1980's 'Smash Hits' scans

Evil Legal Eagle

Lawyer / Liar
Just spent the day helping my mum clear out her attic because she's having new insulation put in on Tuesday.

Anyway, I came across a box full of stuff that used to be on my bedroom wall back in the nineteen haties, some of which is of course M related.

All but one of the clippings is from the now defunct 'Smash Hits' magazine. The Marr interview is from 'No.1' magazine (remember that??).

The final picture is of me playing my drums in my bedroom (in 1985!!). On the wall behind me you can see some of the clippings in situ!! On the far right hand side of the picture, just peeking out over the check shirt hanging on my bunk beds is my ticket to the one and only Smiths gig I ever went to and which I still have to this day (and which I use as my Solo avatar).

Enjoy!

William.jpg

Morrissey.jpg

MeatisMurder.jpg

Shoplifters.jpg

Marr.jpg

SmashHits2.jpg

SmashHits1.jpg

Drummer.jpg

err, what's the answer to that question? I know I know it, but just can't remember at the mo!

Just spent the day helping my mum clear out her attic because she's having new insulation put in on Tuesday.

Anyway, I came across a box full of stuff that used to be on my bedroom wall back in the nineteen haties, some of which is of course M related.

Those are really nice. Now that you have them back, I assume they will be going back on your bedroom wall?...:)

Thanks for sharing, Evil. Nice trip down memory lane. I like Moz in that top pic.

p.s. I loved Donna Summer :)

I think that photo of you should be your avatar
rimshot1qt.gif
19hatey5 rawk! :cool:

Those are really nice. Now that you have them back, I assume they will be going back on your bedroom wall?...:)

I don't think my wife would allow that! She's already indulged me by allowing me to hang this over the marital bed...

Mozticketmontage.jpg

Those are all my tickets from the shows I went to on the spring 2006 UK Ringleader tour. I found the picture in the middle of the montage on a site called 'thereisalight.co.uk' and it shows me just seconds away from shaking M's hand at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall show (mine is the most prominent outstretched hand towards the bottom left hand corner of the picture).

All but one of the clippings is from the now defunct 'Smash Hits' magazine. The Marr interview is from 'No.1' magazine (remember that??).

The final picture is of me playing my drums in my bedroom (in 1985!!). On the wall behind me you can see some of the clippings in situ!! On the far right hand side of the picture, just peeking out over the check shirt hanging on my bunk beds is my ticket to the one and only Smiths gig I ever went to and which I still have to this day (and which I use as my Solo avatar).

Enjoy!

William.jpg

Morrissey.jpg

MeatisMurder.jpg

Shoplifters.jpg

Marr.jpg

SmashHits2.jpg

SmashHits1.jpg

Drummer.jpg

lolz, what a great post! It's lovely you kept this stuff. What are you going to do with it now? (Thank god your parents didn't take it to the charity shop.... was it your leather jacket that ended up there?)

lolz, what a great post! It's lovely you kept this stuff. What are you going to do with it now? (Thank god your parents didn't take it to the charity shop.... was it your leather jacket that ended up there?)

It's going straight into my 'Moz Box' (which is exactly what you might expect it to be)!!

And, yes, it was my leather jacket that was given away by my mum. However, she didn't give it to a charity shop but to a homeless guy who used to attend the Accident & Emergency department where she worked.

It's going straight into my 'Moz Box' (which is exactly what you might expect it to be)!!

And, yes, it was my leather jacket that was given away by my mum. However, she didn't give it to a charity shop but to a homeless guy who used to attend the Accident & Emergency department where she worked.

Sorry, my memory is not what it used to be now that I'm 30.... :rolleyes:

I went through the same thing a few months ago when I moved house and I had to look through my teenage stuff. Loads of posters, articles, tapes by the Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees and Sisters of Mercy I found... :o Kept most of them. ;)

I think that photo of you should be your avatar
rimshot1qt.gif
19hatey5 rawk! :cool:

No way! The last time I used a picture of my 15 year-old self as my avatar (the first of the pictures I posted on the 'Morrissey Hair' thread), I was sexually propositioned by another (male) Moz Solo member because he thought that I looked very camp (which I did) and would therefore probably be up for 'a bit of fun'!

When I politely declined and drew his attention to the fact that my avatar picture was over 20 years old, he was quite incensed and started banging on about the Trade Descriptions Act!

No, I'll stick with my Smiths ticket avatar, thank you very much! :D

Re: 1980's 'Smash Hits' scans & Look-In 1984

I've just found the 31st Jan 1985 Smash Hits the Meat is Murder one with Morrissey's wee pussy cuddled in his red jacket (your 3rd pic down in your scans) also though is the Look-In mag from 24th March 1984 which only has The Smiths on the back cover (front cover is torvill & dean - ice cream makers or summat?). I think they are GU's coz I was routing through a cupboard, I mean tidying the house when I happened upon them.

smiths22.jpg

love

Grim

Re: 1980's 'Smash Hits' scans & Look-In 1984

I've just found the 31st Jan 1985 Smash Hits the Meat is Murder one with Morrissey's wee pussy cuddled in his red jacket (your 3rd pic down in your scans) also though is the Look-In mag from 24th March 1984 which only has The Smiths on the back cover (front cover is torvill & dean - ice cream makers or summat?). I think they are GU's coz I was routing through a cupboard, I mean tidying the house when I happened upon them.

smiths22.jpg

love

Grim

I'm sure I've seen that very signature on loads of 'signed' stuff on ebay?

P.S. Love your use of the word 'routing', very Northern / Scottish.

However, we in the North West would say / spell it as 'rooting'.

My dear old Grandad (born, lived and died in St Helens and spent his whole working life driving a fork-lift truck at the local glassworks) used to use it all the time.

Sorry, had a moment there...:tears:

Back
Top Bottom