explains it is to do with freedom of speech. I don't really understand it all.
Oh no, I can't believe I am actually replying to autistic Andrea. Anyway....for you and all the other sycophants. I can't and won't speak for public figures you (plural) bring up, just for myself and I think a few others here. The reason why some 'don't like Morrissey" is not the "racism stuff". It's just an easy excuse for the types of you and Karen to jump at the defense of your beloved, misunderstood God. It's because the shit he talks sometimes, on and offstage, the way he treats people, ridiculing others from a safe distance, and generally being an ass sometimes. The Breivik comment, the Spiegel fiasco, his total misfire on Tony Wilson about his "woman trapped in a man's body" quote and so on and on and on. Also - I hope this gets to your head and to others too. Despite all these things, I don't "don't like" Morrissey. I enjoy most of his records, he is a unique artist of our time, I appreciate the art he supplied over the years and will continue to do so. However, as we have free speech, everyone has the right to call him out when he speaks total crap, or to critisize him.

Oh no, I can't believe I am actually replying to autistic Andrea. Anyway....for you and all the other sycophants. I can't and won't speak for public figures you (plural) bring up, just for myself and I think a few others here. The reason why some 'don't like Morrissey" is not the "racism stuff". It's just an easy excuse for the types of you and Karen to jump at the defense of your beloved, misunderstood God. It's because the shit he talks sometimes, on and offstage, the way he treats people, ridiculing others from a safe distance, and generally being an ass sometimes. The Breivik comment, the Spiegel fiasco, his total misfire on Tony Wilson about his "woman trapped in a man's body" quote and so on and on and on. Also - I hope this gets to your head and to others too. Despite all these things, I don't "don't like" Morrissey. I enjoy most of his records, he is a unique artist of our time, I appreciate the art he supplied over the years and will continue to do so. However, as we have free speech, everyone has the right to call him out when he speaks total crap, or to critisize him.

You're calling someone autistic Andrea & then you have the audacity to question things Morrissey has said?

Seriously?
Tony Wilson seemed to hate Morrissey. I don't know the full extent of the hatred. I have seen some Tony Wilson interviews on YouTube he seemed to be very bitter with regards to Morrissey.

Tony Wilson has died now. They say not to speak ill of dead. Anything Morrissey might of said about Tony Wilson would have been when he was still alive and it would of been in self-defense. Pete Shelley, Mark E Smith and Joe Moss have also all died. There seemed to be hatred towards Morrissey from the Joy Division/New Order crew some of them to do with those bands have passed away now. There seemed to be hatred towards Morrissey from other "Factory" artists as well and those involved with Manchester's indie music scene.

I was thinking of making a list of all the haters of Morrissey over the years. Morrissey is a really lovely nice thoughtful person if they took the time to get to know him properly.

I don't like Twitter. I don't know Andrew Collins. He might think it was odd if I asked him out of the blue about Alain Whyte? I would feel too shy to ask him.

I don't think Andrew has said anything about Alain.

Seriously?
Have you watched the video of Wilson explaining the context of what he said? It was circulating in other threads some weeks ago. It's the classic situation where something was taken out of a wider context and Morrissey reacted in the heat of his anger. Funnily, in a reverse situation you guys defend M for the same thing - "his sentence was dragged out of context".

Have you watched the video of Wilson explaining the context of what he said? It was circulating in other threads some weeks ago. It's the classic situation where something was taken out of a wider context and Morrissey reacted in the heat of his anger. Funnily, in a reverse situation you guys defend M for the same thing - "his sentence was dragged out of context".

The wider context of that clip was him trying to justify gossiping about Morrissey's sexuality by saying his Dad was gay & bringing up an old theory that gay relationships are actually straight relationships because one of them is in the wrong body.

He was gibbering.

The wider context of that clip was him trying to justify gossiping about Morrissey's sexuality by saying his Dad was gay & bringing up an old theory that gay relationships are actually straight relationships because one of them is in the wrong body.

He was gibbering.
It's not an "old theory". He was quoting Proust if i'm not mistaken. This quote was attributed to him to which Morrissey retorted.

He doesn't though - his gallows humour is usually making a deeper point - you're just putting someone down.
You want to believe this. In fact Morrissey happens to hurt people for no reason, with failed humour.

It's not an "old theory". He was quoting Proust if i'm not mistaken. This quote was attributed to him to which Morrissey retorted.

Proust being a contemporary writer, aye?

Why was he quoting it in relation to Morrissey's sexuality?

You want to believe this. In fact Morrissey happens to hurt people for no reason, with failed humour.

Bollocks.

And you directly tried to hurt someone in your crass post so I don't know what your objection would be if it was true?

I have. Do you reckon he bothered to explain the context to Morrissey too? Do you think it would have made Morrissey less angry if he had? I doubt it.

It's funny how you lump everyone here who disagrees with something you said into a blurry bunch of "sycophants". And if someone criticises you for insulting people your excuse is 'Morrissey does it too', while criticising him for doing it. It's pretty silly.

Not that any of this actually matters and I'm already tired of my own rambling, but for what it's worth... I can only speak for myself, but I generally question everything Morrissey says. Repeatedly. Obsessively. Half the time I end up not agreeing with what he says. 50% of the remaining statements I, personally, would probably have phrased differently.

I don't see why that would matter though. It's not like he's my friend or a relative or somebody I have any influence on whatsoever. Most of the time I imagine I know why he says certain things in a certain way. I don't know if it's true of course, but there's a very consistent pattern. I can't see why I should get upset about anything he says though. It is what it is. It's always been a part of what makes him Morrissey and frankly it's probably an important part of why many people are fascinated by him.

So it's baffling for me to see someone upset about an angry retort Morrissey made some thirty years ago at Tony Wilson, with whom he had a lengthy personal history.

Last edited:
Tony Wilson seemed to hate Morrissey. I don't know the full extent of the hatred. I have seen some Tony Wilson interviews on YouTube he seemed to be very bitter with regards to Morrissey.

Tony Wilson has died now. They say not to speak ill of dead. Anything Morrissey might of said about Tony Wilson would have been when he was still alive and it would of been in self-defense. Pete Shelley, Mark E Smith and Joe Moss have also all died. There seemed to be hatred towards Morrissey from the Joy Division/New Order crew some of them to do with those bands have passed away now. There seemed to be hatred towards Morrissey from other "Factory" artists as well and those involved with Manchester's indie music scene.

I was thinking of making a list of all the haters of Morrissey over the years. Morrissey is a really lovely nice thoughtful person if they took the time to get to know him properly.

Why do you assume these people hate Morrissey, just because someone says they're not a big fan of his, it doesn't mean they hate him.

However, as we have free speech, everyone has the right to call him out when he speaks total crap, or to critisize him.

Yep. Everyone’s has the right to ‘call him out’ even if they’re not right, unfortunately. It’s just their view points and opinions, means little to nothing. I mean, it certainly never did or will ever change Morrissey.

Why do you assume these people hate Morrissey, just because someone says they're not a big fan of his, it doesn't mean they hate him.

So true. I don’t think anyone really ‘hates’ Morrissey. Take skinny for example.

I am 87% sure that Sam is in charge of Central.

I am 96% sure that Adobe has considered banning him from using photoshop as to make collages.

I am 724% sure that Central has, however, some basic rules written by Morrissey.

I am 895% sure that one of the main rules is a list of who are the ones who should never be named...

I am 1028% sure that Alain is not on that list...

So the post means something

Other than that, I think that Ketamine has 58% of chances of being right this time...

:rolleyes:

adobe has considered banning sam from making collages..?:crazy:

how many :handpointdown: of these have you imbibed?:crazy:

10675587842078.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom