What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

Thursday Next: First Among Sequels - Jasper Fforde.

Wickedly clever, and all about books. The whole series has been a joy to read. It's a perfect combination of sci-fi and lit-nerd escapism.

Next up is Cormack McCarthy's The Road. I figure I'd better get in a few quality laughs before I plunge into despair...

I just finished The Resurrectionist. Incidentally, if they make a movie out of this book, Daniel Craig would be a great Sweeney.

This is what I'm reading now:

tethered-cover-250x380.jpg

Liqour by Poppy Z Brite & finding it hard to read a book by her without serial killer characters in it.
Also, being a Monday my regular gossip magazines NW & Grazia

I finished Tethered today and started this:

26914955.JPG

uk_first_hb_midi.jpg

Just finished Chocolat last night. It was such a good book! It's about a single mother and her daughter who moved to a fictional French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes to open a chocolate shop and plans a chocolate festival on Easter, to the priest's disapproval. It's like "Willy Wonka for grownups," but it's full of friendship, romance, and the obsession of chocolate.
It's also the second book I've read by Joanne Harris, first Blackberry Wine.

Millionaire: The Philanderer, Gambler, and Duelist Who Invented Modern Finance by Janet Gleeson

uk_first_hb_midi.jpg

Just finished Chocolat last night. It was such a good book! It's about a single mother and her daughter who moved to a fictional French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes to open a chocolate shop and plans a chocolate festival on Easter, to the priest's disapproval. It's like "Willy Wonka for grownups," but it's full of friendship, romance, and the obsession of chocolate.
It's also the second book I've read by Joanne Harris, first Blackberry Wine.

Oh, Chocolat is such a gorgeous book, I loved it. :) The only other book by Joanne Harris I have read is Blackberry Wine, like you, except I read them in the opposite order. I've got a view more waiting to be read. The next one by Joanne I'm going to read is ''Five Quarters Of The Orange''.

Though at the moment I am reading Generation X by Douglas Coupland.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom