Morrissey Central "100th ANNIVERSARY OF HMV" (July 14, 2021)

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date

100th ANNIVERSARY OF HMV​

July 14, 2021
Screenshot_20210713-181622_Gallery_jcsdio.jpg

Celebrating 100 years of HMV, Morrissey's "Bona Drag" is number 5 in a list of special re-issues.
This limited edition comes in teal coloured vinyl, and includes a poster. There are two discs, plus photographs taken 30 years ago by Linder Sterling in Hoxton Square in London, and also a famous shot of Morrissey taken by Margaret Sison at Hollywood High School on Sunset Boulevard from the same period.
The album includes 7 UK hit singles, plus 6 tracks only recently available.

"You need courage to put your life into song … and in Bona Drag … there is my life."

-Morrissey, 2021.

The new "Bona Drag" is available on July 24.

Related item:
Media item:

Moz please share with us some theme of Bonfire.Oh Moz I think it's time,. I can't wait eh
VAMOZ!!!!!!!

(y)

NO 5 INCREDIBLE SALES RECORD
BY MOZ!
All top Moz fans/collectors have this item
on the way!

:hammer:
Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy: :unsure:
HMV makes a list of multiple album reissues for their 100th anniversary and Bona Drag is 5th on the list of this reissues and not "No.5 incredible sales record". doh:
Stop spreading fake news! :poop:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊 :fish:

You know what would make me excited? Seeing a legit rip of that Your Arsenal “for your consideration” bonus CD with the full, extended version of There Speaks A True Friend. This still hasn’t turned up anywhere. I love that song so much. @Famous when dead - do you have that photo of said disc archived anywhere? I remember seeing it in the downloads section years ago.
The Rhino reference disc?

15apn4.jpg

(Luckily Irregular Regular saved the Ebay image - this is the only image of it kicking around).
Yes, There Speaks... remains the only one not shared from this - one day hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.

Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy: :unsure:
HMV makes a list of multiple album reissues for their 100th anniversary and Bona Drag is 5th on the list of this reissues and not "No.5 incredible sales record". doh:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊 :fish:

Central's information isn't correct to begin with.

FWD.

NME: Morrissey announces special reissue of ‘Bona Drag’

Really dislike warped information.
So, for those in the future reading this:
HMV announced the record's use for their event on June 17.
This site carried the story on June 17.
Central made a post on June 26 (where they failed to mention 750 copies only - so not a true re-issue) and then again on July 14 (with nonsense about being number 5 - which is factually incorrect as they didn't bother reading the prior HMV article).
So no, Morrissey isn't 'announcing' anything, HMV did so a month ago.
The above isn't some form of cathartic rant, it's designed for people who actually are using search tools, look at articles for misinformation & the such.
Let's not forget the last HMV product (Vauxhall & I) wasn't even mentioned by Central until 17 days after it was announced and then sold - managing only a comment on its charting.
Petty, but accurate,
FWD.

The Rhino reference disc?

View attachment 74207

(Luckily Irregular Regular saved the Ebay image - this is the only image of it kicking around).
Yes, There Speaks... remains the only one not shared from this - one day hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.

Hmmmm… why do I keep thinking of it as “extended version”? If it’s an alternate version as listed there that makes it even more exciting! Surely someone must have it sitting on a hard drive somewhere? Oh the frustration.

Hmmmm… why do I keep thinking of it as “extended version”? If it’s an alternate version as listed there that makes it even more exciting! Surely someone must have it sitting on a hard drive somewhere? Oh the frustration.
I don't think you're wrong.
I was under the impression that this was the version without the abrupt ending - asserted to be about 59 seconds longer IIRC.
Regards,
FWD.

Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊
:rolleyes:

NOT AN IOTA OF TROLL SENSE
do you need a reading lesson FFS?
ITS SOLD OUT BEFORE EVEN
GOING ON SALE!! ALL UNITS
OF THE ITEMS HAVE SOLD
why do you think its 5 on the HMV list?:lbf:

NOT AN IOTA OF TROLL SENSE
do you need a reading lesson FFS?
ITS SOLD OUT BEFORE EVEN
GOING ON SALE!! ALL UNITS
OF THE ITEMS HAVE SOLD
why do you think its 5 on the HMV list?:lbf:
It has not sold out as there are no preorders being taken ( i work for hmv in newcastle ) its first come , first served on the morning at all stores , only 1 per person . They have kept some back i believe for the website but they dont go live until 4pm on the day.
I cannot say how many we are getting at our store but its not a great deal and we are one of the biggest stores so smaller stores will get less. If u r after one then best bet is to head down pre opening and Q

HEY DUMBO....🎓

IT HAS NOT SOLD OUT 💰

AND NO PRE ORDERS TAKEN 🧱

How many more times to you need to be 4king told 🛎

Stick to collecting Hog shit
For fire fuel...

And Quit thinking your a
NME journo 🚧🚧🚧

Another Top 10 charting (#5) sold out special edition re-issue, by the sound of it!!!

It has not sold out as there are no preorders being taken ( i work for hmv in newcastle ) its first come , first served on the morning at all stores , only 1 per person . They have kept some back i believe for the website but they dont go live until 4pm on the day.
I cannot say how many we are getting at our store but its not a great deal and we are one of the biggest stores so smaller stores will get less. If u r after one then best bet is to head down pre opening and Q
O SO there are NO PREORDERS its first come first serve only 1 per person BUT:lbf:
"I BELIEVE" > BELIEF=FAITH NOT
FACT(n)
some have been "kept back" for 'qoute unquote'>THE SO CALLED WEBSITE:)
Peeps please interpret above.;)
all TRUE MOZ SUPER FAN/COLLECTOR
ARE SECURE IN THEIR COPIES:)

NO COPIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO SAD SACK TROLL FANS.(n)

please observe and read:handpointdown:
Green vinyl
BonaDrag 2021 Authentic Cred Collector Fane Edition?
what about it you say?
SOLD OUT!:lbf:
not on sale you but?????
SOLD OUT(y)

65385_fc226d21b8d5571feb6dff9de1d50e2c.jpeg

Nice to hear Morrissey speak of Bona Drag fondly, rather than damning those early years as being hard to think about.

So there is nothing on here this wasn't on the 2010 reissue is that correct ?

Re-issue, re-package, constantly quote Paint A Vulgar Picture, the usual deal.

Re-issue, re-package, constantly quote Paint A Vulgar Picture, the usual deal.
repackaging of that quote is worse than the reissues

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom