Which Smiths Song should Morrissey start play next

Which Smiths song do you want Morrissey to play live? (The most, that is)

• This Charming Man

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • What Difference Does It Make?

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Ask

• Shelia Take A Bow

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I Started Something I Couldn't Finish

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Reel Around The Fountain

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • You've Got Everything Now

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Miserable Lie

• Well I Wonder

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I Know It's Over

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Unloveable

• Asleep

• You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby

• Total voters

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
Now that The Queen Is Dead and The Boy With A Thorn In His Side have been resurrected, which Smiths song do you want to hear live next?

for some reason id like him to bust out "that joke isnt funny anymore" or "i know it's over", so i can have a huge sobfest at the show. not that i wont anyway..

oh, and as always, he needs to play "there is a light", but i doubt he will :(

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, best The Smiths son ever. Miseralbe Lie would be ace too.

I went with Reel Around the Fountain and it was tough. Well I Wonder is a great choice. Miserable Lie would be interesting to see how he would do it.

With Michael he could do the a version that is similar to the Troy Tate version with the piano.

I just think it would sound fantastic and it would send me right back to 1983 to a place I've never been.

I went with Reel Around the Fountain and it was tough. Well I Wonder is a great choice. Miserable Lie would be interesting to see how he would do it.

With Michael he could do the a version that is similar to the Troy Tate version with the piano.

I just think it would sound fantastic and it would send me right back to 1983 to a place I've never been.

So hard to choose, but I chose I Know It's Over..cause it's the most brilliant thing The Smiths did (Arguably)...

I forgot to include I Won't Share You or Death Of A Disco Dancer...

There's just so many to chose from...

Miserable Lie would be classic....

And any of the ones he's never done with The Smiths (Shelia, I Started Something, Well I Wonder, Unloveable, or You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby) would be excellent too

for some reason id like him to bust out "that joke isnt funny anymore" or "i know it's over", so i can have a huge sobfest at the show. not that i wont anyway..

oh, and as always, he needs to play "there is a light", but i doubt he will :(

did you go to any of the NY shows in 04?

He played it there. The best ones were when it was the final song and they did it like the M in Manchester video where each person left the stage one at a time. That was at the Apollo.

I also saw him do it live in 02 but it was much better with the keys.

I chose Sheila, but I want him to dance like in top pf the pops :D
Anyway,
my real choice would have been I Don't Owe You Anything, but I know he will never sing it again :( (unless Marr decides so, when they tour)

I chose Sheila, but I want him to dance like in top pf the pops :D
Anyway,
my real choice would have been I Don't Owe You Anything, but I know he will never sing it again :( (unless Marr decides so, when they tour)

I didn't want to throw anything in obscure that we know he'd Never play...or I'd have put Wonderful Woman and Back To The Old House on there :)

"oscillate wildly"

did you go to any of the NY shows in 04?

He played it there. The best ones were when it was the final song and they did it like the M in Manchester video where each person left the stage one at a time. That was at the Apollo.

I also saw him do it live in 02 but it was much better with the keys.

noo, i didnt. i was in college at the time and was completely broke. the little money i did have, i spent on beer. although i had a friend who went to 4 shows around that time, and he was like "omg, he closed with there is a light" and i was like "omg, i hate youuuu"

plus, back then my moz obsession wasnt quite to the point it is now. i wasnt prepared to sell everything i owned to get money, as i would be now. but luckily, i actually have a job, and wont have to get that desperate. :) and yes, i often watch the M in Manchester dvd and pretend i was there...

I voted for I Know It's Over. To me it's a perfect song that should be played forever.

I voted for I Know It's Over. To me it's a perfect song that should be played forever.

Anyone else think That "How Soon Is Now" should be shelved unto Morrissey is playing nightly in Vegas?

ASLEEP

I know, he'll never do it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Handsome Devil, What She Said or I Won't Share You. I'd say Still Ill but only with Johnny Marr. Tomorrow I'd probably pick three different songs ...

Both I Know It's Over & That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore stand an excellent chance since Morrissey tends to pick songs that were played in 1986 or recorded after 1986

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, I love that song so much. I thought I'd never the Boy with the thorn in his side so I suppose anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom