“Magic Mike” Star Joe Manganiello to Star in Film About Punk Rock Group The Smiths - Showbiz411

Crikey, what ever happened to that Brit B film "Stevie" or whatever it was called. At least we can say Morrissey is a loyal patriotic American. Anonymous-

Re: Exclusive “Magic Mike” Star Joe Manganiello to Star in Film About Punk Rock Group The Smiths

grandma pogo? kidding. Yeah,guess it's how one is to define 'punk' which can vary.

Agreed.

I'm just talking about punk bands and the Smiths were not one of them.

Not sure about that but it's on sky news that morrissey has recieved a substantial payment for allowing Smiths songs to be in the film

weird because in auto he says they sold them, the rights. maybe theres some sort addendum or clause for specific usage but it sounds kinda weird especially as it never seems to mention johnny as if he doesnt have an equal share or influence being the co writer. always just seems to mention morrissey when it come to the finances of the smiths

Anyone on here got any Budgies?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

weird because in auto he says they sold them, the rights. maybe theres some sort addendum or clause for specific usage but it sounds kinda weird especially as it never seems to mention johnny as if he doesnt have an equal share or influence being the co writer. always just seems to mention morrissey when it come to the finances of the smiths

https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

Anyone on here got any Budgies?

Here we go again ! Yet another imposter !
I take it as a compliment that they want to be me
Budgies ! L M A O

Re: Exclusive “Magic Mike” Star Joe Manganiello to Star in Film About Punk Rock Group The Smiths

No they weren't a punk band in the 70's,but to my definition they could be viewed(at least by me) as a punk band of the 80's. I define punk as : to go against the current trends,etc,to see things differently and with that vision (conscious of it or not ) to move forward.

Though having said that,they could be considered punk at any time considering their art (standing apart from the norm). :)

Yes but punk was not just about going against the norm. It as about not giving a flying f*** about melody, knowing how to play your instruments well or caring much about anything other than stirring the pot with a big f***ing shovel and then is died because it had already served it's purpose.

If a mate says what good punk bands should I listen to do you really hand him a copy of The Smiths?

Lots of love and respect for that Calamine. Why anyone would try to be me is a win, win ,win all round.

Keep it real !

Keep it brand !

You all know a true BtBB post when you see them.

"Hit the North ! "

Last edited by a moderator:

" It as about not giving a flying f*** about melody, knowing how to play your instruments well or caring much about anything other than stirring the pot with a big f***ing shovel '' = going against the norm. Meaning that punk was created by people who didn't want to play the same old thing.. to go against the norm of the day.

"If a mate says what good punk bands should I listen to do you really hand him a copy of The Smiths?''

Well,it depends on what they are use to,what extreme can they handle. If they listen to Adele, I don't think I'd start them off with Whitehouse(though that would be a very 'punk' thing to do). But to ease them into some good music (a kind of gate way to harder/obvious punk).. yes,then maybe I would hand them a copy of the Smiths.(which would be pretty punk compared to the safer music they listen to) :)

I fell like we're talking in circles now but thanks for the chat :)

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom