Tucson, AZ - Fox Tucson Theatre (Apr. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Refunds available from the venue, email posted by baby j.
  • Morrissey Tucson show ends after 6 songs (3 photos by C. Elliot Photography) - tucson.com. Link from Mike.

Excerpt:

Fox Tucson Theatre Executive Director Craig Sumberg on Tuesday said they were negotiating with managers for Morrissey, 57, about possibly rescheduling the concert or giving refunds. There apparently was an agreement between the promoters and Morrissey's management that Monday's concert was not a "formal show," which could open the door for some sort of remedy, he said.

"The best for all concerned would be to reschedule the show," he said.

...Morrissey is set to play a sold-out show at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, April 12. A box office spokesman on Tuesday morning said that show is still on.

39879_tucson.jpg

• Video from baby J / YouTube, link from an anonymous person:

Last edited:
please Morrissey make at least one TEXAS gig. I keep getting my heart broken and it's getting tougher for me to fight one.

This was my first Morrissey concert, and I was happy (and sad) to be there.. watching him wither and fade in front of my eyes. May his voice and health be restored and may he get the rest he needs.
-------
Yet, and still we have:
Willie Mays stumbling around the outfield, Frazier pummeling Ali, sending him stumbling into the ropes.
-------
Finally, I say this with utter conviction; I've never left an Iron Maiden concert feeling the way I did last night.
Up The Irons.

After the amazing scenes of Mejico it's sad to see Morrissey in such a parlous way.
Moments like this must worry him about his longevity as a live act although it would have probably been wiser not to go ahead with the concert once he knew, but well we all know money talks and the retirement years await.....
If he cannot perform live, seems immune to any form of self-financed releases. no record deal, seemingly a lack of new material and won't even appear as a guest vocalist on a Guerrila's album all he has left is the power to proclaim his political incorrectness.
Oh and that MEN/O2/ Glastonbury show with Johnny Marr, obviously with a backing tape!

Incidentally I was at a Who gig when Daltrey's voice went about three-quarters of the way through. They gamely tried to continue - making the audience sing Magic Bus - but everyone knew the game was up and the tour was scrapped for 4 months, with dates immediately rescheduled.
Even a quarter of a Who concert is still longer than Morrissey is on stage. To be fair though Pete's monologues about writing Quadrophenia is longer than a Morrissey concert.

Reckon why don't all you bitchy whiny lots just buy a Southwest Super Saver ticket from whatever place you are from and see a concert in LA, San Diego, San Francisco...reckon LA would be top proper, but any city in California will do. He always plays long concerts in his home state and does all the Uncle Steve banter. Reckon by the by he can't over saturate California, but the Mexicans in Mexico will get sick of him so don't go to Mexico and get murdered or kidnapped. It would be so top mental! You could finally see all the Uncle Steve haunts... The Sunset Marquis, Calabasas Costco, Beverly Center, the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria, take the personal training power walk from Malibu-Zuma, go to a Dodger game, and maybe even hang out with lil' Sammy at the Viper Room.

Let me take a wild guess and say that those 6 songs lasted just over 30 minutes. 30 minutes is the minimum he needs to play without issuing refunds according to the contract. Moz should do what's right and refund the tickets but he'd rather stiff his fans than give up the cash. Follow the cash always with Moz. Vegan rider was too expensive for his crew too.

Looks like Dallas will be canceled for a third time in a row. I was lucky enough to never get a morrissey cancel for the first 5 times I saw him. Now it looks like 3 in a row. Maybe not though. We will see.
Yes but, Texas is essentially a massive piece of shit. Nothing good has ever happened there, in it's entire USA history. Unless of course you are pro rape, racism, ignorance and shit in your mouth. Why does anyone live there and why would anyone want to go there?!? (Austin maybe excluded)

He warned you all he wasn't well. Looks like we can only expect the worse..:eek:

Last edited:
Let me take a wild guess and say that those 6 songs lasted just over 30 minutes. 30 minutes is the minimum he needs to play without issuing refunds according to the contract. Moz should do what's right and refund the tickets but he'd rather stiff his fans than give up the cash. Follow the cash always with Moz. Vegan rider was too expensive for his crew too.

Yep you got it spot on manicboy. 6 is the magic number and that's why he sang song number six with his back turned to the audience in Warsaw before he walked off.
Not sure of ticket prices paid for this mini gig but it would be interesting to know what the cost per song worked out at for this latest highway robbery which was very professionally carried out.

"f*** Morrissey" t-shirt anyone ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The average entertainer would continue singin' in a real rickity manner. Did you really think Morrissey would continue singin' in a shabby manner? No dice. If it ain't right it ain't right. This is an artist of the highest standards.

It's so easy to criticise, some people here are just plain stupid. He lost his voice, for christ's sake, what should he do, lip-sinc?? It sucks he had to leave but shit happens sometimes, it is not his fault.

6 is the magic number and that's why he sang song number six with his back turned to the audience in Warsaw before he walked off.

Yeah, I remember that - classy move. He knew he was going to do a runner, but grudgingly got through one more song after the 'heckling' incident with his back turned, so he knew he could keep the cash when he legged it. He ain't dumb.

It's so easy to criticise, some people here are just plain stupid. He lost his voice, for christ's sake, what should he do, lip-sinc?? It sucks he had to leave but shit happens sometimes, it is not his fault.

Fair enough, just get the refund sorted pronto. :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yes but, Texas is essentially a massive piece of shit. Nothing good has ever happened there, in it's entire USA history. Unless of course you are pro rape, racism, ignorance and shit in your mouth. Why does anyone live there and why would anyone want to go there?!? (Austin maybe excluded)
It's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate it takes strength to be gentle and kind ....get real please

I live in Texas and I'm not pro any of those things. You sound like a very understand person to lump 27 million people into one giant category.

That's really sad.Poor Morrissey.I really hope he gets better soon.

This was my first Morrissey concert, and I was happy (and sad) to be there.. watching him wither and fade in front of my eyes. May his voice and health be restored and may he get the rest he needs.
-------
Yet, and still we have:
Willie Mays stumbling around the outfield, Frazier pummeling Ali, sending him stumbling into the ropes.
-------
Finally, I say this with utter conviction; I've never left an Iron Maiden concert feeling the way I did last night.
Up The Irons.
unlike a iron maiden gig you left with your hearing intact

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom