What are you watching on YouTube right now?

Um...
Wasn't expecting this from Sir Tom.
I think he spent the day in bed!?
FWD.

I've been walking in Kathmandu. Their roads are shocking. I saw fewer potholes on the moon landings.

not on YouTube... ‘Finding Fame’
a good doc on Bowie’s rise to Ziggy

Calculating Ada.

A fascinating documentary about Ada Lovelace now recognised as the writer of the first computer program as far back as 1843, but unacknowledged at the time. She was the only legitimate daughter of Lord Byron but never saw him after a very young age because her mother wanted to keep her away from his poetic and wayward tendencies, and instead, forced her into studying the sciences and mathematics, which she excelled at. She was very close friends with Charles Babbage (initially) but he snubbed her when she made suggestions for his analytical machine. She then too to gambling on the horses to try to find a version of the machine herself, but got into serious debt. She took ill from cancer of the womb and died at 36, the same age as her father had died. As a final snub to her mother, she asked to be buried next to her father. She went largely forgotten until Alan Turin bought her ideas to the fore again when he built his decoding machine at Bletchley Park. She is now recognised as having written the first computer program, and the ADA program of 1986,named in her honour is still used by air traffic control. The end credits say 'she finally got to fly'

Not sure how to feel about this.
A host of 'stars', watchable, but Gary Barlow...
Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom