What happenned to the 10/27 hammerstein show in nyc?

baby j

does anyone know what happenned with the show @ the hammerstein on the 27th. ticketmaster no longer has tickets for sale to this show!!! has it been cancelled? i can't imagine it was the only show to sell-out. yesterday i noticed only the discount tickets were for sale. now, nothing is for sale!

i say they sold out whatever TM had to sell, though more may come available...

sell-out would be possible if there was some kind of mad rush for tix. but they still had floor tix on sunday. so i'm sure there were plenty of balcony seats. it was one of the shows i was watching everyday while waiting for someone to discover the password for the discount tix. (btw, thanx a whole lot to the person who did. i was in a constant email with live nation to try to figure it out. and they kept insisting ticketmaster had the password. and ticketmaster insisted live nation did. what a mess!!!) and i just don't think that many peeps would all of a sudden buy up all those tix at full price on sunday, cause the password didn't come out till yesterday. especially since the even more discounted tix for the 23rd had already been announced. and everyone moaned and groaned about how expensive the tix were in the first place. i think something more is up. i hope it's just a glitch with ticketmasters, and not a cancellation. but the discounted tix offers does suggest poor sales. and that can mean a cancellation.

Looks like they are sold out for Saturday @ ticketmaster, and also for Tuesday, at very least out of the 22 sale price tickets, I didn't try the full price ones. This whole thing is a fiasco, way too expensive to begin with. Luckily I got in with the 22 tix.

Fiasco???

people on here just need to chill.

nothing major is happening...whatever tickets TM had, they ran out of them. More may come, or maybe they won't..keep on checking in the coming days and weeks.

Looks like they are sold out for Saturday @ ticketmaster, and also for Tuesday, at very least out of the 22 sale price tickets, I didn't try the full price ones. This whole thing is a fiasco, way too expensive to begin with. Luckily I got in with the 22 tix.

$22 tickets still available

who's not calm!? i will remain calm in the mist of this "fiasco???" i only wish to point out the strange way these tickets were pulled from being sold. as with every other show that has ever sold out on ticketmaster(and you can try this as i did when i just pretended i wanted tickets to springteen's first concert in nj), you still get the purchase page, the enter the word in the box page, and then the "no tickets are available". it's the very same thing if you try to buy the 5-day pass to morrissey. what ticketmaster has done is different from the way it handles sold out shows. so we shall all wait patiently, and see what happens next. like i said before, it could just be a glitch in the system. but it's not the way ticketmaster lists a sold out show.

Last edited:
I think it sucks that the people who bought early pay for their devotion and timely purchase.... but I think it's well worth the full price i paid for each ticket anyhow. just sucks cause I need money and would have waited for sure.

I think it sucks that the people who bought early pay for their devotion and timely purchase.... but I think it's well worth the full price i paid for each ticket anyhow. just sucks cause I need money and would have waited for sure.

backed.

i disagree...obviously prices dropped because sales were poor and they want to fill the venue. there is no way to know ... and if everyone waited, there would be no show.

furthermore, some people are willing to pay $65, some are not. you obviously were willing. now prices are lowered to get those who were not.

everyone has their priorities.

The problem is morrissey often overcharges for his shows. sure you may throw around a band like u2 who charges more, but there is a high demand for U2...they can sell tickets for over $100 and fill a stadium...

i say morrissey doesn't have a high demand in the US, so he should encourage people to attend by giving a good price (and album). He doesn't do that.

In the uk i take it he has more demand so he doesn't have this problem. I say a good price for morrissey in the US, and one that still allows him to be greedy and take it to the bank, is around $35-45.

I find it very amusing that you think Morrissey has one dot of control over what the ticket price is. That's between the promoter and the venue. Moz is just The Talent.

--jeniphir

I find it very amusing that you think Morrissey has one dot of control over what the ticket price is. That's between the promoter and the venue. Moz is just The Talent.

--jeniphir

um...yes he does. to a certain extent of course he does. You telling me a band has no control if the promoter/venue decides to sell tickets for $500...or $1.

jeez...if it could make morrissey look bad, it's obviously not his fault.

Besides... if his name is attached to it, it is his responsibility. Thus Morrissey is overcharging for his shows.

i disagree...obviously prices dropped because sales were poor and they want to fill the venue. there is no way to know ... and if everyone waited, there would be no show.

furthermore, some people are willing to pay $65, some are not. you obviously were willing. now prices are lowered to get those who were not.

everyone has their priorities.

well i don't look at it that way at all. I will be in the same show at the same time and I think it's crap that I have to pay more cause I have different priorities...

All of the Hammerstein shows on TM are now listed as:
Morrissey with: Kristeen Young.
I sure hope this doesn't mean she will join him in stage! :eek:
All of the other remaining shows just say: Morrissey.

um...yes he does. to a certain extent of course he does. You telling me a band has no control if the promoter/venue decides to sell tickets for $500...or $1.

I just know what my experience is, having a husband who is also a The Talent. The Talent sets his price to appear and gets it (it's not like Moz is working a percentage-of-the-door deal!); if anyone wants to make money off the show they have booked into their venue, they do so by selling tickets at prices that make them a profit over what they've paid to hire The Talent.

Given that Moz is now Moz, Inc. and has tons of folks to pay as employees, it would seem certain that the price to have Morrissey play at yr venue is a good bit more than an artist with less overhead (and a good bit less than an artist with more overhead). Why do you think tickets for Madonna's last show were in the $100 - $500 range? It ain't cheap to hire Madonna, Inc. to come put on a show at yr venue, so you pass along the cost to yr customers, plus a little extra for yr profit.

So, yes, indirectly, Morrissey (or any artist) has some effect on what the ticket price is, it's not as if he says, "I will play at XYZ SuperDome on Rocktober 37th, and the tickets will cost $73.31."

It's just the nature of the beast. That's why when a band like Pearl Jam insists that the tickets for their shows be cheaper than average, it's news.

--jeniphir

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom