2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

It's sort of Morrissey's motus operandi to disappear for a bit and then come out with another album and make his presence known again as well as drum up a lot of anticipation for a tour. How many years were there between Ringleader and YoR? Four? Three? I'm predicting a couple more albums and tours from him over the next 5 years or so and then an announcement that he's retiring. It won't be a happy day, but I think it will be therapeutic to look back at everything he's done and know you've heard everything that there's going to be. He's exhausting himself and spreading himself too thin right now. He needs to recoup.

Of course another tour wouldn't exactly BOTHER me...:blushing:

so let's say Morrissey gets a call offering him a prestigious slot at Glastonbury or some other major festival that he would love to do. do you really think he's gonna say "sorry, can't make it coz my rhthym guitarist is producing albums for a couple of unknown, obscure indie bands"?
of course he won't. he'd get Boz to reschedule, and Boz would be more than happy to do so.

you don't know how nervous you've just made me...

naturally, i would be ecstatic to see Moz tour. at my band's expense though? hm..... we're staking a fair bit on making our band work (how embarrassing)....

p.s. anyway, we (johnny reb) take umbrage not at the 'unknown, obscure' bit... but the 'indie' bit... 'pop' would have been so much nicer :horny:

I know it's been mentioned here before, but I also heard rumours of a Jools Holland Later performance, possibly with Marr. I'd kill for a ticket for that, if it was true, but it's just a rumour.

P.

I must have totally missed that rumor..

I know it's been mentioned here before, but I also heard rumours of a Jools Holland Later performance, possibly with Marr. I'd kill for a ticket for that, if it was true, but it's just a rumour.

P.

soz mate! to be honest, I didn't know who Boz was producing. but pop is infinitely preferable to indie!
as I said originally, I still think a Morrissey tour is very unlikely because of what happened last year.
also, it seems all the big festivals have pretty much finalised their line-ups.
I'm sure you'll be fine. good luck with it all.

you don't know how nervous you've just made me...
naturally, i would be ecstatic to see Moz tour. at my band's expense though? hm..... we're staking a fair bit on making our band work (how embarrassing)....
p.s. anyway, we (johnny reb) take umbrage not at the 'unknown, obscure' bit... but the 'indie' bit... 'pop' would have been so much nicer :horny:

Last edited:

all over the rumours keeping him grounded, he never said that they were cempletely unfounded

I have it on good authority that a uk tour is being planned for jan/feb of 2010

Sorry i was drunk when i posted last and still am, I meant 2011

I dont think Moz will tour this year, maybe a Nov/Dec tour of the U.K, but i expect his autobiogrophy to appear this year, which will be excellent

No biography this year, nor next, I would think. Lead times in publishing are absurdly long for quality projects (ie not the rush-released, cut and paste biographies of the latest TV Talent show winner). I work in this industry and know that it would be eighteen months - at the very least - from signature of contract to publication. The fact that Faber are posting open letters to Moz online would suggest that they are aware that no deal has yet been signed.

to be fair, he does kinda need a break so i'd be happier seeing him next year and on top form than another half-arsed performance of morrissey doing kaiserchiefs covering this charming man.

agree, I was TRULY DISAPPOINTED last summer, but I prefer anyway he takes some rest to come back in 2011......well, let's say somewhere end of 2010........

Can't believe I missed out on the last tour :(

Next tour I am there!

What we should ask is what songs should Morrissey sing in his next tour? I'd like Morrissey to bring back some of his earlier solo stuff back, Girl Least Likely To or End of the family line in the gig list plz Morrissey! He hasn't done them b-sides for years and they're amazing songs!

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom