Was grunge the last great rock movement?

Breton La Villain

Now that it is 2020 music & culture in general has became boring.Looking back 30 years ago Smells Like Teen Sprite,hits the Radio and MTV Rock music was never better,music & culture was better,young people got into guitar music again and Buying music.If it was not for Grunge No Brit Pop or Oasis without it MTV would be meaningless and died.It seem after Nirvana Rock music has not had a major impact ever since.Most of what the White Stripes did was just take from old Blues and 60’s swing all was good,but it never had the same impact Grunge had.

Now that it is 2020 music & culture in general has became boring.Looking back 30 years ago Smells Like Teen Sprite,hits the Radio and MTV Rock music was never better,music & culture was better,young people got into guitar music again and Buying music.If it was not for Grunge No Brit Pop or Oasis without it MTV would be meaningless and died.It seem after Nirvana Rock music has not had a major impact ever since.Most of what the White Stripes did was just take from old Blues and 60’s swing all was good,but it never had the same impact Grunge had.
Hated Grunge and no disrespect to Nirvana but they just looked absolutely filthy, if you liked Morrissey in my opinion you didn't like grunge, I see no middle ground.

Shoegaze. Especially MBV they still have an impact on musicians to this day.

I also think MBV and the Pixies both very different, were the last to really do something new with rock guitar music.

Was curious and found this poll...

“25 years later I hear more shoegaze influences than grunge influences. IMHO a lot of the Post-Rock bands are definitely shoegaze influenced. You also have the Nu Gaze bands. Grunge seems to have fallen out of favor after the barrage of 3rd rate Post-Grunge bands.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom