What should be the last song Morrissey ever plays?

You know what the question is?

• Don't Blow Your Own Horn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suffer Little Children

• Reel Around the Fountain

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • How Soon is Now?

• Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • There is a Light that Never Goes Out

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • Shoplifters of the World Unite

• Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I Won't Share You

• Now My Heart is Full

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Speedway

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • You Know I Couldn't Last

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • At Last I Am Born

• Last song on last album (assuming ROTT isn't his last)

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters

Kuiper

Better than Marr
The topic is simple enough. What do you think the last song Morrissey should ever play be, like at a farewell concert?

i don't want to think about that!!!!! i haven't seen him live yet!!!!
ps
do any of you know what's up with the winter tour? i remember some idiot posted fake dates a couple of weeks ago (unfortunately that got me excited). is he going to have any US dates in 2007??? because, I have to know, going from Toronto to NY is neither cheap nor easy!

Easy. One-time performance of "My Way"/"Oh Well, I'll Never Learn" medley seguing into "Paint A Vulgar Picture"-- played by Johnny Marr-- which is, of course, cut short by a stage invasion (though we hope not a staged invasion).

There Is A Light The Never Goes Out!!!!!

EASY Choice

Hope it'll be Now My Heart Is Full. It's one of his most beautiful songs and I want him to be happy.. in the end. And.. he doesn't have to explain:)

"rubber ring"

isn't this the obvious choice?

What A horrible thought, the last song ever by Morrissey. Doesn't bear thinking about, so this is one poll I won't be participating in!

isnt "Disappointed" the obvious choice?!

Yes it is! Changing the lyrics for the last time I guess... to "This is the last song I will ever sing. No, I don't change my mind. Farewell and thank you" or something.
Personally I think "Get off the stage" would be very morrisseyesque. And true.

There is a light that never goes out!!!!!

Yeah, sorry, Rubber Ring and Disappointed are great choices. The former never occurred to me, but the latter struck me the second I posted the poll. I generally went for choices that were more fitting because of their status (for example, Reel Around the Fountain as the first song on the first album) rather than their content. I'll submit a superior list to the main page of Morrissey-Solo right away.

EDIT: I just noticed that Hand in Glove isn't on the poll. I could've sworn I put it on there. Oh well.

Last edited:
how soon is now? it makes sense to end the last ever gig with the best song ever

There is a light that never goes out

or

Rubber ring

Strange that the latter one is not proposed in the poll

I think the last song should be, Stop me if you think youve heard this one before. I reckon it would be quite humerous

I voted There is a Light, but there are som many that will fit.
A wonderful end would be if he played this encore:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Speedway (The wonderful "I never said that they were unfounded" admittance)
Paint A Vulgar Picture (To sum it all up)
Asleep (so we can cry I tear)
Disappointed (perfect ending!)

ASLEEP FER CHRISSAKES.......asleep takes my vote for the saddest song ive ver heard, it has been the last song on every moz/smiths mix tape/cd i ever made, and i definitly want it played at my funeral, like someone once said

Back
Top Bottom